Two paths

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Some Schmo
God

Re: Two paths

Post by Some Schmo »

honorentheos wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:07 pm
There's the deception central to #2. But I think that pales compared to the objectification that further views a woman having a kid as making her more vulnerable. But hey. We don't talk about fight club.
The whole post smacked of objectification. It's what he does. I don't think DT has an alternative way to view women.

I just thought that clear self-deception was hilarious, but there were several things about that post that made me think, "What a maroon. If these posts reflect who he really is, he's doomed to an incel life."

Women are usually incredibly easy to get to know, because most of them love to talk. All you have to do is show a genuine interest (in their brains, not their bodies), listen to them, and they'll likely be interested in you. But that seems to be too much work for some guys.

I agree with Cam. DT should see if he can raise a plant.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

dt,

your post feels more like something you're throwing at our faces - "this is what you guys get" - than something you're really planning. I feel like what you're saying is that if we can't provide you a liberal-endorsed program for finding a girlfriend who meets your physical requirements for a sustained sexual fantasy, then you're going to have teach everyone a lesson by going out there and using someone.

I say go for it. Try both. Where I might differ from a lot of people is that I don't think people in general hook up for admirable reasons. Where you might get flack on the Internet for spelling out a path of semi-usury to obtain sex, you're intellectual about the topic, where a lot of people out there would just execute on the plan instinctively. In other words, if you didn't come here laying bare a plot to obtain a desperate but hot young Latino mom, and instead just went out and did it, and then showed up on a forum mentioning you were married to a woman a lot younger with different culture and had a child, but she's the love of your life, then people are going to be like, oh wow, could be a tough but good luck and hope things work out.

Such an individual revealing something like this I'd probably be skeptical toward and figure was implicitly doing what you describe. But, I don't think such an individual is all that different from the perfect BYU couple. Two attractive people at the Lord's University hooking up have a great supporting narrative but it might be nothing more than the guy is super horny; just because a guy has great social skills and looks doesn't mean he really loves the person. His reasoning underneath the surface could be all hormones but he's got a witness of the spirit and everything to back it up. Fast forward a few years and it's a roll of the dice on happiness. If he came on this forum and said he's going to say the spirit confirmed his wondrous feelings in order to more quickly get sex access to this girl who is super attractive we'd be like, "you jerk!". But, if he came to this forum and said the spirit confirmed his wondrous feelings in apparent sincerity, I wouldn't believe it for a second, I know he's just lying to himself in order to more quickly get sex access. My first F&T at BYU was ludicrous. It went over by at least a half hour with a traffic jam on the stand created by fellow Freshmen fighting to get their two minutes in to impress the opposite sex with over-the-top knowledge of the gospel's truth. Take away the hormones, and the F&T would have lasted ten minutes.

I watched this movie called "The Piano" a long time ago, it was a chick flick and was the idea of the girl I was with so I'm covered. It's f'd up. The guy explicitly uses the desperate circumstances of this woman for sex and is terrifyingly evil. The woman is a victim, but at the same time, she's got her own set of obsessions and narrow life objectives. They end up together and in apparently in love, but there's room for interpretation there. The girl I was with thought it was the greatest love story ever, so I'm covered. The point of the story seemed to be that both had to learn hard lessons.

You can't use a young Latino mom without her using you right back for the material support. So I don't see why you'd shouldn't try it. It won't be what you're hoping for; even the greatest Chad RM at BYU has no guarantees that his eternal spouse will stay attractive to his standards and always match his constant libido. In order to get a few minutes of what you want from mom, you're going to be spending hours and hours with that kid, and as time goes on, her claim on your money increases and you'll end up lowering expectations. I'm guessing you exceed the 1-dimensional personality you present on this board in real life, and so what if she or the kid has medical problems, or family problems, or the kid has issues at school? Real life problems can explode, and you may find yourself so worried about all these other responsibilities you have now that you barely care if you get sex. That might make it fail but it might make it work.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Some Schmo wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:59 am
honorentheos wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:07 pm
There's the deception central to #2. But I think that pales compared to the objectification that further views a woman having a kid as making her more vulnerable. But hey. We don't talk about fight club.
The whole post smacked of objectification. It's what he does. I don't think DT has an alternative way to view women.
For sure.
Father Francis
Bishop

Post by Father Francis »

honorentheos wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:42 am
Some Schmo wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:59 am
For sure.
I think there's some self loathing in there too. Pontificating on the easiness of single young Latino mothers doesn't show self-confidence to me.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Father Francis wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 4:34 am
honorentheos wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:42 am
For sure.
I think there's some self loathing in there too. Pontificating on the easiness of single young Latino mothers doesn't show self-confidence to me.
That's probably also fair.
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by MeDotOrg »

There is a third possible path: Start your own Church that worships young Mexican women. Sort of a Virgin of Guadalupe Fan Club.
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:48 pm
That's what happens when someone doesn't have many good friends who are not LDS. I think the people who go back to the Church do it for the need of belonging to a community.
In order to understand your position better, please clarify:

Whose fault is it that you're not getting laid?

A. Society's
B. Yours
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Relationships suck. I'm grateful to have my kids but honestly if I didn't believe in eternity or the gospel as most of you don't I'd steer clear of women. I wouldn't even recommend whoremongering. It's not worth it. Enjoy your freedom and your time to pursue your hobbies and passions. When you get in a relationship your life is not your own anymore. And with the advent of no fault divorce marriage is no more of a committment than cohabitation. Count your blessings. Relationships with even the prettiest women (on the surface) are often miserable as evidenced by the fact that 70% if them don't last.

Your idea of finding a latter day saint woman to marry is opening you up to a real shitstorm and would be a terrible mistake as a nonbeliever. I can tell you right now that you have a much better chance of finding an attractive women outside the lds church than within it. That anyone who doesn't believe in the lds church would look to find a mate who is an active believing TBM is just downright crazy. You're not going to find that and if you do, you're going to wish you didn't.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

ajax18 wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:07 pm
Relationships suck. I'm grateful to have my kids but honestly if I didn't believe in eternity or the gospel as most of you don't I'd steer clear of women. I wouldn't even recommend whoremongering. It's not worth it. Enjoy your freedom and your time to pursue your hobbies and passions. When you get in a relationship your life is not your own anymore. And with the advent of no fault divorce marriage is no more of a committment than cohabitation. Count your blessings. Relationships with even the prettiest women (on the surface) are often miserable as evidenced by the fact that 70% if them don't last.

Your idea of finding a latter day saint woman to marry is opening you up to a real shitstorm and would be a terrible mistake as a nonbeliever. I can tell you right now that you have a much better chance of finding an attractive women outside the lds church than within it. That anyone who doesn't believe in the lds church would look to find a mate who is an active believing TBM is just downright crazy. You're not going to find that and if you do, you're going to wish you didn't.
What went sideways in your marriage?

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:14 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:07 pm

What went sideways in your marriage?

- Doc
I'm not going to talk about my marriage. But I will talk about dating and Mormonism, what I've seen of this world and the dating scene. More often than not, relationships are worse than being single, at least in this world. It makes me wonder if divorce exists in the Celestial kingdom.

The BYU dating market is something I wouldn't wish on any man. I found southern protestant women far more attractive and more reasonable in their expectations. But I'm a TBM so that didn't work. This is why the idea of believing in Mormonism ro gain access to a decent looking nice woman seems so crazy to me.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.