Does character really matter in politics

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Gunnar
God

Re: Does character really matter in politics

Post by Gunnar »

Moksha wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 11:47 am
Gunnar wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:37 am

That's for sure! There are very few politicians of any stripe as or more intelligent, more knowledgeable or more articulate than Buttigieg, let alone Republicans! He has been known to get enthusiastic ovations for his views even from audiences full of FOX fans addressed by him!
Don't you suspect that Republicans would rather try to pass through the eye of a needle than support an honest candidate?
That's one way of putting it that I haven't seen before, but it makes sense to me.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

All that matters in politics is character.

Independents want honest, accountable adults.

Democrats want easily offended intellectuals.

Republicans want lying, hypocritical, control-freak morons.

Of course character matters.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

I think Republicans can best be described as Anti-Truthers.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Besides favoring capitalism, would you also support the reintroduction of the Mason-Dixon line?
I'd build an impenetrable wall around California and dump every illegal immigrant in their with you. .
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.