Backing the Blue

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Hawkeye
2nd Counselor

Re: Backing the Blue

Post by Hawkeye »

Moksha wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:24 pm
Hawkeye wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:50 pm
No I just love seeing you try to blame this on Republicans and white supremacy.
Yeah, why is Kevin attacking your klan?
No white man is even involved in this one yet somehow it's the white man's fault as always.
The best part about this is waiting four years to see how all the crazy apocalyptic predictions made by the fear mongering idiots in Right Wing media turned out to be painfully wrong...Gasoline would hit $10/gallon. Hyperinflation would ensue.
Veritas
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Hawkeye wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:45 pm
Moksha wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:24 pm
Yeah, why is Kevin attacking your klan?
No white man is even involved in this one yet somehow it's the white man's fault as always.
The only person bringing up race is the board racist - you - which is your MO. That's all you do. We could be talking about Hungarian Basket weaving and you'd find a way to turn it into some kind of smack down on minorities.

The fact that you continue to demonstrate your abject ignorance as to what systemic racism means, even after years of thorough education, just goes to prove the point that you're either too stupid or too racist to care. You have your straw man and you won't let go of it.

Having said that, the Mayor who was responsible for creating that scorpion unit is a white "Christian" male. Right up your alley.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

You won't give a crap about anything like the Nichol's incident until is it maybe a young blonde haired blue eyed girl that gets beaten to death.
I can't criticize the officers in this case because I'm white and they're black. Under Sheila Jackson-Lee's bill I should be thrown in jail for criticizing a non white person.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

ajax18 wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:37 pm
You won't give a crap about anything like the Nichol's incident until is it maybe a young blonde haired blue eyed girl that gets beaten to death.
I can't criticize the officers in this case because I'm white and they're black. Under Sheila Jackson-Lee's bill I should be thrown in jail for criticizing a non white person.
You're not criticizing the officers at all, you're just repeating the same idiotic talking points from Right Wing media which, like you, is constantly bending over backwards trying to prove they're not racist, all the while constantly making racist points. Again, you brought up race, no one else. You do this in virtually every thread you participate in whatever the topic. Because that's what white trash racist pricks do.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Vēritās wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:22 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:37 pm
You're not criticizing the officers at all, you're just repeating the same idiotic talking points from Right Wing media which, like you, is constantly bending over backwards trying to prove they're not racist, all the while constantly making racist points. Again, you brought up race, no one else. You do this in virtually every thread you participate in whatever the topic. Because that's what white trash racist pricks do.
White people are being blamed for this on MSNBC right now And you just admitted you agree that 5 black police officers beating a black man to death is due to white on black racism. Do you think the KKK has a diversity quota to meet or something? Do you think the Scorpion unit are registered Republicans or Democrats?

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/01 ... ls-police/
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Hawkeye
2nd Counselor

Post by Hawkeye »

Again, you brought up race, no one else
Have you ever considered the possibility that Derek Chauvin was not racist but maybe just a bad cop? Is that possible? Are there other sources of evil in this world other than antebellum southern white men and their descendants? Has someone ever done something very immoral and it not be due to right wing media in your view? Is that even possible in your world view? Do black people who were never enslaved in the antebellum US ever commit crimes due to the influence of their own culture or does anything any black person ever does wrong ultimately still have to be the responsibility of white men? The left is the side that constantly injects race into the conversation. It clouds their judgment on nearly every single encounter between white and nonwhite people. Memphis is just a partisan Democrat city that is reaping the fruits of their own policies. The problem they're facing now is that there are no more white people around to pass the blame on to. But they'll find ways, they always do.

And then what happens when these officers are convicted and sent to prison? This just pads your stats that the criminal justice system is racist against black men because how else could there more black men in prison than white men? It can't be because they commit more crimes.

MSNBC Guest: Police Culture ‘Is Rooted in White Supremacy’

Former police offer and National Coalition of Law Enforcement Officers For Justice Reform and Accountability co-founder Redditt Hudson said Friday on MSNBC’s “All In” that he believes the death of Tyre Nichols shows that black officers can adopt the police culture, which “is rooted in white supremacy.”

