Two paths

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
doubtingthomas
God

Re: Two paths

Post by doubtingthomas »

Hawkeye wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:23 pm
Now if you think the above are just the foolish imaginations of a crazy man, I'd suggest that no relationship at all might be the happier choice for you.
You may be right! I sometimes wish I could simply upload my mind to a computer. I am trying to be happy without having great friends.
doubtingthomas wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:04 am

How would you define the word marriage? You could say I was once married not long ago. I had stepson, I loved it him very much at the time.
Just for the record.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Father Francis wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:59 am

I was going through a divorce and living in my mother's basement with my children when I met the woman I am married to now. She's ten years younger than I am and "way out of my league". I don't bring that up to brag, but to make a point. I didn't marry her for her age or looks. I
I wish more people would think the same way.

Is your wife a very educated career woman?
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Chap wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:47 pm
True, that.
Attractive and educated women are not very picky? Why do you think attractive and educated single women in their 30s are single?

I suspect it is a lot easier to attract women in the UK.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

ajax18 wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:58 pm
canpakes wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:25 pm
ajax, how do you suppose that your afterlife marriage will differ, such that you’ll be ‘redeemed and compensated for (your) suffering’? What does that look like for your partner and yourself, and your interaction?
It looks like imperfect people. What do car wrecks, lawsuits, crappy bossrs, and spoiled kids look like? I'm grateful for my faith. It gives me a why to overcome the how.
Right, imperfect people.

With that, what is it about passing through the veil that you envision causes this union between two imperfect and essentially same-as-mortal individuals to morph into a perfected marriage in the afterlife?
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:14 am
Chap wrote:
True, that.
Attractive and educated women are not very picky? Why do you think attractive and educated single women in their 30s are single?

I suspect it is a lot easier to attract women in the UK.

Just for others - you are of course concealing the post to which I was replying:
Chap wrote:
Marcus wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:55 am
Women are not things to acquire but you continue to post as though they are.
True, that.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:14 am
Chap wrote:
True, that.
Attractive and educated women are not very picky?
Women don't have to be picky to not want to be treated like possessions. Not wanting to be objectified is pretty much a baseline female desire for any woman with self-respect.

I don't know how old you are, what you do, what you look like, or how you converse, but I can certainly understand from just your posts why you have a hard time with women. It's damned obvious to anyone reading what you have to say.

I would pity you if I thought you actually tried to do something about your problems, but people here have offered you great advice, and you actively ignore it. You deserve the love life you've got.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Some Schmo wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:19 pm
Women don't have to be picky to not want to be treated like possessions. Not wanting to be objectified is pretty much a baseline female desire for any woman with self-respect.
Women have higher dating standards than men. When it comes to online dating, 80% of guys are unattractive to women. It's probably around 70% in the real world. https://www.yourtango.com/2016285828/wo ... razy-study

Women are too picky nowadays.
Last edited by doubtingthomas on Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:11 pm
Some Schmo wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:19 pm
Women have higher dating standards than men. When it comes to online dating, 80% of guys are unattractive to women. It's probably around 70% in the real world. http://blog.okcupid.com/index.php/your- ... ne-dating/

Women are too picky nowadays.
Lol. Yes. It’s a woman problem. :roll:
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:32 pm

Sure, when they Hit the Wall. It's men who get the last laugh.

"She Hit The Wall HARD And Won’t Accept It!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJGug-XNq3Q

About half of all working age women are projected to be single by 2030.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:38 am
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:32 pm

Sure, when they Hit the Wall. It's men who get the last laugh.

"She Hit The Wall HARD And Won’t Accept It!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJGug-XNq3Q

About half of all working age women are projected to be single by 2030.
A link to more redpill crap. Our resident sexist has been hitting the Manosphere again…
The manosphere is a collection of websites, blogs, and online forums promoting masculinity, misogyny, and opposition to feminism….A central tenet is the concept of the red pill, a metaphor borrowed from the film The Matrix. It concerns awakening men to the supposed reality that society is dominated by feminism and biased against men.

Manospherians believe that feminists and political correctness obscure this reality, and that men are victims who must fight to protect themselves. Accepting the manosphere's ideology is equated with "taking the red pill"… Such terminology originated on the antifeminist subreddit /r/TheRedPill and was later taken up by men's rights and MGTOW sites.

… "The Red Pill represents a new phase in online misogyny. Its members not only mock and belittle women; they also believe that in our society, men are oppressed by women."