Pelosi's Husband Attacked in Home

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Gunnar
God

Re: Pelosi's Husband Attacked in Home

Post by Gunnar »

MeDotOrg wrote:
Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:04 pm
As far as Dirk Gently goes, my favorite part of his Universe was that he invented time travel to go back and watch TV shows he had missed because he couldn't figure out how to program is[sic] VCR.
Minor correction: It was not Dirk Gently who invented time travel or used it to go back and watch TV shows he had missed because he couldn't figure out how to program his VCR. It was the aged Professor Reg. Gently himself was very tech savvy, as was Richard McDuff, one of the other main protagonists in the novel. And that was one my favorite parts too.
Last edited by Gunnar on Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

Res Ipsa, I found that a good article you posted. Sometimes people find it easier to feel an urgent need for change than to really plan what sort of change is best and how to construct that change. It is easier just to attack the present system. At that point phrases like" no happiness until capitalism is gone" can be traded for maga or some other bandwagon.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

huckelberry wrote:
Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:31 pm
Res Ipsa, I found that a good article you posted. Sometimes people find it easier to feel an urgent need for change than to really plan what sort of change is best and how to construct that change. It is easier just to attack the present system. At that point phrases like" no happiness until capitalism is gone" can be traded for maga or some other bandwagon.
Thanks, Huck. I'm glad you found it thought-provoking.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

MeDotOrg wrote:
Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:04 pm
I recommend Eric Hofer's The True Believer. Written in the aftermath of World War II, it discusses the commonalities between extremist movements. The more authoritarian a movement, the closer it is to its counterpart on the other side of the political spectrum. Is North Korea a Communist Nation or a Fascist Nation? It depends on how you look at it. Conversely, extreme libertarians on the left and right have more in common with each other than with the authoritarian branches of their respective ideologies.

As far as Dirk Gently goes, my favorite part of his Universe was that he invented time travel to go back and watch TV shows he had missed because he couldn't figure out how to program is VCR.
Ditto on The True Believer. I think it's quite relevant to what we are observing today.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Nomomo
Priest

Post by Nomomo »

Hawkeye wrote:
Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:51 pm
Nomomo wrote:
Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:12 am
If anyone did not already know that Elon Musk. the richest man in the world. is a gawdamned asshole, they do now.
Paul Pelosi Conspiracy Theory Trends on Twitter After Elon Musk Pushes It

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... 234621217/

Maybe you can kick him off Twitter. Twitter is the place for mainstream political discourse from people like Chris Hayes and the Ayotollah Khomeni. DIsagreement with any of these political leaders should never be tolerated.
Not sure that I get your point, perhaps you can explain what your point is. but in any case aren't you off the topic of my post? Also,..... kick the new owner of Twitter of Twitter? You are not making a lot of sense with that. I seldom, if ever disagree with your posts, but I"m not getting this one.

Surely you must agree that Musk is an asshole for promoting the asinine lie of the Paul Pelosi gay lover attack conspiracy theory. Please tell me that you are no so freaking stupid as to believe that the republican Paul Pelosi gay lover attack conspiracy theory may have any basis in reality.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Nomomo wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:48 am
Hawkeye wrote:
Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:51 pm

Maybe you can kick him off Twitter. Twitter is the place for mainstream political discourse from people like Chris Hayes and the Ayotollah Khomeni. DIsagreement with any of these political leaders should never be tolerated.
Not sure that I get your point, perhaps you can explain what your point is. but in any case aren't you off the topic of my post? Also,..... kick the new owner of Twitter of Twitter? You are not making a lot of sense with that. I seldom, if ever disagree with your posts, but I"m not getting this one.

Surely you must agree that Musk is an asshole for promoting the asinine lie of the Paul Pelosi gay lover attack conspiracy theory. Please tell me that you are no so freaking stupid as to believe that the republican Paul Pelosi gay lover attack conspiracy theory may have any basis in reality.
Man, some people truly are blithering idiots. Kick the owner off his own platform? Ajax, you need to get your head checked. Or not. You’re going to ride this qtard magatrain til you’re dead. Maybe go camping will help. You’ll feel better.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Nomomo
Priest

Post by Nomomo »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:17 pm
Nomomo wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:48 am

Man, some people truly are blithering idiots. Kick the owner off his own platform? Ajax, you need to get your head checked. Or not. You’re going to ride this qtard magatrain til you’re dead. Maybe go camping will help. You’ll feel better.
Doc, now I am confused. (I was quoting Hawkeye) Are Hawkeye and Ajax one and the same? Or was Hawkeye just momentarily being as stupid as Ajax? Or is Hawkeye always as stupid as Ajax? It is a little embarrassing to admit it, but, I guess I do not spend enough time in the forum to know if Hawkeye is also Ajax or if he is only just as stupid as Ajax sometimes.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Nomomo wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:33 pm
Doc, now I am confused. (I was quoting Hawkeye) Are Hawkeye and Ajax one and the same? Or was Hawkeye just momentarily being as stupid as Ajax? Or is Hawkeye always as stupid as Ajax? It is a little embarrassing to admit it, but, I guess I do not spend enough time in the forum to know if Hawkeye is also Ajax or if he is only just as stupid as Ajax sometimes.
Hawkeye was a different poster on the old board. But when we had to move to this one, ajax jumped on the Hawkeye username and created a sock pretending to be a progressive poster. He's stopped attempting to do one man shows and now just posts the same under each for the most part.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Nomomo wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:33 pm
Are Hawkeye and Ajax one and the same?
Yes. And Honor explained the details correctly. For some reason, Shades doesn’t allow new sock puppets to be used, but a poster like Ajax can use multiple old sock puppets because that damned makes sense.

Also, Ajax. You know you’re practicing deceit when you do this. You’re awfully comfortable acting Satanic - perhaps you should meditate over this, and stop presenting as different posters when it’s just you.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

ajax18 wrote:
Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:15 am
Will he be judged as a 2020 BLM summer protester and be granted no cash bail or will he be treated as a Jan. 6 political prisoner?
Here are some BLM rioters being held accountable:

https://www.reuters.com/legal/legalindu ... reddit.com

I’m posting this as a resource for Xanax so he stops claiming BLM rioters were let off scot free by tEh LiBeRaLs.

- Doc