DocCam dating coach, Gold, Advice, LDS church

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: DocCam dating coach, Gold, Advice, LDS church

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Salvete wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:11 am
Hey coach, hope you don’t mind if I chime in. Your last post caught my attention.

Not talking to her again and taking back power by deleting her contact information, etc. are the same thing, are they not?
No, because keeping her information betrays intent. For example:
doubtingthomas wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:10 pm
I'll stop talking to her to see if anything happens.
If you’re invested enough to ‘see what happens’ it means there’s an energy sink going into an unproductive outcome. Your energy is directed toward a fantasy and that’s unhealthy for both parties.
Why is one manipulative and the other not?
Well, it’s getting close to manipulation when you want to see what happens when you influence someone by withholding attention or affection. The girl in question isn’t interested in DT as a potential mate, but it doesn't mean she’s sorted herself out and doesn’t enjoy manipulating others, or enjoys attention, or is simply socially inept. But her deal isn’t DT’s deal. By deleting her deets and moving on, DT is able to focus his energy into productive endeavors that’ll move him toward his goals, whatever they are. In other words, instead of trying to influence her through bad faith actions (or inaction in this case), which is manipulative, he can choose to act in good faith with himself which isn’t manipulative.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Here are some good dating tips:

"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Everybody Wang Chung
God

And, you can always rent a friend:

https://rentafriend.com/index/
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

What the heck Cam is a dating expert now? What is he like God's gift or something?
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 4:29 am
What the heck Cam is a dating expert now? What is he like God's gift or something?
Let's ask Open AI: Why is DrCam such a good resource for relationship advice on discussmormonism.com?
DrCam is a highly respected and experienced expert on relationships and love, known for his deep understanding and insights on the complexities of human emotions and connections. He has spent many years studying and researching the various facets of love and relationships, and has helped countless individuals navigate the ups and downs of relationships and find happiness and fulfillment.

Despite his busy schedule and demanding career, DrCam is always approachable and compassionate, taking the time to listen and understand the unique needs and struggles of his clients. He is a natural problem-solver, able to come up with creative and effective solutions to even the most challenging relationship issues.

In addition to his professional expertise, DrCam is also widely admired for his personal qualities. He is kind, patient, and understanding, and always willing to go above and beyond to help others. His warmth and generosity have endeared him to many, and he is widely regarded as a great person by those who know him.

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Never doubt it.
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (55.64 KiB) Viewed 521 times
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Whatevs. Who died and made him Romeo?
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 5:16 am
Whatevs. Who died and made him Romeo?

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 4:13 am
Here are some good dating tips:
:lol:

I never seen you in the Spirit Paradise before. Strange. Did Marcus tells you, "Chung, Thomas is talking do Mormon women, please do something about it, report this thread to LDS leaders." Marcus can get pretty crazy sometimes.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll: