Just how stupid is Herschel?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Moksha
God

Re: Just how stupid is Herschel?

Post by Moksha »

If the Republicans decide to run Herschel Walker as their sharpest candidate for President, I suspect Ajax would get on board, right?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Moksha wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:14 am
If the Republicans decide to run Herschel Walker as their sharpest candidate for President, I suspect Ajax would get on board, right?
I suspect that Mr. Walker was recruited by them for running for Senator precisely because they knew full well that he was very far from their brightest possible choice as a candidate.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:18 pm
https://www.yahoo.com/news/herschel-wal ... 00350.html

In perhaps the Most Tone Deaf political speech in recent memory, Herschel Walker goes off on LGTBQ+ types the day after the grandson of a GOP politico murders five and wounds 18(?) in Colorado. It’s to the point that he’s become Trumpian, in that there’s no point cataloguing what he says since those that’ll vote for him will vote for him no matter what. If you take the time to scroll through the comments, it’s astonishing just how dense the discourse is. I honestly can’t tell if people are just that stupid, if they’re trolls, or if they’re bots. Who damned knows.

- Doc

Add Jenna Ellis to the pile of tone-deaf nutters:
“The five people who were killed in the nightclub that night, there is no evidence at all that they were Christians. And so assuming that they have not accepted the truth of the Gospel of Christ affirmed Christ as the lord of their life they are now reaping the consequences of having eternal damnation. And that is far, far greater … and we should be having that conversation, instead of just the tragedy of what happened to the body, we need be talking about what happened to the soul and the fact that they are now in eternal separation from our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.”
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

canpakes wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:46 pm
“The five people who were killed in the nightclub that night, there is no evidence at all that they were Christians. And so assuming that they have not accepted the truth of the Gospel of Christ affirmed Christ as the lord of their life they are now reaping the consequences of having eternal damnation. And that is far, far greater … and we should be having that conversation, instead of just the tragedy of what happened to the body, we need be talking about what happened to the soul and the fact that they are now in eternal separation from our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.”
Yet more proof that religion is a disease of the human mind. “F”, that's retarded.

I'm honestly feel sorry by those infected with religion. It is beyond idiocy. You may think you have some special relationship with it that doesn't make you susceptible to stupidity, but you are kidding yourself. Religion makes people dumber, invariably. It's a fail-proof IQ suppressor.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

canpakes wrote:

[/quote]

OK ... so taking this seriously:

"Your Honour, admitting (which we do not) the assumptions of my learned friend on the possible present state of the victims of this horrific shooting, does it not follow that the perpetrator acted in a most reprehensible manner in dispatching his victims into a condition in which all future hope of salvation is removed from them? On her assumption, had those victims been allowed to live out the span of their natural lives, many if not all of them might have fulfilled the conditions she specifies for entry into an eternity of happiness. For those without a belief in any future state, the victims have simply been deprived of life, contrary to the law. That is bad enough. But on her assumption the perpetrator has not only deprived them of life, but also launched many of them into an eternal torment.

I therefore respectfully submit, your Honour, that she ought to concede that her arguments, if admitted, would greatly aggravate the offence committed, rendering it not only more morally opprobrious than it would otherwise have been, but demanding, if possible, a greater penalty than the law currently allows. But this, rather strangely, does not appear to be the argument she is making."
Last edited by Chap on Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Chap wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:22 am
canpakes wrote:

OK ... so taking this seriously:

"Your Honour, admitting (which we do not) the assumptions of my learned friend on the possible present state of the victims of this horrific shooting, does it not follow that the perpetrator acted in a most reprehensible manner in dispatching his victims into a condition in which all future hope of salvation is removed from them? On her assumption, had those victims been allowed to live out the span of their natural lives, many if not all of them might have fulfilled the conditions she specifies for entry into an eternity of happiness. For those without a belief in any future state, the victims have simply been deprived of life, contrary to the law. That is bad enough. But on her assumption the perpetrator has not only deprived them of life, but also launched many of them into an eternal torment.

I therefore respectfully submit, your owner, that she ought to concede that her arguments, if admitted, would greatly aggravate the offence committed, rendering it not only more morally opprobrious than it would otherwise have been, but demanding, if possible, a greater penalty than the law currently allows. But this, rather strangely, does not appear to be the argument she is making."
Brilliant, Chap!
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Some Schmo wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:39 am
canpakes wrote:

Yet more proof that religion is a disease of the human mind. “F”, that's retarded.

I'm honestly feel sorry by those infected with religion. It is beyond idiocy. You may think you have some special relationship with it that doesn't make you susceptible to stupidity, but you are kidding yourself. Religion makes people dumber, invariably. It's a fail-proof IQ suppressor.
:lol:
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

Thinking of watching some videos of people on the street being asked basic history or civics questions and hearing shockingly stupid answers, answers betraying no knowledge whatsoever I was baffled and shocked. Are there really American youth both this stupid and this ignorant? I have considered a theory. Some people may think playing stupid is cute and is a way to appear clever. They hope to appear to conceal the extent of their knowledge making it to appear larger than it is.

Some supporters of Herschel may hope a clever strategy like this is in play. Perhaps, but there is the probability that natural talent for the role is playing a larger part than clever deception.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

This is the best Warnock commercial yet, but it may be too late. Should have been playing this montage of Herschel speeches weeks ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfDpCJZ2Duw
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

316966398_10225589850790692_7162896930294157189_n.jpg
316966398_10225589850790692_7162896930294157189_n.jpg (160.63 KiB) Viewed 347 times