Just how stupid is Herschel?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Vēritās
God

Re: Just how stupid is Herschel?

Post by Vēritās »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:15 am
Speaking of dummies who just say stuff, and because they just said stuff it becomes real to magatards:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/herschel-wal ... 06600.html
If we was ready for the green agenda, I'd raise my hand right now. But we're not ready right now. So don't let them fool you like this is a new agenda. This is not a new agenda … What we need to do is keep having those gas-guzzling cars, 'cause we got the good emissions under those cars. We're doing the best thing that we can.
It hurts my soul an electorate would send a man like that to the Senate. But, were not finished!
We in America have some of the cleanest air and cleanest water of anybody in the world … So what we are going to do is put, from the Green New Deal, millions, billions of dollars cleaning our good air up. So all of the sudden China and India, they put nothing to clean that situation up. Since we don't control the air, our good air decides to float over to China's bad air. So when China gets our good air, their bad air got to move. So it moves over to our good airspace. Then, now, we got to clean that back up.
We live in the most technologically and geopolitically complicated era of humanity and half the voters in Georgia want to send this guy to the Senate to represent them. It’s … this … I mean … the short-sightedness …

- Doc
sas.jpg
sas.jpg (118.68 KiB) Viewed 521 times
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

The other day I saw a Herschel ad with him speaking and I could tell he was straining so hard to speak correctly for about few dozen words and he started off well. But then at the end he said, "I'm Herschel Walka and I gree with dis metchich" :lol:

I kept laughing imagining how many takes he had to do before the film crew finally gave up and said screw it, this take here is the best we're going it get.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Vēritās wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:52 am
The other day I saw a Herschel ad with him speaking and I could tell he was straining so hard to speak correctly for about few dozen words and he started off well. But then at the end he said, "I'm Herschel Walka and I gree with dis metchich" :lol:

I kept laughing imagining how many takes he had to do before the film crew finally gave up and said screw it, this take here is the best we're going it get.
He started rambling about werewolves versus vampires:

https://Twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/ ... frame.html

https://www.businessinsider.com/hersche ... 022-11?amp
I don't know if you know, but vampires are some cool people, are they not? But let me tell you something that I found out: A werewolf can kill a vampire. Did you know that? I never knew that. So, I don't want to be a vampire anymore. I want to be a werewolf.
And that's where it is in our life. It don't even work unless you've got faith," Walker said, after describing a movie scene that involved holy water and a cross. "We gotta have faith.
Come the “F” on GOP.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

FhuEooLWAAA-qXZ(1).jpeg
FhuEooLWAAA-qXZ(1).jpeg (70.01 KiB) Viewed 473 times
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

For quite a while now the quality of political candidates has declined, and I think that is deliberate. The oligarchs who run this country want politicians they can manipulate or outright control. They don’t care how ignorant or stupid a candidate is so long as that person can get elected and do their bidding. The GOP is probably the bigger offender in this, but I am not all that impressed by the Dems either.

That said, Stacy Abrams is a brainy rockstar in any room.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/herschel-wal ... 00350.html

In perhaps the Most Tone Deaf political speech in recent memory, Herschel Walker goes off on LGTBQ+ types the day after the grandson of a GOP politico murders five and wounds 18(?) in Colorado. It’s to the point that he’s become Trumpian, in that there’s no point cataloguing what he says since those that’ll vote for him will vote for him no matter what. If you take the time to scroll through the comments, it’s astonishing just how dense the discourse is. I honestly can’t tell if people are just that stupid, if they’re trolls, or if they’re bots. Who damned knows.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:18 pm
https://www.yahoo.com/news/herschel-wal ... 00350.html

In perhaps the Most Tone Deaf political speech in recent memory, Herschel Walker goes off on LGTBQ+ types the day after the grandson of a GOP politico murders five and wounds 18(?) in Colorado. It’s to the point that he’s become Trumpian, in that there’s no point cataloguing what he says since those that’ll vote for him will vote for him no matter what. If you take the time to scroll through the comments, it’s astonishing just how dense the discourse is. I honestly can’t tell if people are just that stupid, if they’re trolls, or if they’re bots. Who damned knows.

- Doc
I cannot fully describe how hard this mass shooting has hit the area. I chose not to post about it because literally everyone I know is sick and angry over this and so am I. I didn't have anything to say that was fit for public consumption.

5 people were killed. 25 injured. The only thing they were guilty of was socializing in what they assumed was a safe place. LE has still not released a mug shot of the shooter. I viewed a video of his arrest in 2021 so I've seen what he looks like and dug around for some bio on him.

in my opinion, if HW can't keep all the sociopolitical balls in the air then he doesn't deserve the platform that he's got.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:18 pm
In perhaps the Most Tone Deaf political speech in recent memory, Herschel Walker goes off on LGTBQ+ types the day after the grandson of a GOP politico murders five and wounds 18(?) in Colorado.
Is it tone deaf, or is it purposeful?

Anti-LGBTQ rhetoric is pretty popular with a good chunk of his voting base, and Herschel might be thinking that he needs to remind them to vote for him in the runoff, lest they get complacent and sit the runoff out on the reason that Senate control can’t end up in Republican hands regardless.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

canpakes wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:51 pm
...lest they get complacent and sit the runoff out on the reason that Senate control can’t end up in Republican hands regardless.
Everyone should keep in mind that if Warnock keeps his job, Dems don't need to worry so much about Manchin.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Man who helped stop the Club Q shooter: I’m just a normal guy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3_LpTmUb9M
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!