Biden's Classified Documents

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Res Ipsa
God

Re: Biden's Classified Documents

Post by Res Ipsa »

Xenophon wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:26 pm
honorentheos wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:29 am
I think Xeno and Steuss are right, and there are systemic flaws in the system. It strikes me that so far the leakage we are seeing are civilian politicians whose election to office mandates they be given access to information that is otherwise restricted to folks who have been through training and filters likely to ensure better compliance can be kept and whose careers or freedom are on the line were they to fail to follow procedures that apparently don't translate to high political officers. Were we seeing discoveries in the private home offices of high level CIA directors or military officers I'd be concerned the entire system is broken. As it stands it seems to me the issues are in how permeable the barrier is between professional handlers of classified information and the elected civilians whose access is determined weeks before they are granted that access and then have daily amounts of said material passed through their control until they then give up their seats for the next person who was elected to the job. Something is certainly broken. It isn't that you can't have access to whatever information so you can vote any less intelligently than you do already.
I think you're right on point here, honor. I know some folks on the board have had some experience with classified materials via their military service and I imagine that those experiences don't align with how we are seeing public officials handling these materials. I suspect you could laser focus improvement strategies around how you onboard public officials and their teams, exit protocols for document recovery during transition periods, while also taking a hard look at what precisely we are defining as classified in order to make some meaningful changes and improvements.
Based on what I've read, when someone loses a security clearance (for whatever reason), there is a process they go through designed to make sure they aren't retaining any classified documents. However, because Presidents and Vice Presidents customarily retain their clearances, that process isn't used. I hope something similar is put into place when Presidents and VPs leave office, just to make sure that all classified documents are accounted for.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Moksha
God

Re: Biden's Classified Documents

Post by Moksha »

Hur contradiction in the report:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/GWmf80z1bFo
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace