Two paths

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
doubtingthomas
God

Re: Two paths

Post by doubtingthomas »

Marcus wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:04 am
A link to more redpill crap. Our resident sexist has been hitting the Manosphere again…
:lol: I honestly don't agree with much of the Red Pill or the Manosphere.

The video is more for entertainment purposes, not educational.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:11 pm
Women have higher dating standards than men. When it comes to online dating, 80% of guys are unattractive to women. It's probably around 70% in the real world. https://www.yourtango.com/2016285828/wo ... razy-study
The above is generally true. A lot of women are very picky until they hit the wall.
Last edited by doubtingthomas on Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:15 am
doubtingthomas wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:11 pm
Women have higher dating standards than men. When it comes to online dating, 80% of guys are unattractive to women. It's probably around 70% in the real world. http://blog.okcupid.com/index.php/your- ... ne-dating/
The above is generally true. A lot of women are very picky until they hit the wall.
Marcus wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:55 am

Women are not things to acquire but you continue to post as though they are.

Your sexism is disgusting, as usual.
Father Francis
Bishop

Post by Father Francis »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:04 am

Is your wife a very educated career woman?
No, and that has nothing to do with how she and I feel about each other. She actually provided me and my children with a lot of financial support when we first started dating. I was taking prereqs for nursing school when we met and was only able to work part time for the first few years of our relationship. I did briefly date another girl before we got together. She was closer to my age and was also going into nursing. She was pretty and we had decent intellectual conversations. On paper it made sense, but I didn't feel a real connection with her. Then there's the fact that her favorite show was the Big Bang Theory. As an actual nerd, that show offends me.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Father Francis wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:48 am
No, and that has nothing to do with how she and I feel about each other. She actually provided me and my children with a lot of financial support when we first started dating.
That's very impressive, do you feel very lucky? I don't think that happens to most men who struggle financially.
Father Francis wrote:
She was closer to my age and was also going into nursing. She was pretty and we had decent intellectual conversations. On paper it made sense, but I didn't feel a real connection with her. Then there's the fact that her favorite show was the Big Bang Theory. As an actual nerd, that show offends me.
And were you LDS at the time? You lived in Utah correct?

By the way, what do you think of all these guys here who are assuming that I must be some kind of a sexist jerk?
Father Francis
Bishop

Post by Father Francis »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:41 am
Father Francis wrote:
No, and that has nothing to do with how she and I feel about each other. She actually provided me and my children with a lot of financial support when we first started dating.
That's very impressive, do you feel very lucky? I don't think that happens to most men who struggle financially.
Father Francis wrote:
She was closer to my age and was also going into nursing. She was pretty and we had decent intellectual conversations. On paper it made sense, but I didn't feel a real connection with her. Then there's the fact that her favorite show was the Big Bang Theory. As an actual nerd, that show offends me.
And were you LDS at the time? You lived in Utah correct?

By the way, what do you think of all these guys here who are assuming that I must be some kind of a sexist jerk?
The financial support is certainly a rarity. I do feel lucky. However I doubt that type of personal connection is so rare. At this point I've developed my nursing career and am able to pay all the bills which leaves her free to spend her money as she wishes. She spends a lot of it on her other family members and friends. She's always thinking of others. I still feel as happy as if I won the lottery just to be able to spend my life with her.

I do live in Utah. I was not LDS at the time. I left the church when I was 17. I thought she was before we started dating, which is one of the reasons I didn't ask her out. Turns out she went to church to appease her inactive LDS parents and had no real interest in the church.

As far as what I think of what people here think of you? That's complicated and I tend to write too much, though I tend to speak too little. All I can see is an online persona. I have no idea what you're actually like. From what you've written here you seem to be lonely and hurt. If this is true, then it would explain some of the problematic postings here. In the last few years of my first marriage I was lonely and hurt. I imagined leaving my wife for an attractive Japanese woman. I was sure that was what I was going to end up doing. It didn't help that I was practicing two Japanese martial arts at the time and had met men that did exactly that. I was never really good at martial arts. I wasn't terrible either, but it did teach me humility and gave me the ability to accept criticism. Culinary school gave me the same thing. A sensei or chef giving you a harsh critique is a good cure for a thin skin and overinflated ego. I came to realize that specific expectations of marrying an attractive, intelligent Japanese woman made no sense. I came to the decision that I was fine on my own and if I met someone then that would be great too.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

doubtingthomas wrote:
… all these guys here who are assuming that I must be some kind of a sexist jerk?
What have you posted that wouldn’t give the impression you’re sexist?

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:34 pm

- Doc
That's shifting the burden of proof.

Just because I am currently single doesn't mean I am sexist.

The idea that all single men are sexist and lazy is a very nasty stereotype.
Last edited by doubtingthomas on Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Father Francis wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:28 am
I wasn't terrible either, but it did teach me humility and gave me the ability to accept criticism. Culinary school gave me the same thing. A sensei or chef giving you a harsh critique is a good cure for a thin skin and overinflated ego.
I don't mind criticism, I'll embrace it if it's valid.
Father Francis wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:28 am
I came to realize that specific expectations of marrying an attractive, intelligent Japanese woman made no sense. I came to the decision that I was fine on my own and if I met someone then that would be great too.
True. I might have to go my own way.

I wish I could just upload my mind to a computer.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:34 pm
doubtingthomas wrote:
… all these guys here who are assuming that I must be some kind of a sexist jerk?

- Doc
That’s the irony. Repeatedly posting sexist comments has earned the poster a reputation as one who posts sexist comments. No one has to assume anything to come to that conclusion, and no one is assuming he is sexist because he is single. I would agree more with the person who posted that DT’s comments sound like he is hurt and afraid if this wasn’t a multiple years long pattern we are observing.