Two paths

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
doubtingthomas
God

Re: Two paths

Post by doubtingthomas »

Marcus wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:07 am
That’s the irony. Repeatedly posting sexist comments has earned the poster a reputation as one who posts sexist comments
:roll:

Nah. No sane person here thinks I am making sexist comments, but you can keep repeating it. It's called the Illusory truth effect.

Your need of repeating the same thing over and over shows your lack of confidence, Professor.
Marcus wrote:
would agree more with the person who posted that DT’s comments sound like he is hurt and afraid if this wasn’t a multiple years long pattern we are observing.
Patterns that don't exists, it's all in your mind.

The only pattern is this one

https://www.yourtango.com/2016285828/wo ... razy-study

Of course, if I had a girlfriend I wouldn't be posting here.
Last edited by doubtingthomas on Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:21 am
Marcus wrote:
That’s the irony. Repeatedly posting sexist comments has earned the poster a reputation as one who posts sexist comments
Nah. No sane person here thinks I am making sexist comments, but you can keep repeating it. It's called the Illusory truth effect.

Nobody is taking you seriously, Professor.
Marcus wrote:
would agree more with the person who posted that DT’s comments sound like he is hurt and afraid if this wasn’t a multiple years long pattern we are observing.
Patterns that don't exists, it's all in your mind.

The only pattern is this one

http://blog.okcupid.com/index.php/your- ... ne-dating/

Of course, if I had a girlfriend I wouldn't be posting here.
following up with yet another link from your sexist collection is only making the point further.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Marcus wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:37 am

following up with yet another link from your sexist collection is only making the point further.
How is this sexist?

Facts are not sexist.

But okay, everything is sexist. My username is sexist.

Jesus Christ. No wonder why a lot of people make fun of modern day feminists. :lol:
Last edited by doubtingthomas on Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Marcus wrote:

Have fun ridiculing my feelings. I know, it's been like this for years, but not my fault.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:05 am
Marcus wrote:

How is this sexist?

http://blog.okcupid.com/index.php/your- ... ne-dating/

Facts are not sexist.

But okay, everything is sexist. My username is sexist.

Jesus Christ. No wonder why a lot of people make fun of modern day feminists. :lol:
doubtingthomas wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:10 am
Marcus wrote:

Have fun ridiculing my feelings. I know, it's been like this for years, but not my fault.
A little raw around the edges, but still, the quote below is a pretty solid response to the above link, with regard to those who talk about women as things to acquire:
…Old men who fixate on twenty-somethings are the damned worst. I don't know if they realize this, but us young women know damn well that they don't want us because they like us as a full -fledged human, they want us as a sex doll who talks…
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Marcus wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:32 am

A little raw around the edges, but still, the quote below is a pretty solid response to the above link
It's the wrong link. Here's the link I wanted to share.

doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Marcus wrote:
A little raw around the edges, but still, the quote below is a pretty solid response to the above link, with regard to those who talk about women as things to acquire:

…Old men who fixate on twenty-somethings are the damned worst.
Why are career women fixated on status? The majority of educated and attractive women are hypergamous. In other words, career women never consider someone who makes less than them.

Women are free to choose, isn't that right?
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:31 pm
Why are career [people] fixated on status?
The clue is in the name: a career person is someone who considers it very important to win progression in their career path. So, by definition, a "career person' will think about status a lot. It's not that hard, surely?
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:31 pm
Marcus wrote:

…Old men who fixate on twenty-somethings are the damned worst.
Why are career women fixated on status? The majority of educated and attractive women are hypergamous. In other words, career women never consider someone who makes less than them.

Women are free to choose, isn't that right?
Stop bringing your redpill-type nonsense here.
The major contemporary secular male supremacist movements—PUAs, men’s rights activists, The Red Pill, and Men Going Their Own Way (MGTOW)—all use this [redpill] terminology to describe their “realization” that men do not hold systemic power or privilege. Instead, they awaken to the “truth” that socially, economically, and sexually men are at the whims of women’s (and feminists’) power and desires.

…The Red Pill terminology grew in male supremacist forums and was adopted more broadly by far-right and white supremacist groups to describe their own versions of awakenings, conspiracist worldviews that often overlaps with male supremacist positions, such as antifeminism.

…Beginning around 2016, misogynist incel forums began to shift from a Red Pill to an increasing “Black Pill” mentality. This belief system accepts the Red Pill view of society dominated by women but rejects individual-level attempts such as learning game to achieve a sexual relationship with women as misguided, asserting that only change at a societal level has the possibility to be effective….

misogynist incels and male supremacism
And for some actual science:
The End of Hypergamy: Global Trends and Implications

The evidence suggests that young people adapt to new demographic realities by increasingly forming unions in which wives have the educational advantage, leading to substantial declines in the historical hypergamic pattern. Across a range of different contexts (e.g. United States, France, India, South Korea, Kenya), the norms governing marriage markets have proven flexible enough to accommodate the increasing numbers of highly educated women and, as consequence, the numbers of women marrying down has increased steadily.

This work has gone one step beyond marriage markets’ responses to the expansion of women’s education to review evidence on how the new majority of couples in which women retain the educational dominance is transforming couples on dimensions like women’s contribution to household income or union stability. Data for Europe has shown that wives with more education that their husbands are more likely to be the main breadwinner of the family. With respect to marital outcomes, as wives have more education or out-earn their husbands, the association between wives’ educational or income advantage has declined, which reinforces the adaptive nature of couples to the changing realities of marriage markets. The reversal of the gender gap in education is also associated with more gender egalitarian attitudes. Countries in which women have more education relative to men are also those that are more tolerant and less worried about the “harmful” side effects of women’s earnings on their families’ well-being.

In a macro perspective, we have shown that the reversal of the gender gap in education is associated with change in couple relationship patterns and outcomes. These patterns may also be associated with greater gender equality…

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5421994/
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

It’s settled then. DT must convert to Islam, and find his way to the Middle East (or Indonesia in a pinch).

🇮🇩 + 🧕 = true 💕

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.