Hudson said, “I’ve been on this show now for some years covering these kinds of incidents. Accountability is the best training that police officers can never get when it comes to these kinds of situations. Seeing someone held accountable, prosecuted and convicted it this does become the blueprint. It becomes a stop of what we have seen. I do know for sure that the reaction in similar situations we have seen Eric Garner, Laquan McDonald, Mike Brown when white officers are involved with egregious conduct that we have seen, the response is very different.”
The best part about this is waiting four years to see how all the crazy apocalyptic predictions made by the fear mongering idiots in Right Wing media turned out to be painfully wrong...Gasoline would hit $10/gallon. Hyperinflation would ensue.
Veritas
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

ajax18 wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:39 pm
White people are being blamed for this on MSNBC right now
No they're not.
ajax18 wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:39 pm
And you just admitted you agree that 5 black police officers beating a black man to death is due to white on black racism.
I admitted no such thing. You're just an idiot who lies and doesn't comprehend much. Your refusal to grasp what systemic racism is is your own problem. It doesn't mean everyone or even ANYONE is a racist. The fact is no one brought up race until YOU did.

Your problem continues to be that you're not only a racist slime, but your brain only thinks in binary terms and you have no grasp of nuance. Not even a little bit.
Last edited by Vēritās on Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Hawkeye wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:43 am
Have you ever considered the possibility that Derek Chauvin was not racist but maybe just a bad cop? Is that possible?
Why does it have to be either or? Obviously he was a bad cop, but his long history of brutality towards black people strongly suggests racism too.
Are there other sources of evil in this world other than antebellum southern white men and their descendants? Has someone ever done something very immoral and it not be due to right wing media in your view? Is that even possible in your world view?
Here you go again asking a litany of stupid questions, being that guy who refuses to answer any given to you. Your questions are nearly as dumb as you are.
MSNBC Guest: Police Culture ‘Is Rooted in White Supremacy’
Of course it is. We've proven this time and time again. The current system is systemically racist. It doesn't mean everyone or even that anyone is racist, it means the system is set up to produce outcomes that disproportionately affect minorities. For example, black people being exposed to high crime areas that result in police brutality because the system has locked them out of the more affluent white suburbs for many many decades. I've already produced a litany of studies proving black people are far more likely to be pulled over by the police. The more police stops there are, the higher the chance of a confrontation gone awry. Cops in general treat black people differently, this isn't even a debate anymore the data is so obvious.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

And while it was wrong for these black officers to beat this man, the reason it doesn't happen to white people as often is that they don't run or resist arrest as often. I'm sorry he's dead but he did himself no favors by running and resisting.

What's even more sad is that as a result of the SCORPION unit being abolished, you're going to see even more black people murdered in Memphis, a city well known for having among the highest per capita murder rates in the US. It will also send a message to black criminals that if you run, they can't pursue you. I can't think of why a police officer in Memphis would bother pursuing suspects at this point. They're risking a deadly confrontation, imprisonment, likely abuse and aggravation, and it's bringing in little if any revenue for the police department. Best to spend their time spotting white people stopped in traffic with their seat belt unbuckled in the heat this summer. It's no confrontation, no haggle, easy money for the city from people with jobs to go to that won't allow them the time to fight it in a court.
Last edited by ajax18 on Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

ajax18 wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:14 am
And while it was wrong for these black officers to beat this man, the reason it doesn't happen to white people is that they don't run or resist arrest as often.
Dude who claimed to have a gun when he attempted to jack my car ran and was tazzed. He was white and apparently extremely under the influence of alcohol and other substances. Found out he also had five felonies and had been out of jail less than a year. 30-something white guy. Will be out this fall because the court thinks dude is not likely to try to steal cars again, and seems to have only got jail time because he lacks housing so they incarcerated him under some sort of probationary program to help him find stability rather than dump him back on the street. Don't get me wrong, I think it's good the system is concerned enough that the prosecutor tried to strike a balance between just locking him up and forgetting about him, or releasing him as not their problem It just strikes me as interesting a prior felon gets that level of consideration based primarily on my feeling he wasn't really a threat to my life. I don't know if that means what it seems to mean to me, but it leads me to think how quickly people are to jump to conclusions about threat levels affects almost everything that happens downstream of the event.