Board Issue

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Kishkumen
God

Board Issue

Post by Kishkumen »

How dare I misread one of your Highnesses pearls that you’ve deigned to cast before the swine of this board. I shall avert my eyes whenever you walk past so as to avoid soiling Your Majesty’s Empire any further.
I have noticed a new tendency on the board to get this kind of reaction to posts. I have no issue with people getting upset with me, but this is different, and I want to know where it is coming from. I have been here a long time, and I am an opinionated person, but I don’t see that this “he thinks he runs the place” reaction to me is warranted.

What’s up?
“The past no longer belongs only to those who once lived it; the past belongs to those who claim it, and are willing to explore it, and to infuse it with meaning for those alive today.”—Margaret Atwood
Vēritās
God

Re: Board Issue

Post by Vēritās »

Looks like you came across an idiot. It happens a lot here.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Vēritās wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:42 pm
Looks like you came across an idiot. It happens a lot here.
Thanks for joining in!

:-)
“The past no longer belongs only to those who once lived it; the past belongs to those who claim it, and are willing to explore it, and to infuse it with meaning for those alive today.”—Margaret Atwood
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Post by Dr Moore »

Reverend,

I think some new visitors are not accustomed to engaging in heated but healthy academic debate.

It isn't you.

Cheers!
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

I didn't know you were royalty.

That helps explain why my macaroni necklace I gave your for Christmas didn't seem to go over so well.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Dr Moore wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:17 pm
Reverend,

I think some new visitors are not accustomed to engaging in heated but healthy academic debate.

It isn't you.

Cheers!
I don't think it's new visitors. In this particular case, it's from a long-timer.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Kishkumen wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:17 pm
How dare I misread one of your Highnesses pearls that you’ve deigned to cast before the swine of this board. I shall avert my eyes whenever you walk past so as to avoid soiling Your Majesty’s Empire any further.
I have noticed a new tendency on the board to get this kind of reaction to posts. I have no issue with people getting upset with me, but this is different, and I want to know where it is coming from. I have been here a long time, and I am an opinionated person, but I don’t see that this “he thinks he runs the place” reaction to me is warranted.

What’s up?
I'm not sure it's a trend, Reverend, as opposed to a clash of personalities.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Dr Moore wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:17 pm
Reverend,

It isn't you.

Cheers!
Hmmm. . . . Could be. Perhaps I am just so used to the Cassius University vibe that I forget others of more recent arrival may not be.

Thanks, Dr. Moore!
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:26 pm
I didn't know you were royalty.

That helps explain why my macaroni necklace I gave your for Christmas didn't seem to go over so well.
Hey, that makes two of us. I didn’t know I was royalty either, but my board persona does have a gluten intolerance!
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:23 pm
I don't think it's new visitors. In this particular case, it's from a long-timer.

Hmmm. . . OK. So maybe a clash of personalities then. I mean, there are long-timers and there are loooong-timers. But you would think those who have been here for at least a few years would get the shtick.