Biden's Classified Documents

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: Biden's Classified Documents

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:53 pm
Vēritās wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:50 am

Why don't we wait for the process to play out before jumping to conclusions?

Even with the Trump situation, we let the process play out before drawing conclusions, and when it did play itself out, it revealed that he willingly lied and tried to cover up his theft of "HIGHLY" classified documents. We don't know what was stored in Biden's old office or if he stored it there or if he knew about it or how classified those docs were. All we know is that there were relatively few classified materials mixed in with a bunch of other papers.

The fact that a Trump appointee was given the job as special counsel tells me that Biden and Garland are either very bad at this whole "Deep State" thing, or they're simply confident that this is a nothing burger and figured even a Trump appointee wouldn't be able to manufacture a scandal out of it.

At the end of the day it should serve as a lesson to Republicans on what to do and what not to do in these situations. Biden did it right, Trump lied, covered up and then tries to litigate his way out of his lies.
Thanks for the Biden defense talking points. My point, however, is the penchant to classify what really should be open to the public. The public needs to know what our government is doing. Do the documents Trump had and Biden has really need to be classified? My understanding is that some of the Biden documents are briefings about Ukraine and other countries. Is the information contained in those documents from the past now out in the open? If so, why the big deal? Let's see the documents. Same with Trump's documents. That'll bring a quick end to this.
Just in case you missed it:

https://www.factcheck.org/2023/01/class ... -to-trump/

You should read it.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Vēritās wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:50 am

Even with the Trump situation, we let the process play out before drawing conclusions, and when it did play itself out, it revealed that he willingly lied and tried to cover up his theft of "HIGHLY" classified documents. We don't know what was stored in Biden's old office or if he stored it there or if he knew about it or how classified those docs were. All we know is that there were relatively few classified materials mixed in with a bunch of other papers.

The fact that a Trump appointee was given the job as special counsel tells me that Biden and Garland are either very bad at this whole "Deep State" thing, or they're simply confident that this is a nothing burger and figured even a Trump appointee wouldn't be able to manufacture a scandal out of it.

At the end of the day it should serve as a lesson to Republicans on what to do and what not to do in these situations. Biden did it right, Trump lied, covered up and then tries to litigate his way out of his lies.
Thanks for the Biden defense talking points. My point, however, is the penchant to classify what really should be open to the public. The public needs to know what our government is doing. Do the documents Trump had and Biden has really need to be classified? My understanding is that some of the Biden documents are briefings about Ukraine and other countries. Is the information contained in those documents from the past now out in the open? If so, why the big deal? Let's see the documents. Same with Trump's documents. That'll bring a quick end to this.
So in other words, let's just declassify everything because we the people need to know everything the Government knows?

Where have you been? The classification markings on dozens of documents Trump had were the highest classifications there are, and were specific to field operatives working undercover in other countries. But you're cool with disclosing all the details about their whereabouts, their current identities, their current missions, etc?

Really?
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:40 pm

Just in case you missed it:

https://www.factcheck.org/2023/01/class ... -to-trump/

You should read it.

- Doc

I liked this part, which refutes Ajax's idiotic regurgitation of Trump's assertion about the Chinese connection:

On Truth Social, Trump also made the unsupported claim that the Penn Biden Center was funded with tens of millions of dollars from Chinese donors who had been given access to the documents found in Biden’s old office.

“The amount was 54 Million Dollars that the Biden Think Tank received from China,” Trump wrote in a Jan. 9 post. “That’s a lot of money. They saw the Classified Documents!”

But there is no evidence that China directly funded the center that bears Biden’s name or that China reviewed the classified documents now under federal review.

Prior to his post linking Biden and China, Trump shared a hyperlink to an April New York Post story that said the University of Pennsylvania – not the Penn Biden Center – “raked in a total of $54.6 million from 2014 through June 2019 in donations from China,” with most of the money being donated after the creation of the Penn Biden Center was announced in early 2017.

In response to our questions about Trump’s claims, a spokesperson for the university sent us the following statement: “The Penn Biden Center has never solicited or received any gifts from any Chinese or other foreign entity. In fact, the University has never solicited any gifts for the Center. Since its inception in 2017 there have been three unsolicited gifts (from two donors) which combined total $1,100. Both donors are Americans. One hundred percent of the budget for the Penn Biden Center comes from university funds.”
But who needs facts when you can just fabricate dots and then try connecting China with Biden?
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

Vēritās wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:52 pm
Dr Exiled wrote:

So in other words, let's just declassify everything because we the people need to know everything the Government knows?

Where have you been? The classification markings on dozens of documents Trump had were the highest classifications there are, and were specific to field operatives working undercover in other countries. But you're cool with disclosing all the details about their whereabouts, their current identities, their current missions, etc?

Really?
The government classifies too much. Here is an article about it from 2004 and the issue still remains: https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/ ... 7ab79d733/

By the way, nice exaggeration/complete invention of what I was saying. The world isn't black and white, a narrative you seem to embrace in your arguments. I was suggesting that perhaps the documents Saint Biden has might not be worthy of classification still, due to their being old. The same goes for Trump in a different sense, perhaps, as it could be that Trump had documents that were embarrassing to certain narratives. However, we'll never know because the documents could contain details about undercover operatives or even nuclear secrets. YOU JUST NEVER KNOW! However, we are stuck relying on "witnesses" to tell us what to think. Show me the plates. I don't trust the bozo witnesses.

