Trump & MTG 2024?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Kishkumen
God

Re: Trump & Marjorie Taylor Greene 2024?

Post by Kishkumen »

One should have thought it would be impossible to find a more potent combination of ignorance, stupidity, and shamelessly aggressive and unprincipled ambition that would somehow still prove irresistible to Republicans than that present in Sarah Palin. I wish we had been right about that.
“The past no longer belongs only to those who once lived it; the past belongs to those who claim it, and are willing to explore it, and to infuse it with meaning for those alive today.”—Margaret Atwood
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

When Trump leaves his Mar-a-Lago compound for his rallies, it is a bit like Smaug exiting the Lonely Mountain to rain fire down over the land. With Greene, it would be like he dropped Godzilla onto the earth to finish off the villagers that escaped incineration. The joint destruction would be a manifestation of their combined instinctual malevolence.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Re: Trump & MTG 2024?

Post by MeDotOrg »

One way to think of it would be as a life insurance policy against assassination. Who would take a shot at Trump knowing the heartbeat away belongs to Marjorie Taylor Greene?
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

MeDotOrg wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:58 pm
One way to think of it would be as a life insurance policy against assassination. Who would take a shot at Trump knowing the heartbeat away belongs to Marjorie Taylor Greene?
Ah, the Spiro Agnew strategy! This would have also worked for Sen. John McCain.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

I've often wondered why the GOP base can't smell all of their party's BS, but I realized it's because they cut off their noses to spite their faces.

Only a complete moron would vote for an imbecile to punish the other side, and yet that's exactly what Trump voters want to do, unless they're stupid enough to believe in the "Trump did a good job" myth.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

I went on a road trip this last weekend, stopped on the highway at a gas station to fill up and use the restroom. In the only available stall, someone had taken a dump on the floor, right next to the toilet. Who would do that? And why?

It strikes me as the perfect metaphor for a Trump voter.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.