Just how stupid is Herschel?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Vēritās
God

Re: Just how stupid is Herschel?

Post by Vēritās »

canpakes wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 2:23 pm
Vēritās wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 2:16 pm

That's right. Let's continue to coddle the white supremacist and help him push his agenda by derailing threads without any pushback from the mods and let's help him hide his background as well. Meanwhile, he's free to lie about things I never said and positions I never held with zero pushback, and for me to speak the simple truth about his background and the positions he's made, well that is entirely forbidden.
Not coddling. There are some labels that carry very heavy and specific baggage, and therefore have limited or no use here. And I would do the same to a post that referred to you with the same label.

Unless you flash me a membership card.
Well how convenient. Calling me a Nazi would never happen because it has no meaning because unlike Ajax, I'm not the one who has a long history of posting on a Neo-Nazi forum while dehumanizing people of color.

This is coddling because you effectively provide a safe haven for his bigotry and ignorance to run amuck. There is no logical argument you can make to explain why him calling me and others "communists" over and over is acceptable but me pointing out his background as a Nazi is completely off limits. The only rationale is that someone at some point, after EA left, arbitrarily decided that one line of attack is acceptable whereas another isn't. No more bluster about "play the ball not the man" because that turned out to be a short lived moment of indignance aimed at me.

When I "attack" ajax I'm merely pointing out facts about his established views that he's already made known to the world, and you're always quick to pull out the red ink whenever that happens because we can't let people know who they're really conversing with now can we? But on the other hand Ajax lies about me using the N word over and over and you won't even delete it even though it is entirely a derailment attempt. He's been doin this for years and sometimes I don't even known about it until months have passed and someone brings it to my attention to ask me about something he alleges I did.

What's the difference between me anxiously and happily calling black people the N word, and ajax explicitly stating black people are "morally inferior"? According to you folks, the former is tolerated and reports don't even get a response, but the latter is completely off limits.

If Doc has reported his post as a derailment then that means the mods have been ignoring MULTIPLE reports about it. You can look at my reporting history in more than 15 years and see I've reported posts only two or three times. I rarely bother with it. But every time I do, it has been ignored. Yet, I'm always urged to report things instead getting personal. For what?
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:23 pm
canpakes wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 2:23 pm

Not coddling. There are some labels that carry very heavy and specific baggage, and therefore have limited or no use here. And I would do the same to a post that referred to you with the same label.

Unless you flash me a membership card.
The real problem is the derailment of a thread. This has been a tried and true tactic, not an organic flow, but a tactic he’s used for as long as I can remember. He pops in with a whatabout with regard to some other issue and then successfully has people chasing red herrings. And don’t act like that crap isn’t getting reported and ignored. Instead of splitting off his derails and holding him accountable to the thread’s topic the Mods just indulge him no matter how many times it’s pointed out. It’s such BS when a poster takes the time to answer one of his claims only to have it ignored and then instantly turns to another manufactured grievance he never intends to discuss.

- Doc
I can move some stuff, as this is a derail.

I’ll make a new thread for those bits in a few moments.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Analytical Bird wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:22 am
If Herschel was not a Republican candidate, I wonder what Ajax would have to say about him?
Are you suggesting in a nice way that Ajax would be less than kind to Herschel Walker's antics if he was not the Republican candidate from Georgia and that you base that on historical posting patterns? Remember, Canpakes places no stock in having a Confederate general who founded the Klan as an avatar.

Even if Herschel Walker interweaves fantasy with real life, what possible effect would that have upon a US Senator, except for seeing Marjorie Taylor Greene as an evil Martian Phlengo and tackling her to the ground after taking away her disruptor ray? I mean, she does seem evil.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

You took out all the parts dealing with the nincompoopery of Herschel Walker.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Just how stupid are his supporters?
The campaign for Georgia Republican Senate candidate Herschel Walker has reportedly ordered prop police badges to distribute to supporters less than a week after he flashed a faux badge onstage during a debate.

Walker’s campaign told NBC News on Monday that it ordered 1,000 fake “I’m with Herschel” badges to stir up support in response to the controversy.
Embrace the stupidity!
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Vēritās wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 1:08 pm
Embrace the stupidity!
That's been the tacit message from the GOP since at least midway through Bush's tenure. You had Bush, then Sarah Palin, then Trump, and that has opened the floodgates of GOP idiots for their base to embrace.

They literally value and worship stupidity, and their media sources do nothing to correct that. They are helping all that rightwing stupidity grow.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Lester Maddox used to hand out ax handles as a symbolic representation of his campaign. Herschel has fake badges. Perhaps Trump could distribute top-secret document folders to the crowd with little Putin hearts drawn on them.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

What if Herschel Walker showed up here at this forum, flashed his police badge, and sought to arrest Vēritās? Would Shades or Res Ipsa come forward to examine the warrant if one existed? What would they make of the Hecho en Mexico stamped on the back of Herschel's badge? Would that mean Herschel has international jurisdiction to seek an arrest?
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

How many women are we up to now? Two? Three? Four?

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Alphus and Omegus
Area Authority

Post by Alphus and Omegus »

A comedian group put these up at a recent Walker event: