The Orangeman Cometh

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

The Orangeman Cometh

Post by MeDotOrg »

It's official:
FOXNEWS wrote:PALM BEACH, Fla. – Former President Donald Trump announced that he is running for the 2024 Republican nomination for president, seeking to stage a dramatic return to the White House after having lost his bid for re-election to Joe Biden in 2020.

Trump, a Republican and the leader of the "Make America Great Again" movement, announced his third presidential bid on Tuesday during a speech at his Mar-a-Lago, Florida, home after having teased a bid since leaving office in 2021.

"In order to Make America Great And Glorious Again, I am tonight announcing my candidacy for president of the United States," Trump said Tuesday evening to a crowd of supporters.
So now we have to wear hats that say MAGAGA?
Last edited by MeDotOrg on Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
canpakes
God

Re: The Orangeman Cometh

Post by canpakes »

Hey, just remember:
“I’ve gone decades … decades without a war … the first President to do it for that long a period.”
- Trump, during his 2024 Presidential campaign announcement
He went decades … decades … without a war.

How are you going to beat his record of going decades without a war?
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

NO.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Nothing quite like screwing the party you're purported to lead.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

What a surreal performance in alternate realities that was! And to see FOX folks gushing about his performance in wake of Rupert Murdoch's refusal to support him in this campaign. Wow, what a case of whiplash!

Trump stands up there emptily boasting over his "amazing achievements" and excoriating (not a word he would know) his enemies for their made-up but surely horrific sins. He did, however, look extremely energized. I think I see what is going on. If you don't care about reality, and you have a poorly hidden lust for vengeance and hatred coupled with a hyper-inflated self image, then this guy looks really appealing. There were points where I could see the Adolf in him. Certain moments were downright chilling.

It is as if he were saying:

"I will lead my people over the freshly killed bodies of our slain enemies, and we will revel in every exquisite moment."

No, he did not say these things directly and out loud, but it was all there around the edges and the consistent subtext. He wants to unify everyone against the Radical Democrats who are seeking to destroy this country and have it bleeding out at this very moment, unless Trump and his minions--presumably maniacal Roger Stone types--are given free rein to lay waste to the existential threat of Biden and co.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

canpakes wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:59 am
Hey, just remember:
“I’ve gone decades … decades without a war … the first President to do it for that long a period.”
- Trump, during his 2024 Presidential campaign announcement
He went decades … decades … without a war.

How are you going to beat his record of going decades without a war?
The headlines are killing me.
"Trump says he went decades without war while he was in office for four years...."

Snl is definitely using this one.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Marcus wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 4:27 pm
"Trump says he went decades without war while he was in office for four years...."
He has a note from a doctor from the 70s to prove it.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

honorentheos wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 4:56 pm
Marcus wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 4:27 pm

Exactly. Apparently, he was referring to his draft dodging. : D
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

canpakes wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:28 pm
honorentheos wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 4:56 pm

Exactly. Apparently, he was referring to his draft dodging. : D
You'd think by now people would know everything he says is just about him. But apparently people still believe he is using their donations for their interests, or his office holding is for some other cause than his own profiteering. Some people CAN apparently be fooled all of the time...
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by MeDotOrg »

The New York Post gave an Onion-like response to the announcement:

Yeah, right there on the bottom banner...then go to page 26. Well done.
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land