FOX NEWS IS A DISGRACE

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Vēritās
God

Re: FOX NEWS IS A DISGRACE

Post by Vēritās »

Regarding the so called "Atlanta Antifa"...

FOX News and Right Wing media are going absolutely insane with the craziest lies about this. Again, why are these people allowed to call themselves news?

Right-wing media's reactions to forest defender's death reveal increasing hostility toward activists

So in short, an environmental activist was killed by cops in Atlanta while protesting the demolition of a forest outside the city. The police claim he shot at them first but other activists contest that claim and the body cameras were conveniently turned off so like we have seen so many times before, we're expected to just take the word of the cops. FOX News most certainly is, and they even lied by saying we know he shot first because of "eye witnesses and the police" saying so, when there were no other eye witnesses aside from the police. So in protest to the killing of this activist, some other members of that environmental group engaged in vandalism by setting ablaze an unoccupied police car.

This played right into the angertainment's fear mongering propaganda and FOX news immediately asserted with no evidence that this was "Antifa!"
On January 24, John Roberts, co-anchor of Fox News’ America Reports, asked whether protesters were “more … about being anti-police than being pro-environment” and parroted far-right commentator Andy Ngo, who called them “spoiled children of privilege trying to burn Atlanta down” in the New York Post. On Newsmax, on January 23, journalist Carolyn Ryan also echoed the idea that the activists only “claim” to want to protect the old-growth forest. Speaking with Roberts on January 24, Juan Williams, who for years served as a “liberal” co-host on Fox News’ The Five, said that “no question these people are from out of city, out of state” and that he hopes the protesters are “put down.”

The brutal murder of Tyre Nichols at the hands of police in neighboring Tennessee showed us, once again, that police use excessive and deadly force under questionable circumstances. Yet without footage, right-wing media have unquestioningly accepted the Atlanta police’s narrative.

On January 23, OAN host Dan Ball called the protesters “environmental whackos” and “defund-the-police Nazis” and insisted, despite conflicting information from Defend the Forest, on characterizing police’s behavior toward the group as peaceful. He also claimed that “police and witnesses” saw Tortuguita shoot first, not mentioning that the only witnesses were the police.

“They had no right to be in that forest,” said Fox News host Jenine Pirro, referring to the protesters on the January 24 segment of Hannity. “Someone from there shoots a cop and that’s what started the whole thing. … They turned it into police violence.

The Daily Wire’s Matt Walsh and former Daily Caller writer Greg Price have suggested that these activists be dismembered, “beaten with a bullwhip, or forced into “labor camps where they spend all day drilling for oil.” Frequent Fox News guest and climate change denier Steve Milloy called climate activists “enemies of humanity.” The Washington Free Beacon put forth the absurd notion that Democrats would soon storm the Capitol over climate change policy. And in an October 14 segment of Tucker Carlson Tonight, Carlson suggested that they should be monitored by the FBI.

Fox News Digital writer Thomas Catenacci often writes about activists embracing extreme tactics. In July, Catenacci falsely claimed that climate activists had embraced “violence” as the “deadline to 'save the planet' draws near.” It’s not uncommon for Fox News journalists to vilify activists who support causes they oppose while defending or downplaying extreme and violent actions of activists whose causes they support.

Antifa, the right’s favorite scapegoat, has become part of the conversation as well, with media figures referring to the movement and forest defenders interchangeably to fearmonger about the protests.

Neo-nazi collaborator Jack Posobiec portrayed Defend the Atlanta Forest as antifa, which right-wing figures have blamed for the January 6 insurrection, as well as other violent incidents.

Fox host Jesse Watters alleged on December 16, without evidence and before the shooting even took place, that Defend the Atlanta Forest was “plotting to kill cops” and that the protesters were “all card-carrying members of antifa.”

Over the past few years, antifa has been used to detract attention from the climate crisis and its impacts. In September 2020, podcaster Joe Rogan and other misinformers blamed antifa for wildfires on the West Coast, and climate activists were similarly blamed for wildfires during Europe’s extreme heat wave this past summer. The right wants people to think climate activists are dangerous, and it seems they’re willing to say anything to support that.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Vēritās wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:28 am
. . . The right wants people to think climate activists are dangerous, and it seems they’re willing to say anything to support that.

