Backing the Blue

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Father Francis
Bishop

Re: Backing the Blue

Post by Father Francis »

It seems like Ajax isn't aware of the "Doll Test". The results are disturbing and damning.
Father Francis
Bishop

Post by Father Francis »

Hawkeye wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:43 am
Again, you brought up race, no one else
Have you ever considered the possibility that Derek Chauvin was not racist but maybe just a bad cop?
So the cop that has a history of shooting unarmed minorities, slamming a 14 year old (minority) to the ground with his knee on their back (not an approved restraint by the way) after he hit the kid in the head, isn't racist at all? He's a good guy who had a bad day?

I'm a "progressive" with a lot of friends who are (former and currant) LEO's or corrections officers. There's lots of those in the medical profession and most of them are veterans. Condemnation is the consensus. There's obvious, pointless malice in the videos.

Just a bad cop?

No.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

ajax18 wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:14 am
And while it was wrong for these black officers to beat this man, the reason it doesn't happen to white people is that they don't run or resist arrest as often. I'm sorry he's dead but he did himself no favors by running and resisting.
Lol. Ummm... YouTube and social media are absolutely littered with white "constitutionalists" arguing with, resisting, and refusing to comply with police. They make a hobby out of recording their interactions where they purposefully resist the police. Some have made a very lucrative hobby of it. Saw one just yesterday in the old tikky-tocks feed where a numb-nuts walked into a police station armed to the T, because "open carry is legal." The outcome was far different than a kid with a BB-gun in a Walmart.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

When you're a hammer everything looks like a nail. For feminists every problem in the world is due to patriarchy. For Veritas, it's always capitalism or borders. For Maxine Waters and Benjamin Crump, it's always white on black racism, even when no white people are even involved. And somehow I'm the one who is incapable of seeing that two things can be true at once, namely that it's pretty stupid to run and resist arrest and that the cops lost their tempers and went too far once they subdued the suspect.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

ajax18 wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:57 pm
When you're a hammer everything looks like a nail. For feminists every problem in the world is due to patriarchy. For Veritas, it's always capitalism or borders. For Maxine Waters and Benjamin Crump, it's always white on black racism, even when no white people are even involved. And somehow I'm the one who is incapable of seeing that two things can be true at once, namely that it's pretty stupid to run and resist arrest and that the cops lost their tempers and went too far once they subdued the suspect.
Speaking of hammers and nuanced thinking, what is it about this particular case (compared to all of the other cases discussed on the board) where you finally find fault with the officers?

As an aside; from the current evidence, they stopped him without cause, and pulled him from his car without cause. Unless different evidence comes out, the “went too far” began the moment they stopped his car, not after he was subdued.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Speaking of hammers and nuanced thinking, what is it about this particular case (compared to all of the other cases discussed on the board) where you finally find fault with the officers?
Why would I find fault with the officers if I'm really the guy pulling the strings behind the scenes and the officers were just carrying out my white supremacist desires for me?

More than likely the officers incorrectly thought they could get away with this because they were black. Even so, Tyre should win a Darwin award for choosing to run and then fight the police.
As an aside; from the current evidence, they stopped him without cause, and pulled him from his car without cause. Unless different evidence comes out, the “went too far” began the moment they stopped his car, not after he was subdued.
What's actually difficult to believe about the reckless driving charge is that someone was actually stopped for reckless driving in Memphis. Memphis drivers are worse than most Latin American countries.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

ajax18 wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:21 pm
Why would I find fault with the officers if I'm really the guy pulling the strings behind the scenes and the officers were just carrying out my white supremacist desires for me?

More than likely the officers incorrectly thought they could get away with this because they were black. Even so, Tyre should win a Darwin award for choosing to run and then fight the police.
So you don't find any fault with what the officers did?
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

ajax18 wrote:
More than likely the officers incorrectly thought they could get away with this because they were black cops.
Fixed it for you.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:30 pm
ajax18 wrote:

So you don't find any fault with what the officers did?
I guess these officers thought they could get away with it because they’re white beating the everliving crap out of a white guy:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arrest_ ... _Worcester

Video (scroll down a bit):

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ex ... -rcna67337

Does Ajax ever make any sense?

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

honorentheos wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:43 pm
ajax18 wrote:
More than likely the officers incorrectly thought they could get away with this because they were black cops.
Fixed it for you.
After watching Derek Chauvin get put away for life for doing far less than they did? No, I don't think these five officers thought they would get away with this because they were cops.