Anyone following the Tom Brady Divorce?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
ajax18
God

Anyone following the Tom Brady Divorce?

Post by ajax18 »

Something nonpolitical for a change.

I wonder if Tom Brady is going to be able to keep his focus and perform well while going through this. I wonder exactly what Bundchen's terms were for the marriage contract. I really doubt that Tom Brady ever intended to be the full-time househusband Giselle seems to want. I could see him sportcasting, coaching but I can't see him just giving up the game forever because Giselle demands it. I guess looking back at when his relationship with Bridget Moneyhan went south, it didn't seem to affect his performance in New England, and that relationship produced a child as well.

I was listening to Maria Sharapova's book "Unstoppable," since I don't read:) I always wondered how a poor 4 year old girl from Russia with a Dad who spoke little to no English managed to get taken on for free at the Bolletieri academy, a place where I'd venture to say <2% of American parents could afford to enroll their kid. The audio tape was great and answered a lot my questions I had about what the life a professional tennis player is like. The most interesting part was when she talked about not being able to have a boyfriend as a tour level player. I was literally clueless about this as a younger less informed man. But she elucidated an important principle that holds true for most celebrity marriages and why they rarely if ever work out. Anyone who wanted to be in a relationship with her would have to spend all his time in her entourage following her around the world. And yet anyone willing to do this must not have a life of his own and therefore would not be someone she would want to be in a relationship with anyway.

I'm always astonished at people who are the supposedly victims of spousal abuse. What's the first thing they do when they finally get out of a bad relationship? They go and get into another, only to find out that it's just same situation all over again but worse because of the baggage (kids, reduced income) that inevitably follows them.

And while I firmly believe that divorce is always bad for the children to the point I'd like to see it outlawed, I do see some second marriage success stories. Look at how poorly Andre Agassi played while he was married to Brooke Shields. Look at much stronger he was as an older player well past his prime undoubtedly because he was married to Steffi Graff. Another good example is Roger Federer. Nobody knows her name but Mirka Vavrinek was once a tour level player as well. I don't think Roger would have amounted to much without the gem he found in Mirka. From what I hear a more supportive spouse is not to be found.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Vēritās
God

Re: Anyone following the Tom Brady Divorce?

Post by Vēritās »

WTF does Sharapova or spousal abuse have to do with this?

Nothing.

Gisselle supported Tom in his career but they made an agreement that he would retire and spend more time with the wife and kids, which he did. But then he reneged on that promise and started playing again... all for what? He's already the greatest QB to ever play. He has nothing left to prove, but seems to have serious issues growing up. I can't imagine continuing to play at that age when I have kids that young. He's obviously willing to sacrifice time with his kids for this, whatever it is, and that makes him an asshole. Brazilian women are a lot of things, but what they aren't are tolerant of people who back out of their promises.

Gisselle followed him around like a puppy dog during all his games, which says something because she doesn't need any of this. She has a net worth of nearly a half billion dollars, which is more than twice that of Tom Brady. She made $47 million last year alone which is astonishing for a super model at her age. All she wanted was a real family at home for her kids. That wasn't too much to ask.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Are you a househusband now Veritas? I guess I'm glad soneone enjoys it. Definitely not for me, I love my sports too much to ever give them up willingly. The adenaline the roar of the crowd. I'll get up for that until they put me in the ground.. John Madden said football allowed him to make 45 years of his working life like recess.

Why would Giselle marry a football player if all she wanted was a househusband? Because that would mean he had no life of his own and therefore she wouldn't be interested anyway.

Even the great Tom Brady has woman troubles.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:46 am
Are you a househusband now Veritas? I guess I'm glad soneone enjoys it. Definitely not for me,
Household husband? WTF is that? I travel the world, enjoy my life and spend as much time with my kids as I can. I coach my 9 year old son's little league team, take my oldest son to the gym with me, and I have one on one time with my daughter at least twice per week. Brady goes months without seeing his kids because he chooses to.

Not for you huh? So much for those family values. What exactly did you learn from Trumpublicanism's "family values" or Mormonism anyway? No wonder you defend Herschel Walker for abandoning his kids.

Even Steve Young retired at age 37. Tom Brady is 45 for crying out loud. Everything is downhill from here on out for him until he gives it up and does something more productive with his life like being there for his family.
I love my sports too much to ever give them up willingly.
Give us a break, you're a fake doctor pretending to be a professional athlete now? You play tennis with your neighborhood league.
The adenaline the roar of the crowd. I'll get up for that until they put me in the ground.. John Madden said football allowed him to make 45 years of his working life like recess.
Madden would know, but you wouldn't.
Why would Giselle marry a football player if all she wanted was a househusband?
Good God your stupidity crosses all subjects huh? Giselle made an agreement with Brady and he broke it. Period. That's all there is to it. He broke his promise and sacrificed his family for a little more extra time in the limelight, which is selfish as all get out.
Even the great Tom Brady has woman troubles.
Typical Republican prickish mentality, always the woman's fault. No ajax, Tom Brady has Tom Brady problems. He's blowing it big time, losing one of the most successful and beautiful women in the entire world because he needs fans cheering him more than he needs his own kids. That's not smart or admirable, it is pure stupidity.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Household husband? WTF is that? I travel the world, enjoy my life and spend as much time with my kids as I can. I coach my 9 year old son's little league team, take my oldest son to the gym with me, and I have one on one time with my daughter at least twice per week. Brady goes months without seeing his kids because he chooses to.
There is such a thing as an off season. I have a buddy who married a real successful bitch that is an oncologist. He's permitted one hour per week to play tennis with me. A half hour into the match she usually interrupts us bitching about the time. He does 3/4 of the childcare, kitchen duty, babysitting etc. He also has to work full time because no woman that successful would want a man who didn't make lots of money as well. He sure as hell is not permitted to travel the world like you do Veritas. She's a very poor Catholic in my opinion and incapable of loving at least when it comes to whichever man is currently serving her in a relationship. We tried to tell him when they were dating that her control freak tendencies were only going to get worse. What amazes me about it is that she's not pretty at all, nor does she care to be.

I think Tom will have no problem finding a more supportive woman who enjoys seeing him play and doesn't need to him to be home all the time. For me it's a good lesson that Victoria Secret Models are not what they seem. I sure don't envy the marriage Tom Brady had. Maybre Tom will start supporting Trump again now that Giselle is out of the picture, and unable to implement her political ideology upon him.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

I actually love coaching. my daughter. I can't wait till my son is ready to start swinging racquet or throw a football. No matter how bad marriage sucks i don't regret it else I wouldn't have my kids.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:08 am
There is such a thing as an off season. I have a buddy who married a real successful bitch that is an oncologist. He's permitted one hour per week to play tennis with me. A half hour into the match she usually interrupts us bitching about the time. He does 3/4 of the childcare, kitchen duty, babysitting etc. He also has to work full time because no woman that successful would want a man who didn't make lots of money as well. He sure as hell is not permitted to travel the world like you do Veritas. She's a very poor Catholic in my opinion and incapable of loving at least when it comes to whichever man is currently serving her in a relationship. We tried to tell him when they were dating that her control freak tendencies were only going to get worse. What amazes me about it is that she's not pretty at all, nor does she care to be.

I think Tom will have no problem finding a more supportive woman who enjoys seeing him play and doesn't need to him to be home all the time. For me it's a good lesson that Victoria Secret Models are not what they seem. I sure don't envy the marriage Tom Brady had. Maybre Tom will start supporting Trump again now that Giselle is out of the picture, and unable to implement her political ideology upon him.

#totallynotacult
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Oct 14, 2022 12:48 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:08 am

#totallynotacult
I can't wait to see Trump win again and watch all the liberal BS about peaceful transition of power and respecting the results of a democratic election do a full 180 from 2020.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri Oct 14, 2022 2:19 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Oct 14, 2022 12:48 pm

#totallynotacult
I can't wait to see Trump win again and watch all the liberal BS about peaceful transition of power and respecting the results of a democratic election do a full 180 from 2020.
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:56 am
I actually love coaching. my daughter. I can't wait till my son is ready to start swinging racquet or throw a football. No matter how bad marriage sucks i don't regret it else I wouldn't have my kids.
Yes, you already told us this. [FR 2, attack against family member removed. -cp-] Again, you never answered the question. What part of those "family values" did you learn from your two religions? Neither Trumpism nor Mormonism teaches men should devote all their time and energy to their vanity projects, especially if it means sacrificing quality time with the children.

It seems you fall into the stereotypical category of today's Republican, in the order of Matt Gaetz and Donald Trump. [FR 2, attack against family member removed. -cp-]