My sister, who lives in Oregon, claimed that people with BLM logos on their uniforms and equipment were observed lighting fires near her home, which she had to temporarily evacuate because of its proximity to one of the worst of the fires. I pointed out to her that it was probably the Bureau of Land Management personnel (not Black LIves Matter activists), who are primarily responsible for fighting fires in federally owned lands. What those witnesses certainly saw was Bureau of Land Management firefighters lighting backfires, which is a recognized and approved firefighting technique. They probably saved her home from being burned! It defies all reason that Black Lives Matter activists would be going around maliciously starting wildfires, while advertising who they were by putting BLM logos all over their clothing and equipment!
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Gunnar wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:20 pm
My sister, who lives in Oregon, claimed that people with BLM logos on their uniforms and equipment were observed lighting fires near her home, which she had to temporarily evacuate because of its proximity to one of the worst of the fires. I pointed out to her that it was probably the Bureau of Land Management personnel (not Black LIves Matter activists), who are primarily responsible for fighting fires in federally owned lands. What those witnesses certainly saw was Bureau of Land Management firefighters lighting backfires, which is a recognized and approved firefighting technique. They probably saved her home from being burned! It defies all reason that Black Lives Matter activists would be going around maliciously starting wildfires, while advertising who they were by putting BLM logos all over their clothing and equipment!
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Gunnar wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:20 pm
Vēritās wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:28 am
. . . The right wants people to think climate activists are dangerous, and it seems they’re willing to say anything to support that.

It astonishes me how the Right Wing has become very much like a cult that makes up lies like this. Like Mormons making up stories about garments stopping bullets! This reminds me of one lady on Facebook complaining to the masses that Biden abandoned dozens of F-22 fighter jets in Afghanistan during the withdrawal. I assured her that it wasn't true, but then she and all her friends went completely apeshit and she started making up lies saying that her son was stationed there at the time and he took pictures of them being left at the airport while the last plane took off. There were never any F-22s in Afghanistan.

Of course, we all know for certain that this was all BS, but it served the purpose of fabricating outrage on the Right. That's really all it is today. It is the party of faux outrage and ignorance.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Has FoxNews covered this yet?

Or Breitbart?

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-b ... New Testament-1781163
Speaking to investigative news outlet The Lever, Steven Ditmeyer, a former top official at the Federal Railroad Administration, said the "severity" of the accident was likely increased by the lack of Electronically Controlled Pneumatic (ECP) brakes.

Legislation was passed under President Obama that made it a legal requirement for trains carrying hazardous flammable materials to have ECP brakes, but this was rescinded in 2017 by the Trump administration.

The National Transportation Safety Board, a federal agency responsible for investigating rail accidents, told The Lever that the Ohio train that derailed was not fitted with ECP brakes.

"Would ECP brakes have reduced the severity of this accident? Yes," Ditmeyer said.
- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

I love that the marketers for M&Ms, of all products, screwed with Fox News leading up to and in the Super Bowl. Awesome. Probably the best marketing stunt I can remember.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Some Schmo wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:50 pm
I love that the marketers for M&Ms, of all products, screwed with Fox News leading up to and in the Super Bowl. Awesome. Probably the best marketing stunt I can remember.
So, . . . what did they do?
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:18 am
Some Schmo wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:50 pm
So, . . . what did they do?
Tucker Carlson was complaining about the M&M mascot candies having different shoes; something about him no longer able to get erect off the female candies, or something equally stupid (it's Tucker Carlson, so insert any absurdity here).

M&Ms made an announcement they were going to retire the candy mascots and replace them with Maya Rudolph as their spokesperson. Then during the Super Bowl, they played a mock ad for Ma-Ya, a clam flavored candy (in a very M&M looking package). It was obviously a satirical commercial, because, well, clam flavored candy. People in the ad were making faces eating it.

So a little while later in the game, they ran another ad saying the Candy mascots were back (after a month and one bad ad).

It was great, mostly for the uproar it caused with people taking sides in this idiotic argument. I thought it was brilliant marketing.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Brack
Deacon

Post by Brack »

Court nixes Fox News' bid to end voting tech firm's suit
NEW YORK (AP) — Fox News lost an attempt Tuesday to shut down a multibillion-dollar defamation lawsuit that accuses the network of spreading lies that a voting-technology company helped “steal” the 2020 election from then-U.S. President Donald Trump.

New York's Supreme Court Appellate Division, a mid-level appeals court, ruled against the network, which wanted judges to dismiss the $2.7 billion defamation case.

The company that brought the case, Smartmatic, has said it played a valid and small role in the election. It hailed the ruling as a step toward holding Fox News accountable for amplifying unsupported and damaging claims from Trump's lawyers.
DaveIsHere
Teacher

Post by DaveIsHere »

Fox news literally won a Supreme Court case about them wholely fabricating stories based on their network being Entertainment and not News.
If a Giant's pronouns are "fee, fi, fi, and fum", does that mean short people's pronouns are "oompa, loompa, and doopity-doo"?