Humorous Gospel Quartet

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Gunnar
God

Humorous Gospel Quartet

Post by Gunnar »

Hey guys! Check out this quartet of young boys! It is guaranteed to bring a smile to your face and brighten your day! They are all very good, but their bass is incredible, plus he has great comedic talent! The particular song they sing in this video is very appropriate for this Christmas season. You'll be glad you watched it!
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Gunnar
God

Re: Humorous Gospel Quartet

Post by Gunnar »

And if you enjoyed my last post, you might also enjoy this "William Tell Overture" parody
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Gunnar wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:35 pm
Hey guys! Check out this quartet of young boys! It is guaranteed to bring a smile to your face and brighten your day!
Normally I’m not at all impressed by things of this nature, but holy cow, this is definitely the exception. Absolutely MASTERFUL in every way.

Thank you so much for posting it!
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:19 pm
Gunnar wrote:
Hey guys! Check out this quartet of young boys! It is guaranteed to bring a smile to your face and brighten your day!
Normally I’m not at all impressed by things of this nature, but holy cow, this is definitely the exception. Absolutely MASTERFUL in every way.

Thank you so much for posting it!
You're quite welcome! I was sure someone else besides me would enjoy it.
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by MeDotOrg »

Gunnar wrote:
Hey guys! Check out this quartet of young boys! It is guaranteed to bring a smile to your face and brighten your day! They are all very good, but their bass is incredible, plus he has great comedic talent! The particular song they sing in this video is very appropriate for this Christmas season. You'll be glad you watched it!
That bass singer is going to be something when he hits puberty.
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

I'm glad that those of you who watched this enjoyed it. This video is 9 questions old. I wonder what these guys are doing now, and if they ever recorded any other videos together. Have any of you ever seen anything else by them? I also can't help but wonder if those were their real voices, or if they were lip syncing. If not, that makes their performance all the more impressive -- especially the bass. Even if not, they were still superbly entertaining!
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Gunnar wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:22 am
I also can't help but wonder if those were their real voices, or if they were lip syncing.
Was there ever any doubt about that?
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Chap wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 5:15 pm
Gunnar wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:22 am
I also can't help but wonder if those were their real voices, or if they were lip syncing.
Well, I have heard on talent shows youngsters who performed way beyond what anyone of their age would be expected to accomplish, so I thought there might be some small possibility these kids could be examples of that.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Gunnar wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:22 am
Chap wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 5:15 pm
Well, I have heard on talent shows youngsters who performed way beyond what anyone of their age would be expected to accomplish, so I thought there might be some small possibility these kids could be examples of that.
Yes, but their lip sync was off on several parts. I suppose that's why I wasn't as impressed. It was cute, but just OK for me.

I'm glad you enjoyed it, though.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Some Schmo wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:16 pm
Gunnar wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:22 am
Yes, but their lip sync was off on several parts. I suppose that's why I wasn't as impressed. It was cute, but just OK for me.

I'm glad you enjoyed it, though.
On rewatching that video, I could see that you are clearly right about the lip sync being off at several parts. So I concede your point. Fortunately, that did not detract from the entertainment value of the video -- for me, at least. The second guy from the right seemed to have the worst lip sync problem.