Biden's Classified Documents

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Vēritās
God

Re: Biden's Classified Documents

Post by Vēritās »

ajax18 wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:50 pm
I don't know yet. But one thing I do know for sure is that the FBI and DOJ are filled with partisan Democrats and the Russian Collusion Hoax was undeniably politically motivated and carried out corrupt FBI agents like Sussman and leakers like Comey. Lady Justice wears no blinders in the US when it comes to political party.
No, you don't "know" that because you can't "know" something that isn't true. These idiotic Alex Jonesque talking points have been thoroughly debunked time and time again, but you just ignore the facts because your fictionalized alternative universe makes you feel more comfortable in your bigoted skin.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Vēritās wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:15 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:50 pm
I don't know yet. But one thing I do know for sure is that the FBI and DOJ are filled with partisan Democrats and the Russian Collusion Hoax was undeniably politically motivated and carried out corrupt FBI agents like Sussman and leakers like Comey. Lady Justice wears no blinders in the US when it comes to political party.
No, you don't "know" that because you can't "know" something that isn't true. These idiotic Alex Jonesque talking points have been thoroughly debunked time and time again, but you just ignore the facts because your fictionalized alternative universe makes you feel more comfortable in your bigoted skin.
It's kind of interesting that FBI knew about these documents before the election and yet somehow nobody leaked this to the media for the next two months. After what happened to Carter Paige and you somehow can tell me the FBI is nonpartisan and convince yourself of that is just astonishing.
Last edited by ajax18 on Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

https://news.yahoo.com/garland-appoints ... .tsrc=1026
Attorney General Merrick Garland announced on Thursday that he is appointing Robert Hur, a former U.S. attorney from Maryland, as special prosecutor to oversee the Justice Department’s investigation into the discovery of classified documents found in two locations associated with President Biden.
Who is Robert Hur?
On November 1, 2017, Hur was nominated by President Donald Trump to be the next United States Attorney for the District of Maryland.
Hur, according to wiki now works for:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gibson_Dunn

From the wiki article it appears Gibson Dunn is a solidly Conservative-oriented law firm.

So. Basically the Deep StateTM is getting really clever by camouflaging itself as an entity that sues itself so it can pass a Big Business agenda so it can hire a Conservative lawyer by a progressive AG in order to protect Biden. damned 5d chess, man.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

I guess the concept of respecting the rule of law is so foreign to some people they are no longer capable of recognizing it when it happens. What they see can only be explained by what they, themselves, would do in that situation. Funny how often those same folks like to excuse their own actions based on how bad they believe the other side acted.

Anyway, good for Garland.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

BIden was saying in 2018 that he no longer had access to classified documents. We now know that was a lie.
Unfortunately, the burden of good people is to live to a much higher standard. The bad people will be as bad as they possibly can. As soon as a good person does the same kind of thing, even if it's a fraction in degree, the bad person will point to that eternally as justification. Just look at the behavior of certain message board participants. It's an analog of the entire political system.

And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

Too bad we won't ever know what's contained in these classified documents (Trump and Biden). It feels like the Mormon Church hiding history and/or not disclosing finances. Maybe the obsession with classifying everything needs a rethink? Democracy needs sunshine to function properly.
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:02 am
BIden was saying in 2018 that he no longer had access to classified documents. We now know that was a lie.
Based on no evidence whatsoever.

Funny how Trump's lies aren't even debatable and you have nothing to say about them because you feel lying is justified so long as it helps your fascist dictator, but then you have to bend over backwards trying to manipulate Biden's words into proving he somehow lied about something. As if anyone here is supposed to believe you really care if a politician lies about anything. Your entire party is predicated on lying, and their most recent member lied about being Jewish just to get elected. But you and McCarthy are OK with that because you need him to be subservient and vote along with the rest of the cult. Same way you didn't care about Herschel lying about trying to kill his wife, being a valedictorian, working as a cop, etc. Because all that matters is winning right? Integrity be damned.
Last edited by Vēritās on Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:53 am, edited 4 times in total.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:38 am
Too bad we won't ever know what's contained in these classified documents (Trump and Biden). It feels like the Mormon Church hiding history and/or not disclosing finances. Maybe the obsession with classifying everything needs a rethink? Democracy needs sunshine to function properly.
Why don't we wait for the process to play out before jumping to conclusions?

Even with the Trump situation, we let the process play out before drawing conclusions, and when it did play itself out, it revealed that he willingly lied and tried to cover up his theft of "HIGHLY" classified documents. We don't know what was stored in Biden's old office or if he stored it there or if he knew about it or how classified those docs were. All we know is that there were relatively few classified materials mixed in with a bunch of other papers.

The fact that a Trump appointee was given the job as special counsel tells me that Biden and Garland are either very bad at this whole "Deep State" thing, or they're simply confident that this is a nothing burger and figured even a Trump appointee wouldn't be able to manufacture a scandal out of it.

At the end of the day it should serve as a lesson to Republicans on what to do and what not to do in these situations. Biden did it right, Trump lied, covered up and then tries to litigate his way out of his lies.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Vēritās wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:44 am
ajax18 wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:02 am
Based on no evidence whatsoever.

Funny how Trump's lies aren't even debatable and you have nothing to say about them because you feel lying is justified so long as it helps your fascist dictator, but then you have to bend over backwards trying to manipulate Biden's words into proving he somehow lied about something. As if anyone here is supposed to believe you really care if a politician lies about anything.
Here’s factcheck.org’s breakdown:

https://www.factcheck.org/2023/01/class ... -to-trump/

Note:
Attorney General Merrick Garland has tapped U.S. Attorney for the Northern District of Illinois John Lausch to review the documents and investigate how they ended up at the Penn Biden Center, sources told the New York Times. The Times said it was told that Lausch, who became a U.S. attorney during the Trump administration in 2017, was chosen because his work was more likely to be viewed as “impartial.”
The Deep State is once again playing 5d chess by assigning a Trump-era attorney to investigate itself. Not that Xanax will click on the link and read the words, but he should rest easy that Trump isn’t as stupid as Biden who just rolls over for the Deep State, that he’s a part of, because, you know, uh, just because he is, ok?

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

Vēritās wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:50 am
Dr Exiled wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:38 am
Why don't we wait for the process to play out before jumping to conclusions?

Even with the Trump situation, we let the process play out before drawing conclusions, and when it did play itself out, it revealed that he willingly lied and tried to cover up his theft of "HIGHLY" classified documents. We don't know what was stored in Biden's old office or if he stored it there or if he knew about it or how classified those docs were. All we know is that there were relatively few classified materials mixed in with a bunch of other papers.

The fact that a Trump appointee was given the job as special counsel tells me that Biden and Garland are either very bad at this whole "Deep State" thing, or they're simply confident that this is a nothing burger and figured even a Trump appointee wouldn't be able to manufacture a scandal out of it.

At the end of the day it should serve as a lesson to Republicans on what to do and what not to do in these situations. Biden did it right, Trump lied, covered up and then tries to litigate his way out of his lies.
Thanks for the Biden defense talking points. My point, however, is the penchant to classify what really should be open to the public. The public needs to know what our government is doing. Do the documents Trump had and Biden has really need to be classified? My understanding is that some of the Biden documents are briefings about Ukraine and other countries. Is the information contained in those documents from the past now out in the open? If so, why the big deal? Let's see the documents. Same with Trump's documents. That'll bring a quick end to this.
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.