Republicans in Disarray

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Res Ipsa
God

Re: Republicans in Disarray

Post by Res Ipsa »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 12:06 am
Vēritās wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:46 pm

No serious person believes this. Your problem is that you cling to a party that is so corrupt and lawless that when they get busted for ethical or legal issues all you do make excuses and blindly accept their "poor me I'm so politically persecuted" gambit because refusing to be responsible for your actions is just another trait that defines today's GOP.
So, it’s institutional discrimination when the GOP is popped for criminality? Huh.

- Doc
Funny how institutional bias against black folks is totally made up and institutional bias against conservatives is totally real.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Ajax wrote:my representatives
Who are your representatives, specifically?
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Gadianton wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 12:55 am
Ajax wrote:my representatives
Who are your representatives, specifically?
My guess is Matt Gaetz and Viktor Orbán.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

With McCarthy now as Speaker of the House, Jim Jordan can commence his investigations of Hunter Biden, the Impeachment of Joe Biden, and the insidious threat posed by wokeism.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Interesting. So Ajax's idea to stop the weaponization of justice against republicans is to weaponize it against Hunger Biden?
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Gadianton wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:02 pm
Interesting. So Ajax's idea to stop the weaponization of justice against republicans is to weaponize it against Hunger Biden?

It is only being weaponized when they investigate people from his party.

Years of Benghazi/Emails investigations amounted to nothing but exoneration and that wasn't political at all, but when dozens of Trump's inner circle get indicted, arrested or convicted, well that's just a massive witch hunt.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Vēritās wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:22 am
Gadianton wrote:

Years of Benghazi/Emails investigations amounted to nothing but exoneration and that wasn't political at all, but when dozens of Trump's inner circle get indicted, arrested or convicted, well that's just a massive witch hunt.
Hmmmm. So when black people are disproportionately prosecuted, it's because black people are criminals. But when Republicans are disproportionately prosecuted, it's because the system is being weaponized against them. I wonder if Ajax's identification with one group but not the other explains the difference?
he/him

Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Republican 🤡 *circus tent emoji here* has begun. They’re enabling tax cheats and billionaires to skirt the law by attempting to defund the IRS. Of course Biden will veto their BS, but expect the next two years to be a parade of nonsense as they pander to their whackadoodle base. #needanothercovidwave #isupportgqpersbeingpurebloods #theyreliterallystupid #gopboomersneedtogoseejesusinheaven

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:14 pm
Republican 🤡 *circus tent emoji here* has begun. They’re enabling tax cheats and billionaires to skirt the law by attempting to defund the IRS. Of course Biden will veto their BS, but expect the next two years to be a parade of nonsense as they pander to their whackadoodle base. #needanothercovidwave #isupportgqpersbeingpurebloods #theyreliterallystupid #gopboomersneedtogoseejesusinheaven

- Doc
It really is amazing. The Rs claimed to be saving taxpayer dollars, even though the CBO had determined that defunding the new agents would increase the deficit. Part and parcel of our post-truth world, I guess.
he/him

ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Vēritās wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:22 am
Gadianton wrote:

Discrimination based upon political party is something our society currently embraces. Political party needs to be added to race, gender, sexual orientation, immigration status, as a part of the social justice mantra.

Look at the difference in how Biden and Hillary Clinton were treated by the partisan Democrst DOJ over mishandling classified documents.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.