Just how stupid is Herschel?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
canpakes
God

Re: Just how stupid is Herschel?

Post by canpakes »

Vēritās wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:12 pm
316966398_10225589850790692_7162896930294157189_n.jpg
I don’t think Herschel is the one best fit to rise to the occasion.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

The latest on HW:

https://www.mediaite.com/election-2022/ ... toward-me/
Walker’s campaign challenging incumbent Sen. Raphael Warnock (D-GA) has been plagued by seemingly constant scandals and gaffes, from reports that the staunchly pro-life candidate had encouraged girlfriends to get abortions, multiple “secret children” whom Walker allegedly hid from his own campaign staff, vociferous denunciations on social media by his son Christian Walker, a highly-ridiculed attempt to present a prop police badge as a legitimate law enforcement credential, a bizarre monologue about vampires vs. werewolves — not to mention Walker’s habit of rambling word salad commentary and a Freudian slip on Fox News.

Out of that maelstrom of mayhem, perhaps the most troubling allegations were found in an attack ad released in August featuring a video of Walker’s ex-wife accusing him of holding a gun to her head and threatening to “blow [her] brains out.”
But, as if that weren’t enough to sink a GOPher’s political aspirations this allegation ensues:
Parsa recalled a 2005 incident in which she caught Walker cheating on her, finding another woman at his condo, and he became violent:

When Parsa confronted Walker, she said, the soft-spoken gentleman that she had grown to love vanished. He grew rageful and physically intimidating, she said, yelling at her repeatedly, “You want to see a man? I’ll show you a man!” He pressed his forehead against hers, she said.

“His massive hands were on my chest and throat,” Parsa said. “I thought he was going to beat me.”

Then, she said, “I saw a fist flying toward me. As I ducked down, he hit the wall beside my head and staggered backwards toward the bedroom, saying, ‘COME ON! I’M GONNA SHOW YOU WHAT A MAN IS!’ And I heard him from the bedroom beating himself up against the wall repeatedly and with force.”

The other woman was sitting on the couch the whole time, Parsa said, trying unsuccessfully to calm Walker as he “punished himself.”
Obviously we don’t have all the facts surrounding HW’s life, but surely there are qualified people within the GOP who don’t have so many question marks around a candidate? If the people of GA vote this Texas resident into office to represent their interests, they’re sending a very strong message to the rest of the country they’re not serious about running a competent federal government. Which actually may be the point come to think of it …

- Doc
Last edited by Doctor CamNC4Me on Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

I have the same feeling as I did when I watched Muhammad Ali carry the Olympic torch in the opening ceremony some time ago. Then it was: so this is what a boxing career does to the brain. With Walker, it's the same thing: so this is what a career in football does to the brain.

Whoever pushed him to run as a senate candidate should be horsewhipped or something. They didn't care about the effect that running for Senate would have an Walker and his reputation. They didn't care about obvious effect taking repeated hits to the head did to them. It looks like they just got a bright idea that a black football star would be more popular than the black preacher and drafted Herschel.

When I see a clip of him trying to give a speech or a press conference, I just feel sick inside.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

Yeah, the GOP sunk to a new low with this draftee. He had to be bracketed by two senators on one show to help him answer questions. Still it's a close race with Warnock up by 2 points. https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... olls/2022/

It just goes to show the danger of party politics over common sense. Would a republican corpse win in Utah? Democratic corpse in California?
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:01 am
It just goes to show the danger of party politics over common sense. Would a republican corpse win in Utah? Democratic corpse in California?
A dead Republican pimp rapist won in Nevada... so... *shrug*
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:15 am
Dr Exiled wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:01 am
Who was that? I must have missed it.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:48 pm
Doctor Steuss wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:15 am

Dennis Hof.
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:53 pm
Dr Exiled wrote:
Dennis Hof.
Republicans in Nye County certainly love their brothel owners. But I guess that proves the point of essentially voting along party lines regardless.
Alphus and Omegus
Area Authority

Post by Alphus and Omegus »

Walker is so stupid that Warnock released an ad consisting of nothing more than people reacting to Walker after watching his many moronic remarks:

https://Twitter.com/ReverendWarnock/sta ... 7566133250
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:53 pm
Dr Exiled wrote:

Dennis Hof.
I find it incredible that even a man like that, just by running as a Republican, would be preferable by diehard Republican voters to any Democrat, even knowing what an immoral, disgusting creature he was. I'm glad he died before he could take office. The man dismissed as a "RINO" by Hoff, who is likely to be appointed to take his place in the legislature, though he was defeated by Hoff in the primaries, could hardly be worse than Dennis Hoff!

Most incredible to me is that Jennifer O'Kane, who accused Hoff of brutally raping her on several occasions, and wished he had gone to jail, still maintained that if she still lived in his district, she'd rather vote for Dennis Hoff, than his Democrat challenger, Lesia Romanov, despite having just admitted, “I like her a lot—she’s a nice person”!
Last edited by Gunnar on Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.