Two paths

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
doubtingthomas
God

Re: Two paths

Post by doubtingthomas »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:12 pm
One of my friends is solidly in that latter category. He’s pretty much a mess. He’s always in debt, borrowing money. He’s constantly sleeping on whoever’s couch will allow it. This isn’t from a lack of income -- his fellow bandmates have beautiful homes, money to throw at passion projects, etc. (each of them makes a solid 6-figure income, and from their beginnings 20 years ago, they have always done exceptionally well). He’s also not conventionally attractive, is overweight, and is extremely eccentric.
Is he very charismatic and funny? What part of the country is he from?
Doctor Steuss wrote:
Being stereotyped into a monolithic group of “x want y,” and “b need c” usually sucks.
It sucks, but I am not making stuff up. A lot of women of a higher status ghosted me on dating apps. I am attractive enough for them to swipe right on me, but it is probably not a coincidence that I get ghosted after they learn I am not at their level. They make me feel like a second class citizen.

"Tinder Experiment Proves How Brutal it is For Average Guys"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35fiNZTVVtU

"Tinder Experiment: 18 year Old Woman Tries Being A Man!!!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZTIbHIsIYw

Marcus wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:13 pm
Thank you for your post.
This.
"Tinder Experiment Proves How Brutal it is For Average Guys"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35fiNZTVVtU
Res Ipsa wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:33 pm
Wise words, Steuss. DT, read the post 1x per day until you understand it — not intellectually, but deep in your gut.
I am trying, but at the same time no one understands my point of view.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Vēritās wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:17 pm
White, single, well overweight mothers who are dealing with kids their fathers abandoned, finding it economically easier for them to just marry a Mexican guy who is going to work every week and support the family. That happens a hell of a lot more than some latina hottie hooking up with much older rich white guy.
Mexicans are very diverse, are you talking about Hispanics (US citizens) or Mexicans born and raised in Mexico?

Most Mexican single moms probably think that marrying a rich white guy is a too good to be true fantasy, and I don't most rich white guys want to marry single moms.

Hispanic women are far more likely than white women to be in an interracial marriage.
https://www.pewresearch.org/social-tren ... age-01-09/
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
As Gad illustrated with his friend, there’s ultimately someone for everyone.
It's not mathematically possible, unless men ages 18-33 date women over 40.
https://datepsychology.com/how-have-rel ... ten-years/

And a lot of men will never be in a relationship with a woman under 40, especially men who have an intellectual disability, or are Asian, or are too short and obese.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
So, to an extent, it’s a numbers game of him

It makes sense.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:53 am
So, please tell us: Are there, or are there not, generalized categories of women to whom you are flat-out NOT attracted, just the same way educated career women statistically won't be attracted to you? If so, how is that any more or less fair than what you've been complaining about here? And do the women in your deal-breaker category have just as much of a right to be resentful as you? If so, is that rational or irrational?
1. If a very unattractive woman really wanted to go on a date with me, I wouldn't say no.

2. I don't ghost women after swiping right on them.

3. I don't have impossible standards and I don't plan to lower my standards when I get older.

4. Don't women complain a lot about the men who want younger super models?

5. I am not complaining, I am just explaining how things are.
Last edited by doubtingthomas on Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:33 pm
Wise words, Steuss. DT, read the post 1x per day until you understand it — not intellectually, but deep in your gut.
Hawkeye
2nd Counselor

Post by Hawkeye »

5. I am not complaining, I am just explaining how things are.
Good luck with that. Women don't like you pointing out their own hypocrisies. And it does not good to prove they have double standards. You might as well be talking to a brick wall.

Doubting Thomas have you learned to speak spanish yet? It looks to me like it's all there waiting for you south of the border or even in the barrio right here in the US. And you're a liberal as well, which most mejicanas like. What's holding you back?
The best part about this is waiting four years to see how all the crazy apocalyptic predictions made by the fear mongering idiots in Right Wing media turned out to be painfully wrong...Gasoline would hit $10/gallon. Hyperinflation would ensue.
Veritas
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:37 pm
It sucks, but I am not making stuff up. A lot of women of a higher status ghosted me on dating apps. I am attractive enough for them to swipe right on me, but it is probably not a coincidence that I get ghosted after they learn I am not at their level. They make me feel like a second class citizen.
Stop looking at it that way. By ghosting you, they just saved you a lot of time and money. Be thankful to them for weeding themselves out, thereby getting you that much closer to meeting Ms. Right.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Hawkeye wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:05 am
Women don't like you pointing out their own hypocrisies. And it does not good to prove they have double standards. You might as well be talking to a brick wall.
Men, of course, react quite differently to being told that they are hypocrites with double standards. I mean, it's like "Thanks Buddy! I needed to hear that!".
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:21 am
doubtingthomas wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:37 pm
Stop looking at it that way. By ghosting you, they just saved you a lot of time and money. Be thankful to them for weeding themselves out, thereby getting you that much closer to meeting Ms. Right.
So good to have cell phones and texts nowadays. When I was dating you were never sure if she was purposely not responding or she didn't get the message.

But yeah the ones who were honest enough to clearly state they weren't interested I really appreciated. It saved me a lot of time and money.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.