Biden's Amazing Accomplishments Overlooked

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Vēritās
God

Re: Biden's Amazing Accomplishments Overlooked

Post by Vēritās »

ajax18 wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:15 am
So I guess you guys pretty much got what you voted for in Biden. I guess what you've done was deliberrate not just ignorant or misinformed. Here's to 8% inflation $6/gallon gasoline, 8 million more illegal immigrants, and war with Russia. Hail Biden.
We're not "at war with Russia," but Biden is handling the situation beautifully by funding a proxy war where our troops don't get killed. In the 80's we had to sneak around and pretend we weren't funding wars against Russia "or else", but Biden has the balls to just make it public that we're going to do precisely that. As a result, Russia is getting their ass kicked, their military has been exposed, their resources depleted, their economy shot to hell, and now its own citizens are defecting from the country by the hundreds of thousands because they oppose Putin's war. Putin is a dictator and his end is near, and Biden will be the one who gets the credit for it the same way you idiots credit Reagan for the collapse of the USSR. Biden's genius move was uniting NATO and making it stronger than ever. It has stuck a huge thumb in Putin's eye, which is the opposite of what Trump wanted to do by exiting NATO all together and giving Putin free reign to do whatever the hell he wanted anywhere he wanted. But like Tucker Carlson, you've been rooting for Putin all along which is why you're so pissed that Biden is kicking his ass. Putin is so desperate all he can do now is make veiled threats of using nukes on his own people!

Meanwhile, I don't know anyone on my street bitching about gas or inflation anymore. For most Americans their record wage increases have made it a minor point. We've been paying $2.89/gallon for about a month now in Ga. It doesn't cause depression, hunger or any of the outright BS catastrophic results you have been hoping for and now we see inflation has already peaked and will begin its decline. Americans are still enjoying the best labor market in decades. When Americans stop spending like drunken sailors, that's when we know inflation is really concerning them. But as it is, their spending habits is half the reason we have inflation.

8 million immigrants? Yes, bring them in. We need more hard working morally upright people like them to help us out with this labor shortage. The only people terrified of immigrants are racist Republicans and "reformed" Stormfront veterans.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

ajax18 wrote:
So I guess you guys pretty much got what you voted for in Biden. I guess what you've done was deliberrate not just ignorant or misinformed. Here's to 8% inflation $6/gallon gasoline, 8 million more illegal immigrants, and war with Russia. Hail Biden.

And what did you hope to get out of Trump? He lied about everything he promised. No wall, no infrastructure passed, he never pulled the troops from Afghanistan like he promised, really all he did was give the wealthy folks a damned tax cut. It is quite literally the ONLY thing Republicans want to see. You don't give a crap about small government because Trump spent more money than Obama did in eight years. You don't care about corruption because you turned a blind eye to Trump enriching himself and his family at our expense for four years. You don't care about helping Americans because Trump was only interested in helping those who voted for him, mocking states like California when they had forest fires, or mocking Puerto Rico when it got hammered by a hurricane.

Notice the difference in how Biden rushed to Florida and worked with DeSantis to provide Federal aid after hurricane Ian. That's what a real President, a real American leader does. Biden promised he'd be a President for ALL Americans, not just the ones who kiss his ass and do him favors.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

ajax18 wrote:
Ajax, what did your guy, Donald Trump spend his 6.7 Trillion on bud?

How did Trump's trade war factor into inflation? (I've gone over this a couple times, does Brietbart say? Does anyone who writes for Brietbart even have a college degree let alone something that qualifies them to speak on their subject?)

The inflation president really is Trump, Ajax, and here's why. Trump would have continued his reckless pandemic spending if he were president a second term. However, Biden wouldn't have waged the trade war with China. So that's how you have to look at it. Who, if president, would have actually done something different? The pandemic spending would have been about the same irrespective of who was president. However, Trump is unique in the rando trade war he leveled on China, which tanked commodities, cost the economy 1.7 trillion, and then provoked right-winger Jerome Powell to lower interest rates to cover for Trump, which fueled the asset bubble. The unique contribution to inflation was Trump, your guy, Ajax. Your loser.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

