Biden's Amazing Accomplishments Overlooked

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Vēritās
God

Biden's Amazing Accomplishments Overlooked

Post by Vēritās »

If the media were half as "Liberal" as the Right Wing fake news outlets have insisted, they'd be constantly hyping Biden's accomplishments instead of following their lead with these idiotic tirades about his senility or competence.

Bill Maher and Van Jones nailed it on this one. Jones points out Biden's legislative accomplishments that were tried by his predecessors (including Trump) but seemed all but impossible. Maher points out that Biden stuttering or tripping or walking around looking confused doesn't negate the fact that he's running the country like a boss and getting s--t done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcikse_KudM
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Vēritās
God

Re: Biden's Amazing Accomplishments Overlooked

Post by Vēritās »

It appears he's done far more in just two years than Trump did in four.

President Biden is leading America through a historic economic recovery. In 2021, the U.S. economy added over 6.5 million jobs – the greatest year of job growth under any President in history. At the same time, we saw the largest annual decline in unemployment ever recorded and the strongest year of GDP growth since 1984. This didn’t happen by accident and a rapid recovery was not guaranteed. Thanks to the American Rescue Plan, unemployment has dropped below 4% years ahead of predictions and our economy has recovered faster than other major global economies

The Inflation Reduction Act caps seniors’ out-of-pocket spending for prescription drugs at $2,000 per year and ensures no senior on Medicare will pay over $35 per month for insulin. Under the law, 13 million Americans, covered under the Affordable Care Act, will see their health insurance premiums reduced by $800. The Inflation Reduction Act also takes aggressive action to combat the existential crisis of climate change. These historic clean energy investments will help families save hundreds of dollars every year on their energy bills while strengthening our energy security, creating jobs, and getting us closer to meeting our climate goals.

In his first State of the Union address, President Biden called on Congress to pass legislation to make sure veterans impacted by toxic exposures and their families get the comprehensive care and benefits they earned and deserve. In August of 2022, President Biden signed the PACT Act – the largest single bill to address our service members’ exposure to burn pits and other toxins in American history.
The CHIPS and Science Act will help lower the cost of everyday goods, strengthen American manufacturing and innovation, create good-paying jobs, and bolster our national security. The CHIPS and Science Act will help us compete with China by bringing manufacturing jobs back to America. The law makes historic investments in research and development to accelerate the industries of the future and advance U.S. technological leadership.

President Biden brought together Democrats and Republicans to pass the Bipartisan Safer Communities Act, breaking a 30-year streak of federal inaction on gun violence legislation. The legislation took important steps, including requiring people under 21 to undergo enhanced background checks, closing the “boyfriend loophole,” and providing funding to address youth mental health. President Biden has moved decisively to combat gun violence – issuing dozens of executive orders and signing the most significant gun violence reduction legislation to pass Congress in 30 years.

Under the previous administration, confidence in U.S. leadership around the world plummeted to historic lows. Since taking office, President Biden has worked to revitalize our alliances and restore America’s position of leadership on the global stage. When Russia launched an unprovoked invasion of Ukraine, President Biden rallied our allies across the globe to ensure Vladimir Putin pays a steep economic price for his unjustified war of aggression. Thanks to President Biden’s leadership, international confidence in the United States has sharply increased. America is back, and our alliances are stronger than ever.

After more than 20 years of conflict spanning three previous administrations, President Biden acted decisively to bring our troops home from Afghanistan. Resolute in his commitment not to send another generation of America’s daughters and sons to fight in Afghanistan, President Biden ended our nation’s longest war. President Biden promised that we’d continue to conduct effective counterterrorism operations in Afghanistan without American troops on the ground. In August of 2022, the United States successfully carried out an airstrike in Kabul, Afghanistan, that killed Ayman al-Zawahiri, who was a key architect behind the 9/11 attacks and Osama bin Laden’s successor as head of Al Qaeda.

Thanks to the Biden-Harris Administration, over three-quarters of American adults are fully vaccinated, up from less than 1% before President Biden took office.

Thanks to President Biden, we’re done talking about infrastructure week. Now, we’re building about an infrastructure decade. The law provides billions in funding to repair bridges and roads, begin replacing every lead pipe in America, upgrade our ports and airports, and expand broadband access to all. It also includes the largest federal investment in public transit ever and the biggest investment in Amtrak since its creation. In 2022 alone, repairs will begin on 65,000 miles of roads and 1,500 bridges.

In the first days of his Administration, President Biden rejoined the Paris Climate Accords and committed to cutting U.S. emissions to half of 2005 levels by 2030. As part of the Bipartisan Infrastructure law, the Biden-Harris Administration is making the largest investment in clean energy transmission ever. In addition, the law allocated billions to clean up abandoned mines and oil wells, fund research of next-generation clean energy technologies, build zero-emission public transit, and create a national network of EV charging stations.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

I'd definitely vote for him again, and I never particularly liked him.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Kishkumen wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:18 pm
I'd definitely vote for him again, and I never particularly liked him.
Ditto. He’s been exactly what we needed after that Turd Bird shat up the Office.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

If the American people vote Biden in again in a free and fair election, then we deserve the resulting inflation and recession, maybe even nuclear war.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

ajax18 wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:37 pm
If the American people vote Biden in again in a free and fair election, then we deserve the resulting inflation and recession, maybe even nuclear war.
Hrm. Yes. If my political party isn’t in power we all deserve annihilation.

:roll:

That ^ is what a brainwashed “F” up looks like. I’m not calling Ajax a brainwashed “F” up, per se. I’m just saying he’s what a brainwashed “F” up would look like.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

ajax18 wrote:
Nobody ever deserves nuclear war. Stop behaving like a fool.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Kishkumen wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:55 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Stop poking the bear, for all our sakes.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

ajax18 wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:10 am
Kishkumen wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:55 pm

Stop poking the bear, for all our sakes.
This is coming from the man who thinks we should invade foreign countries, liquidate their population, and then strip said countries for their resources for our own benefit.

:roll:

- Doc
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

So I guess you guys pretty much got what you voted for in Biden. I guess what you've done was deliberrate not just ignorant or misinformed. Here's to 8% inflation $6/gallon gasoline, 8 million more illegal immigrants, and war with Russia. Hail Biden.