Happy Thanksgiving Day Everyone!

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Gunnar
God

Happy Thanksgiving Day Everyone!

Post by Gunnar »

Don't choke on your turkey! Having to get a or perform Heimlich maneuver because someone didn't chew their food thoroughly enough before swallowing might put a serious damper on the festivities! And focus your discussions with your relatives and other dinner companions on pleasant subjects and what you are thankful for and love about each other, please! No arguments or fights over religion and politics! Stay healthy and enjoy your feast!
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Re: Happy Thanksgiving Day Everyone!

Post by MeDotOrg »

I'm thankful for this board, and the very good people who post here.

Sending everyone a mental sweet potato pie...
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
msnobody
First Presidency

Post by msnobody »

Thank you for that good advice.

I love you guys. So very thankful for each of you; regulars and onlookers.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

"May we have plenty of venison and mead under the protection of the Nine Divines."
-- Serana and Zora
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Gunnar wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:00 pm
Don't choke on your turkey! Having to get a or perform Heimlich maneuver because someone didn't chew their food thoroughly enough before swallowing might put a serious damper on the festivities! And focus your discussions with your relatives and other dinner companions on pleasant subjects and what you are thankful for and love about each other, please! No arguments or fights over religion and politics! Stay healthy and enjoy your feast!
Company, games, and food. It's been a decadent day. This is my very favorite US holiday. I can't even articulate why I love it so much, but I do. It's the consummate US holiday (if you, ya know, ignore the way European immigrants screwed over native Americans. It sucks for me that its beginnings are tainted, because I so love this modern holiday).
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

A bit late to be jumping in, but may this holiday week be exceptional for all of you. Happy Thanksgiving!
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

A day late, but I hope everyone is having a Happy Thanksgiving weekend as well.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Some Schmo wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:32 am
Gunnar wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:00 pm
Company, games, and food. It's been a decadent day. This is my very favorite US holiday. I can't even articulate why I love it so much, but I do. It's the consummate US holiday (if you, ya know, ignore the way European immigrants screwed over native Americans. It sucks for me that its beginnings are tainted, because I so love this modern holiday).
As usual, your sentiments and feelings are very much in line with mine, except that usually, I regard Christmas as at least as big a favorite as Thanksgiving. The happiest memories of my life are times spent with my dearest family members and friends at Christmas time and participating in the music performances of the season.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.