ajax18 wrote:
Do you really not understand what a fool you are making of yourself on this thread, or do you just not care that you are? I find either one of those two options remarkable! There are things that Biden's administration is accomplishing and has already accomplished as reported in this thread alone that are, whether you believe it or not, of far greater importance than even $6 per gallon gasoline and 8 million immigrants! For one thing, if the USA falls behind China and the rest of the world in renewable, green energy technology, we are in serious danger of becoming an economic and scientific backwater in the world and even a laughingstock!
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Gunnar wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:49 am
ajax18 wrote:
Do you really not understand what a fool you are making of yourself on this thread, or do you just not care that you are? I find either one of those two options remarkable! There are things that Biden's administration is accomplishing and has already accomplished reported in this thread that are, whether you believe it or not, that are of far greater importance than even $6 per gallon gasoline and 8 million immigrants! For one thing, if the USA falls behind China and the rest of the world in renewable, green energy technology, we are in serious danger of becoming an economic and scientific backwater in the world and even a laughingstock!
There aren't 8 million illegal immigrants, ajax is just lying like he always does. There were 1.9 million "border encounters" with border patrol in 2022 and he's likely interpreting that as "2 million entries per year" or some BS like that. He ignores the millions that are deported or simply turned away.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Vēritās wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:19 am
There aren't 8 million illegal immigrants, ajax is just lying like he always does. There were 1.9 million "border encounters" with border patrol in 2022 and he's likely interpreting that as "2 million entries per year" or some BS like that. He ignores the millions that are deported or simply turned away.
Well, yeah, I realize that. Being familiar with his posting history it is practically a given that he will exaggerate to the hilt and determinedly ignore any evidence that doesn't support his narrative.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Vēritās wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:45 am
ajax18 wrote:
We're not "at war with Russia," but Biden is handling the situation beautifully by funding a proxy war where our troops don't get killed. In the 80's we had to sneak around and pretend we weren't funding wars against Russia "or else", but Biden has the balls to just make it public that we're going to do precisely that. As a result, Russia is getting their ass kicked, their military has been exposed, their resources depleted, their economy shot to hell, and now its own citizens are defecting from the country by the hundreds of thousands because they oppose Putin's war. Putin is a dictator and his end is near, and Biden will be the one who gets the credit for it the same way you idiots credit Reagan for the collapse of the USSR. Biden's genius move was uniting NATO and making it stronger than ever. It has stuck a huge thumb in Putin's eye, which is the opposite of what Trump wanted to do by exiting NATO all together and giving Putin free reign to do whatever the hell he wanted anywhere he wanted. But like Tucker Carlson, you've been rooting for Putin all along which is why you're so pissed that Biden is kicking his ass. Putin is so desperate all he can do now is make veiled threats of using nukes on his own people!

Meanwhile, I don't know anyone on my street bitching about gas or inflation anymore. For most Americans their record wage increases have made it a minor point. We've been paying $2.89/gallon for about a month now in Ga. It doesn't cause depression, hunger or any of the outright BS catastrophic results you have been hoping for and now we see inflation has already peaked and will begin its decline. Americans are still enjoying the best labor market in decades. When Americans stop spending like drunken sailors, that's when we know inflation is really concerning them. But as it is, their spending habits is half the reason we have inflation.

8 million immigrants? Yes, bring them in. We need more hard working morally upright people like them to help us out with this labor shortage. The only people terrified of immigrants are racist Republicans and "reformed" Stormfront veterans.
DO Democrats want more military spendins? That's a first, but I do kind of like that.
Last edited by ajax18 on Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Gunnar wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:48 am
Vēritās wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:19 am
Well, yeah, I realize that. Being familiar with his posting history it is practically a given that he will exaggerate to the hilt and determinedly ignore any evidence that doesn't support his narrative.
If you encounter 4 million, it's likely you never even encountered another 4 million as they march across the border. All these immigrants bolstering the economy and yet we have 8% inflation and a recession. Could it be that we're just importing poverty?
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

ajax18 wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:08 pm
Democrats who want more military spending. That's a first, but I do kind of like that.
You shouldn't. It isn't military spending that goes to waste, it is being used immediately. Republicans only like wasteful military spending like $1.7 trillion on the F-35 that still hasn't worked out all the kinks. Biden is spending money that is going directly to war against the world's greatest threat to Democracy, with zero risk to our troops. He's effectively killed over 100,000 Russians, more than Reagan.

With respect to gas prices, the hilarious thing about it is the way the Right Wing has dramatized it to make it seem like it is killing families everywhere, when in reality the actual increase in gas prices means roughly an added $600 expense for the average car driver. This complaint is coming from the same people who griped and moaned about a $600 stimulus check from Biden just last year, insisting it was more than what was needed.

If you do the math and figure the average person drives 14,000 miles per year and the price of gas averaged $2.75 in 2018 and the average car gets about 20 miles per gallon, you get an annual cost of about $2,000 towards gasoline in 2018 in Trump's second year. No one was whining about that even though it was up $600/year from 2016 during Obama's final year in office.

In 2022 the avg price of gas is about $4.25 through 10 months, which means the average driver will spend about $2,900 on gas this year. When you adjust for inflation that is also an increase of just over $600.

Selective outrage anyone?
Last edited by Vēritās on Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

ajax18 wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:12 pm
Gunnar wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:48 am

If you encounter 4 million, it's likely you never even encountered another 4 million as they march across the border. All these immigrants bolstering the economy and yet we have 8% inflation and a recession. Could it be that we're just importing poverty?
"Likely"? No, you're making assertions based on racist fear mongering, not actual data. We're not in a recession, and the reason we have a labor shortage is because Trump slashed legal immigration dramatically and illegal immigration dropped because the economy sucked during his tenure. Data proves that illegal immigration increases as the US economy improves.

And no, we know we're not "importing poverty" because the majority of these people don't stay poor. They have a wicked work ethic that is second only to the Japanese.