Red Wave

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: Red Wave

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

The problem with people like Xanax is they’d rather vote for a tv personality than, say, someone who studied finance at Albright College, got an MBA from University of Connecticut, a Masters of Public Policy degree from Harvard University, was a Mayor, and finally Lt Gov (Fetterman in case you were wondering). They completely and utterly don’t understand government nor its role in the most complex society history has ever seen. The sooner these dummies stop doom-voting the better.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:50 am
The problem with people like Ajax18 is they’d rather vote for a tv personality than, say, someone who studied finance at Albright College, got an MBA from University of Connecticut, a Masters of Public Policy degree from Harvard University, was a Mayor, and finally Lt Gov (Fetterman in case you were wondering). They completely and utterly don’t understand government nor its role in the most complex society history has ever seen. The sooner these dummies stop doom-voting the better.

- Doc
I recently left Brazil and the reaction down there is very similar after their beloved autocrat Jair Bolsonaro lost reelection to a convicted criminal. They're going absolutely apeshit down there. Several of them told me that if Bolsonaro lost, then they'd be moving to the USA or elsewhere. That got me thinking, maybe we're playing this all wrong. Ajax has already stated he's not even an American, and he refuses to live in a communist country. So maybe instead of trying to educate them on the issues, we should just roll with it and encourage them to leave the country. I mean, that's basically what they've been saying for years to Democrats. You don't like it, you can leave it. The problem is I don't think Ajax would survive anywhere outside the country.

Kidding aside, the whining from Brazil is very much like the whining we're hearing from MAGATARDS here. They act like they just cannot BELIEVE they could lose these elections because they were so certain the rest of the country was just as ignorant and outraged as they are. But here's the thing, Ajax is bitching about the Democrats winning when President's approval rating is low and Brazilians are bitching about a convicted criminal getting elected, when in reality they have no one to blame but themselves because they gave the people a choice between that, or a nutjob autocrat. The people would rather stick with Biden's agenda as opposed to turning it over to the party that just removed reproductive rights from 51% of the population. They'd rather ride out this inflationary period with the party in power because the other guys haven't proposed a single solution to the problem other than propagating the myth that inflation is always low whenever Republicans get elected. As if its just something that happens by magic.
Last edited by Vēritās on Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Vēritās wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:51 am
Loraine Boebert is currently losing by just 75 votes with 95% reporting.

https://www.cnn.com/election/2022/resul ... pped=false
Good riddance, if she loses. I can think of few people more deserving of losing. Donald J. Trump, of course, being at the top of that list.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Gunnar wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:12 am
Vēritās wrote:

Good riddance, if she loses. I can think of few people more deserving of losing. Donald J. Trump, of course, being at the top of that list.
What pisses me off is MTG won again, and it wasn't even close. Georgia truly is a weird state.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

707klg.jpg
707klg.jpg (73.39 KiB) Viewed 292 times
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Vēritās wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:23 am
Hawkeye wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:03 am
It looks like Brazil and Colombia have just about arrived at communism as well. I don't see human beings regaining their freedom until Christ returns.
God you're a rube. Everything you think you know about the outside world comes from the same fake news fake outrage outlets. Brazil is far from Communist, and they reason they elected a guy who was formerly convicted on corruption is because the only alternative was a right wing autocrat who had no original ideas of his own but thought he'd just act like he's the Trump of South America. Deny science whether it be on COVID or the Amazon's deforestation, attack minorities, attack homosexuals, claim voter fraud when he loses, etc.

Lula is a moron but he was President when I moved there in 2004 and the Brazilian currency was at its highest value in decades, the economy was growing at 5%, everything was booming in terms of the economy because he refused to dump spending into useless military jets and instead chose to feed the poor. Child malnutrition in Brazil fell 61.9% between 2003 and 2009 during his tenure, and that's why he got elected again. Because despite all his faults, Lula is quite literally the only politician in the history of Brazil to do ANYTHING for the poor. Most people who are biblically literate would call that Christian, but to you that's "communist."
As you and other participants on this (and other threads) have clearly shown, Hawkeye has a very poor grasp of reality. Thanks so much for your inputs. Imagine that he actually thinks he is a better judge of what is going on in Brazil than you, of all people! Hilarious!
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Hawkeye wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:13 am
Well thanks for the advice. I asked my accountant how much good putting money into an IRA each month was doing for me on taxes and she didn't respond. I envy one of my fellow optometrists who got out in 2017 and brought gold. That was smart and it has paid off for him.
Over 5 years, that's about a 19% return.

Had he kept it in the markets, the return would have been around 30%.

You don't need to envy them. If you've left your 401k untouched, they should be envying you.

ETA: I just checked my 401k return from 2017 to present, out of curiosity. It is 32.37%. I'd rather have that than a 19% return on gold, and the added headaches of custodianship, etc., to maintain the tax advantages.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:05 pm
Hawkeye wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:13 am
Well thanks for the advice. I asked my accountant how much good putting money into an IRA each month was doing for me on taxes and she didn't respond. I envy one of my fellow optometrists who got out in 2017 and brought gold. That was smart and it has paid off for him.
Over 5 years, that's about a 19% return.

Had he kept it in the markets, the return would have been around 30%.

You don't need to envy them. If you've left your 401k untouched, they should be envying you.

ETA: I just checked my 401k return from 2017 to present, out of curiosity. It is 32.37%. I'd rather have that than a 19% return on gold, and the added headaches of custodianship, etc., to maintain the tax advantages.
Ajax is just talking crap. He doesn’t have a buddy who “got out and brought gold”. The only thing anyone needs to know about Ajax and his ilk is that if their lips are moving they’re lying. The only thing that matters to these people is to make crap up and act as if that’s reality. It’s damned bonkers.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:38 pm
Ajax is just talking crap. He doesn’t have a buddy who “got out and brought gold”. The only thing anyone needs to know about Ajax and his ilk is that if their lips are moving they’re lying. The only thing that matters to these people is to make crap up and act as if that’s reality. It’s damned bonkers.

- Doc
It sure seems that way, and that is only becoming more apparent over time, with almost every post he makes. Tragically, he is probably, so far, incapable of admitting that -- even to himself.
Last edited by Gunnar on Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Gunnar wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:12 am
Vēritās wrote:

I wonder how many of her unvaccinated constituents died of Covid, and would otherwise have pushed her over the edge into victory? If you look at her district map, and start tallying covid deaths by county it becomes rather apparent her anti-vaccine strategy may very well be her undoing.

eta: it looks like she might’ve just surpassed her Dem challenger. Crazy considering her redrawn district was redder than the last time she won.

- Doc
Last edited by Doctor CamNC4Me on Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.