Trump's American Reichstag Fire

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Trump's American Reichstag Fire

Post by MeDotOrg »

dou·ble·think

The acceptance of or mental capacity to accept contrary opinions or beliefs at the same time, especially as a result of political indoctrination.
Donald Trump wrote:Do you throw the Presidential Election Results of 2020 OUT and declare the RIGHTFUL WINNER, or do you have a NEW ELECTION? A Massive Fraud of this type and magnitude allows for the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution.
Donald Trump wrote:The Fake News is actually trying to convince the American People that I said I wanted to ‘terminate’ the Constitution. This is simply more DISINFORMATION & LIES, just like RUSSIA, RUSSIA, RUSSIA, and all of their other HOAXES & SCAMS,” Trump wrote Monday afternoon, saying he meant that “steps must be immediately taken to RIGHT THE WRONG.
I've grown used to Donald Trump's verbiage, but he didn't say "suspend" the Constitution. He said terminate. This is Trump's Reichstag Fire.

Republican hem and haw about what he really meant, trying to duck the media. Back in the 1930's, bankers and Paul von Hindenburg were hoping to control Adolf Hitler.

Again, he called for the termination of the Constitution. He gives no timeline or plan for the restoration of the rule of law. Steps must be take to "RIGHT THE WRONG", but Trump provides zero information about righting the wrong of the termination of the Constitution.

All of this becomes part of the daily cultural newsfeed that we accept: That a former President calls for the termination of the Constitution. Reporters ask politicians about how they feel about what Trump has said. If you ask me, that's the wrong strategy. Ask a politician if he or her self could envision a situation where they themselves would approve the termination of the Constitution. If yes, what would that situation look like?
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
Moksha
God

Re: Trump's American Reichstag Fire

Post by Moksha »

Republicans wish to defund the military until vaccinations cease.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Father Francis
Bishop

Post by Father Francis »

Moksha wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:23 am
Republicans wish to defund the military until vaccinations cease.
Even peanut butter shots? That's a good way to destroy the military force of the US...
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

MeDotOrg wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:17 am
dou·ble·think

The acceptance of or mental capacity to accept contrary opinions or beliefs at the same time, especially as a result of political indoctrination.
Donald Trump wrote:Do you throw the Presidential Election Results of 2020 OUT and declare the RIGHTFUL WINNER, or do you have a NEW ELECTION? A Massive Fraud of this type and magnitude allows for the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution.
Donald Trump wrote:The Fake News is actually trying to convince the American People that I said I wanted to ‘terminate’ the Constitution. This is simply more DISINFORMATION & LIES, just like RUSSIA, RUSSIA, RUSSIA, and all of their other HOAXES & SCAMS,” Trump wrote Monday afternoon, saying he meant that “steps must be immediately taken to RIGHT THE WRONG.
I've grown used to Donald Trump's verbiage, but he didn't say "suspend" the Constitution. He said terminate. This is Trump's Reichstag Fire.

Republican hem and haw about what he really meant, trying to duck the media. Back in the 1930's, bankers and Paul von Hindenburg were hoping to control Adolf Hitler.

Again, he called for the termination of the Constitution. He gives no timeline or plan for the restoration of the rule of law. Steps must be take to "RIGHT THE WRONG", but Trump provides zero information about righting the wrong of the termination of the Constitution.

All of this becomes part of the daily cultural newsfeed that we accept: That a former President calls for the termination of the Constitution. Reporters ask politicians about how they feel about what Trump has said. If you ask me, that's the wrong strategy. Ask a politician if he or her self could envision a situation where they themselves would approve the termination of the Constitution. If yes, what would that situation look like?
It seems we are yet again being asked to not take Trump literally but seriously. Thanks, I hope we've learned to take him as both literal and serious when he says crazy crap then backs out of it when it doesn't land. Trump doesn't retract, ever. This is as close as he gets, so you know he both said it and is now deflecting from owning it. Gods, I don't miss having him in the news on the daily.