Political Prisoner Persecuted , Prosecuted, but not silenced

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
honorentheos
God

Re: Political Prisoner Persecuted , Prosecuted, but not silenced

Post by honorentheos »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:24 am
Lying to tell the truth is more common than not for criminal defendants.
Despite this apparently being so good it needed said twice, what exactly are you saying here?
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

honorentheos wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:28 am
ajax18 wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:24 am
Lying to tell the truth is more common than not for criminal defendants.
Despite this apparently being so good it needed said twice, what exactly are you saying here?
Coerced testimony and admitting to guilt in exchange for a lighter sentence. It's a very flawed system we have.

Weissman looks and sounds like Satan's mouthpiece on earth. Perhaps Jesus can be so forgiving because he knows what kind of hell awaits people like Weismann. When it happens maybe I'll be begging mercy for Weisman to, but not for several thousand years.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:43 am
Coerced testimony and admitting to guilt in exchange for a lighter sentence. It's a very flawed system we have.

Weissman looks and sounds like Satan's mouthpiece on earth. Perhaps Jesus can be so forgiving because he knows what kind of hell awaits people like Weismann. When it happens maybe I'll be begging mercy for Weisman to, but not for several thousand years.
What would be a proper sentence, in your opinion, for Manafort having been convicted of five counts of filing false tax returns, two counts of bank fraud, and one count of failing to disclose a foreign bank account?
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

The hilarity of Republicans suddenly caring about a "flawed" justice system only when an uber wealthy, over privileged white Christian male Republican goes to jail with what really amounts to a "wrist slap." This guy even bragged about how he was treated like "VIP" while in prison because he paid others off to avoid doing any serious time. Then he makes millions by writing a crap book for the MAGA base, pretending to be a martyr.

People like Ajax never said a word about any of these "flaws" over five decades of incarcerating record levels of minorities over frivolous charges. People too poor to afford decent legal representation and forced to enter plea deals to avoid life sentences.

Remember, ajax is the same guy who defended the cops who murdered Breonna Taylor by attacking Taylor's boyfriend. In his mind, Taylor was guilty by association. She paid for it with her life, and he was perfectly fine with that. Same with Freddy Gray, John Crawford, George Floyd, Tamir Rice, etc. You see, those people technically broke some law, and needed to be put down because, well, "rule of law."

But when a corrupt rich white guy gets caught betraying his country and repeatedly breaking laws by lying to FBI, well, in Ajax's mind it is nothing more than political persecution. Not only is it acceptable for Republicans to betray their country and use patriotism as a prop, it seems to be a rite of passage for that particular cult.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:43 am
honorentheos wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:28 am

So. You are reading a prison stint memoir where Manafort has cast Weissmann as the antagonist in his Shawshank Redemption fanfic, and your emotional reaction is ^?

You think - just maybe - you may not be able to judge the accuracy of information being shared if he's got you worked up to the point you want to see a person you never met suffer eternal torment in some form of imagined hell?

Manafort is a career liar, ajax. That a milquetoast Orange is the New Black - MAGA edition is the book you found engaging enough to actually read is silly. The man writes a book that provides no information, little honesty, but is slathered in martyr complex, with the culmination being the pardon, says everything one needs to know.

In his telling, which he picked well given your reaction, Manafort is Job, a righteous man raised up on the American Dream who found himself in the crosshairs of the great Satan of liberalism, gnashing and snarling at Trump from their bitter state. Traps, trials, moments of weakness after relentless abuse are endured but never break him. And then the story ends with his glorious visitation - well done, my good and faithful servant for thou are not a rat.

