Two paths

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
doubtingthomas
God

Re: Two paths

Post by doubtingthomas »

Chap wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:33 pm
Because many people* feel more comfortable with a partner who is likely to understand their approach to life, and can relate to them on equal terms.

*To save time, please note that I did not say "all people".
Right, but "highly educated men may date women with less academic experience"
https://blogs.pugetsound.edu/econ/2020/ ... find-love/

The majority of attractive and highly educated women won't date a man with less academic experience. It's probably easier to attract an LDS girl in her early 20s than it is to attract an educated average-looking woman in her 30s or late 20s. On dating apps, 80% of guys are not attractive to women. https://www.yourtango.com/2016285828/wo ... razy-study

Why is Marcus accusing me of treating women like objects?
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:48 pm
Hawkeye wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:49 pm
I'd also say to stop listening to these nitwits who seem to think you're a degenerate oddball because you have women troubles. Your case is not at all uncommon for men.
You are right, I wonder if they are simply trolling. They probably enjoy trying to make me feel bad.
Marcus wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:51 am
…The Red Pill terminology grew in male supremacist forums and was adopted more broadly by far-right and white supremacist groups to describe their own versions of awakenings, conspiracist worldviews that often overlaps with male supremacist positions, such as antifeminism.
I am not a far-right conspiracy theorist and I do not agree with the Red Pill movement.
Marcus wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:51 am
The bolded part below describes virtually every thread you start here:
You mean the diabetes threads? :roll:
How many threads about relationships have I started this year?
Gadianton wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:27 pm
Because 2-income earners are now setting house prices, and a man making less money might mean she pays him alimony.
:lol: That's an interesting theory.
Normal people are defending me.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Hawkeye wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:49 pm
Listen to these. It might help you feel better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXyxFMbqKYA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMSIR210mRg
Thanks.
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:07 pm
The majority of attractive and highly educated women won't date a man with less academic experience.
Yup. No surprise to me. Who would want to spend their lives with someone whose male ego (such a delicate little thing) was always on the lookout for a chance to resent being treated as his partner's inferior?
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Chap wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:53 pm
Yup. No surprise to me. Who would want to spend their lives with someone whose male ego (such a delicate little thing) was always on the lookout for a chance to resent being treated as his partner's inferior?
Does that explain this?
https://www.yourtango.com/2016285828/wo ... razy-study

I would enjoy dating an attractive (or an average-looking) woman with more academic accomplishments than me, but I probably have better odds of winning the lottery.

Anyways, Marcus shouldn't be accusing me of treating women like objects, would you agree?
Last edited by doubtingthomas on Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by MeDotOrg »

Garcia / Lesh / Hunter / Weir wrote:Most of the cats that you meet on the street speak of true love
Most of the time, they're sittin' and cryin' at home
One of these days they know they better be goin'
Out of the door and down to the street all alone
You have so little experience in relationships, but so many expectations as to what will happen and how it will turn out. It's like you have calcified into looking for a specific relationship type that is defined by your expectations, but not by experiential reality. Understand that the very fact of being in a relationship could change your ideas and expectations about relationships.
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:07 pm
…It's probably easier to attract an LDS girl in her early 20s than it is to attract an educated average-looking woman in her 30s or late 20s….
Now you’re just trolling.
doubtingthomas wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:44 am
…It wouldn't be easy to attract single moms in their early 20s when you are in your late twenties or 30s. However, it would be much easier to attract a Mexican mom than it would be to attract an educated career woman in her 30s who is beautiful. Attractive and educated 30 year olds usually have impossible standards.
And the response remains the same.
Marcus wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:55 am
Women are not things to acquire but you continue to post as though they are. Your sexism is disgusting, as usual.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Marcus wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:50 pm
Now you’re just trolling.
It's true, as I explained in the opening post.

Chap agrees that "the majority of attractive (or average-looking) and highly educated women won't date a man with less academic experience." He said, "Yup. No surprise to me." On dating apps, 80% of guys are unattractive to women, I suspect about 95% of men are unattractive to educated women.
https://www.yourtango.com/2016285828/wo ... razy-study

If anything, it's educated women in their 30s or late 20s who treat me like an object. My academic achievements and income matter more than my personality.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

“Women” aren’t treating you like anything.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Marcus wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:50 pm
Women are not things to acquire but you continue to post as though they are. Your sexism is disgusting, as usual.
I don't treat women like objects. To me, academic achievements don't define a person.