Two paths

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
doubtingthomas
God

Two paths

Post by doubtingthomas »

I see two paths for me to develop a healthy, mutually fulfilling and respectful relationship with someone.

1. Mexican women. It shouldn't be hard to attract Mexican girls in their early 20s, especially single moms.

2. Or I can attract women my age by simply going to church. I suspect there's a very large gender gap among LDS singles who are around my age, so it shouldn't be very hard to attract a beautiful LDS woman. There's a good Mormon dating app out there, I'll just lie about my true feelings toward the LDS church.
https://universe.byu.edu/2015/10/20/rat ... than-men1/

That's what happens when someone doesn't have many good friends who are not LDS. I think the people who go back to the Church do it for the need of belonging to a community.
Last edited by doubtingthomas on Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
honorentheos
God

Re: Two paths

Post by honorentheos »

What about changing the first sentence to, "I see X paths for me to develop a healthy, mutually fulfilling and respectful relationship with someone."

What does that do to what follows?
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Are you Hispanic, DT?

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

honorentheos wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:51 pm
Done. Why do you assume I don't want that?
Last edited by doubtingthomas on Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:53 pm
Are you Hispanic, DT?
No. Mexican girls love white guys.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

doubtingthomas wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:54 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Are you Hispanic, DT?
No. Mexican girls love white guys.
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:48 pm
I see two paths for me to develop a healthy, mutually fulfilling and respectful relationship with someone.

1. Mexican women. It shouldn't be hard to attract Mexican girls in their early 20s, especially single moms.

2. Or I can attract women my age by simply going to church. I suspect there's a very large gender gap among LDS singles who are around my age, so it shouldn't be very hard to attract a beautiful LDS woman. There's a good Mormon dating app out there, I'll just lie about my true feelings toward the LDS church.

That's what happens when someone doesn't have many good friends who are not LDS. I think the people who go back to the Church do it for the need of belonging to a community.
LOL

Yes, you are destined for a healthy, mutually fulfilling and respectful relationship if you just lie about your true feelings toward the LDS church. If you ignore the contradiction, what could possibly go wrong?

Ahhh... “F”, that's funny.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

doubtingthomas wrote:
honorentheos wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:51 pm
Done. Why do you assume I don't want that?
You forgot to then rethink what follows if you reframed.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Some Schmo wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:26 pm
doubtingthomas wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:48 pm

LOL

Yes, you are destined for a healthy, mutually fulfilling and respectful relationship if you just lie about your true feelings toward the LDS church. If you ignore the contradiction, what could possibly go wrong?

Ahhh... “F”, that's funny.
There's the deception central to #2. But I think that pales compared to the objectification that further views a woman having a kid as making her more vulnerable. But hey. We don't talk about fight club.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

It’s a shame when people view relationships as transactional. I think Marcus nailed it when they called DT out for viewing women as things you can get. If I were DT I’d work on my ability to simply relate to people in a friendly manner, hence the suggestion to join a gaming group. I have another recommendation DT:

Buy a pot or two, some soil, and some seeds. Nurture the seeds into full grown house plants of some sort. Then take care of the plants for a couple of years. When you can care for a plant, look at rescuing a puppy, and do the same. Raise the puppy into a well-behaved companion that is loved and not abused or neglected. If, after a couple of years you keep both the plant and animal alive and thriving, perhaps you’ll be ready for a satisfying intimate relationship with another human being.

- Doc