Anyway, explain what Manafort was up to sharing information the bipartisan Senate committee deemed, "a grave counterintelligence threat."
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

One thing I'll say for Weissman is that this man is incredbly smart, almost as smart as Satan himself. Sadly Satan can inspire people as well. This case shows me Christ's wisdom in refusing to say anything to his accusers. I doubt Christ Himself would have stood a chance of being acqitted against a prosector with the intellectual stamina, media support, political support from a tyranical mob, and pitbull bloodthirsty ferocity of Weissman.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:28 pm
One thing I'll say for Weissman is that this man is incredbly smart, almost as smart as Satan himself. Sadly Satan can inspire people as well. This case shows me Christ's wisdom in refusing to say anything to his accusers. I doubt Christ Himself would have stood a chance of being acqitted against a prosector with the intellectual stamina, media support, political support from a tyranical mob, and pitbull bloodthirsty ferocity of Weissman.
Or, you know, don't embroil yourself in Russian power politics and be indebted to people who throw fools out windows...

You think Manafort was out of general population to torture him and he apparently milked that impression in his book. Dude had a bullseye on his back, ajax. He was the definition of swimming with sharks.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

I've seen evil in this world but Weissman is at a level I couldn't have even have imagined, at least not in this country. What he did to so many people and their families in the special counsel in their quest to take down Trump was far worse than just killing someone and pissing on them as Schmo or Veritas would do. It was a clear extension of the war we fought in heaven. He literally helped carry out Satan's threats to those of who refused to go along with Satan's plan.

Manafort is Italian Catholic. His priest spoke of the meaning we can find in all suffering and how to help God work all things together for our own good. I admit I didn't think much of Italians because my loudmouthed idiot history teacher and abusive basketball coach was Sicilian and a communist. He always hated northwestern Europeans like myself because he felt inferior. I mistakenly thought he was right. Well no more. I only wish I could be as strong as Manafort. There really are no racial divisions any more, just Republican and Democrat.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Huh. So what does this "Saturday's Shawshank Plan of Warrior Redemption, the Musical" have to do with answering the question regarding Manafort's activities being called, "a grave counterintelligence threat" by a bipartisan Senate intelligence committee?
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:11 pm
I've seen evil in this world but Weissman is at a level I couldn't have even have imagined, at least not in this country. What he did to so many people and their families in the special counsel in their quest to take down Trump was far worse than just killing someone and pissing on them as Schmo or Veritas would do. It was a clear extension of the war we fought in heaven. He literally helped carry out Satan's threats to those of who refused to go along with Satan's plan.

Manafort is Italian Catholic. His priest spoke of the meaning we can find in all suffering and how to help God work all things together for our own good. I admit I didn't think much of Italians because my loudmouthed idiot history teacher and abusive basketball coach was Sicilian and a communist. He always hated northwestern Europeans like myself because he felt inferior. I mistakenly thought he was right. Well no more. I only wish I could be as strong as Manafort. There really are no racial divisions any more, just Republican and Democrat.
Wow, ajax. Such glowing praise for Manafort. You sound as if you’d like to nominate this tax fraud to sainthood.

You may want to talk to his family first, though.
Paul Manafort’s family expressed misgivings about the political consultant’s work for both Russia-aligned Ukrainian strongman Viktor Yanukovych and Donald Trump, according to text messages allegedly hacked from one of his daughters’ phones.

(T)he Manafort daughters and their mother seemed much more unsettled about Paul Manafort’s work as a political consultant for Yanukovych’s Russia-backed Party of Regions, which is a subject of renewed interest among investigators probing possible links between Trump’s campaign and Russia.

In one March 2015 exchange that appears to be between the two sisters, Andrea Manafort seems to suggest that their father bore some responsibility for the deaths of protesters at the hands of police loyal to Yanukovych during a monthslong uprising that started in late 2013.

“Don’t fool yourself,” Andrea Manafort wrote. “That money we have is blood money.”

In another hacked exchange a few months later with someone else, Andrea Manafort wrote that her father’s “work and payment in Ukraine is legally questionable.”

Paul Manafort in an interview defended his work in Ukraine as “open, transparent and focused on doing all that I could to promote policies that were pro-Western” and focused on “moving Ukraine into the [European Union].”

Manafort acknowledged that his daughter Andrea had been hacked and corroborated the authenticity of at least some of the texts between him and her, but declined to comment on most of them.

Andrea Manafort, 31, and Jessica Manafort, 34, did not respond to requests for comment.
https://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/ ... sts-235473