Of course, your appeal to the fantastic needs to be factored, even though most likely not a factor in these cases. And I'm not advocating revealing war maneuvers or the identities of spies.
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

That is so rich after what the mainstream media did to Carter Paige's business, or Adam Schiff's promise that there was evidence of Russian collusion that he never was able to produce. Now we know that the only real collusion was between the Hillary Clinton campaign and the Obama DOJ to fabricate the Russian collusion narrative in order to shift the focus from the classified information she carried on a private and easily hackable server. But you don't have to take my word for that. Just ask Hillary Clinton's campaign manager.
All we know is that there were relatively few classified materials mixed in with a bunch of other papers.
We now know Biden had classified documents in his garage by his car. I think Biden should stick to his defense that he forgot about the documents. I don't see how anyone could contend with that.
My theory is that the left doesn't want Joe Biden running again. If they sacrifice him, then perhaps it will help the reputation that the DOJ has earned as the swamp's private Gestapo. There's too much evidence of political partisanship in the DOJ that has come out. It's going to be tougher to beat Trump as more attention will be upon cheat my mail voting and ballot harvesting from group homes and nursing homes. I think Democrats realize that without a scamdemic to provide an excuse for cheat by mail voting, Trump very well could beat their candidate again as he did in 2016.
You just answered your own question on why the Deep State would do this. Perhaps this is even a better explanation than the one I posed above.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

ajax18 wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:51 am
That is so rich after what the mainstream media did to Carter Paige's business …
I love it when Xanax self-owns.

Carter Paige:

https://themoscowproject.org/players/ca ... index.html

Also:
… Prigozhin said on Monday he had interfered in U.S. elections and would continue doing so in future, the first such admission from a figure implicated by Washington in efforts to influence American politics.

In comments posted by the press service of his Concord catering firm on Russia's Facebook equivalent VKontakte, Prigozhin said:

"We have interfered (in U.S. elections), we are interfering and we will continue to interfere. Carefully, accurately, surgically and in our own way, as we know how to do."
- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

If there were no deep state, this classified document issue would have come out before the November 2022 election. It would have been leaked to Fox News or conservative media the same way the FBI leaked to the mainstream media during the Russian Collusion hoax. It could be that Biden just took the documents and forgot about them. Kevin's right that this could have been easily hidden. The Mainstream Media could have refused to comment on the story as they did with Hunter's laptop and his financial connections to his father. Whether by accident or intentional, this proves that Biden is unfit to serve as president. But what has usually happened under the two tier justice system is that intent is read into strict liability laws and used as a means to exonerate deep state political leaders as Jim Comey did for Hillary Clinton. Tucker Carlson thinks it's Michelle Obama time in 2024 and this is why the media and the deep state turned on Biden rather than covering for him. One thing I know for sure is that the deep states actions have nothing to do with bipartisanship, other than their efforts to create a public illusion of bipartisanship. Bipartisanship doesn't exist in America today because we are a society in which unlimited bigotry, hate, and discrimination is encouraged when it comes to political party. The justice system has been two tiered for a long time. One standard for the swamp and another standard for those who threaten to drain the swamp. And what about normal working class people? Well one guy found himself in jail for 5 years for taking a photo inside a submarine. Clinton opens classified information on her private server, then she obstructs justice by destroying the server and has her husband try to persuade attorney General Loretta Lynch to not investigate it.

The worst part about this is that the original purpose of classified information was to allow an apolitical DOJ to protect average American people. Now classified information has become a way for the deep state to hide their criminal actions from the American people. The reason a lot of information is marked classified has nothing to do with protecting working class people and everything to do with the deep state covering up their actions and avoiding judgment from voters.

And make no mistake there are plenty of Republicans who either belong to the deep state or don't want to fight the deep state. Look at how hard the Freedom Caucus had to push McCarthy to make him demand the release of the classifed videos from January 6, 2021 that the deep state has kept hidden from the American people along with how many undercover FBI agents were leading the charge into the capital.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Hawkeye
2nd Counselor

Post by Hawkeye »

The new narrative from the Fake News Media, virtually the same people that pushed the BIG LIE of Russia, Russia, Russia, only to go down in flames, is the even more ridiculous story that “what Bidden did isn’t as bad as what Trump did.” Number one, I did NOTHING wrong, have the right as President to “declassify,” had documents in a secure place, put an extra lock on at Radical Left NARA’s request, and was dealing with NARA nicely, as per PRA & Socks, until the FBI broke into Mar-a-Lago..
From Truth Social
The best part about this is waiting four years to see how all the crazy apocalyptic predictions made by the fear mongering idiots in Right Wing media turned out to be painfully wrong...Gasoline would hit $10/gallon. Hyperinflation would ensue.
Veritas
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

You know you've lost any argument or any sense of credibility when you quote the biggest liar in the world from Truth Social.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

https://themoscowproject.org/players/ca ... index.html

Paige met with literal spies and handlers.

- Doc