Moved: Former Mormon And BYU Graduate Senator Krysten Sinema Ditches The Liberal Cult.

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Wallaby Lover
Nursery

Re: Moved: Former Mormon And BYU Graduate Senator Krysten Sinema Ditches The Liberal Cult.

Post by Wallaby Lover »

huckelberry wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:03 pm
Gadianton wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:47 pm

Well, there are two arguments against that. The first is it isn't fair to people like Stem, who just put a lot of time into a topic and now that gets pushed down by the spam.
spam is a good name for Wallaby's political slogan without substance. Buy dove soap, you know it is right.
Is my viewpoint spam? I see now. I'm beginning to grasp the true nature of this board.
Gunnar
God

Re: Moved: Former Mormon And BYU Graduate Senator Krysten Sinema Ditches The Liberal Cult.

Post by Gunnar »

Wallaby Lover wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:31 pm
huckelberry wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:03 pm

spam is a good name for Wallaby's political slogan without substance. Buy dove soap, you know it is right.
Is my viewpoint spam? I see now. I'm beginning to grasp the true nature of this board.
I seriously question whether you have a firm grasp on the true nature of anything, let alone this board, based on what I have seen of your posts, so far.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

canpakes wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:14 pm
She graduated as valedictorian from Walton High School in DeFuniak Springs at age 16 and earned her B.A. from Brigham Young University (BYU) in 1995 at age 18.
She made good use of the Louis C. Midgley university credits system.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Wallaby Lover
Nursery

Post by Wallaby Lover »

Gunnar wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:41 pm
Wallaby Lover wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:31 pm

I seriously question whether you have a firm grasp on the true nature of anything, let alone this board, based on what I have seen of your posts, so far.
Since joining this board, I've come to know that if a conservative position is expressed, a barrage of criticism will immediately begin to pelt the brave poster. Even the moderators join in- in fact, they are driving the effort. Please direct my attention to a conservative discussion that hasn't been attacked with name calling by the board's liberal cult members.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 5:02 pm
Wallaby Lover wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:55 pm
What is up with this place! I have had two threads moved to Spirit Paradise even though the threads were pertaining to topics on Mormonism.

Why are threads like "Dan McClellan Is A Tik Tok Star" and "The New BYPINATOR" allowed in the Terrestrial but my thread is not allowed?
Are you going to engage in your own topic, or is this just an opportunity to kvetch about demonrats? Like, is the limit of your ability to discuss something is to draw a terrible analogy and then say, “Explain yourselves!”?

- Doc
Looks like Wally’s sole intent is to moan about LiBeRaLs
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Wallaby Lover wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:36 pm
Since joining this board, I've come to know that if a conservative position is expressed, a barrage of criticism will immediately begin to pelt the brave poster.
When trolling posts are made with the sole intent of bashing liberals, then it is best to use the phrase annoying poster.
Wallaby Lover
Nursery

Post by Wallaby Lover »

Moksha wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:51 pm
Wallaby Lover wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:36 pm
Since joining this board, I've come to know that if a conservative position is expressed, a barrage of criticism will immediately begin to pelt the brave poster.
When trolling posts are made with the sole intent of bashing liberals, then it is best to use the phrase annoying poster.
So are you admitting this is a liberal board? I don't see you attacking posters who start threads that the sole purpose of that thread is to attack conservatives, why is that?

Threads like
1. Fox News is America's shame
2. How stupid is Marjorie Taylor Green
3. Is the Republican Party an enemy of America
4. Fox News is an enemy of the state
5. Just how stupid is Herschel
Many more
Wallaby Lover
Nursery

Post by Wallaby Lover »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:41 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 5:02 pm

Are you going to engage in your own topic, or is this just an opportunity to kvetch about demonrats? Like, is the limit of your ability to discuss something is to draw a terrible analogy and then say, “Explain yourselves!”?

- Doc
And it appears like your only goal is to complain about conservatives. Would you be willing to show everyone where the vicious conservatives injured you if I provided a dolly?
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Wallaby Lover wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:08 pm
I don't see you attacking posters who start threads that the sole purpose of that thread is to attack conservatives, why is that?
I don't believe in attacking posters. I've been on the receiving end of it both here and mostly elsewhere. I remember on one board I had to remind myself that my attacker had significant rust deposits secondary to age. Besides, his protector was the proprietor of the board.

We had one poster in the past who was hell-bent on sticking it to LIBERALS. I realized that we should show compassion because in real life he had been thrown many lemons and decided to make Rustoleum out of them. He was not a happy camper.

We are not really meant to be crusading avengers or mad bombers. Much better to be kind and generative.

Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Wallaby Lover wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:12 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:41 pm

And it appears like your only goal is to complain about conservatives. Would you be willing to show everyone where the vicious conservatives injured you if I provided a dolly?
Note: this is what A-Mike does. We tried to engage him in topical discussion, but he only wants to get into tit for tat personality conflicts. This is his ceiling.

Back to the topic: Liberalism, by definition, is a political and social philosophy that promotes individual rights, civil liberties, democracy, and free enterprise. Does Mormonism, as a system unto itself, promote individual rights, civil liberties, democracy, and free enterprise? Is there an actual comparison there as philosophical sets?

- Doc
Last edited by Doctor CamNC4Me on Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.