COVID VACCINE DEBATE- Must Watch

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Vēritās
God

COVID VACCINE DEBATE- Must Watch

Post by Vēritās »

Neil deGrasse Tyson In Heated Vaccine Debate With Patrick Bet-David

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CquiSjgJNc8&t=451s

I saw him trying to school Bill Maher on this same issue but Bill was speaking over him and ignoring literally every point deGrasse was making. The clip above is a far more detailed exchange which covers all the points. It still amazes me there are people so friggin stupid they think the vaccine "doesn't work" and that it "wasn't tested."

This guy is getting his ass handed to him by deGrasse and then he throws out this, "Have you seen the documentary 'Died Suddenly'"?

He's talking about this crackpot "scandemic documentary" that only people with IQ's at the ajax level would consider reliable.

https://healthfeedback.org/claimreview/ ... -vaccines/
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Gunnar
God

Re: COVID VACCINE DEBATE- Must Watch

Post by Gunnar »

Vēritās wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:44 am
Neil deGrasse Tyson In Heated Vaccine Debate With Patrick Bet-David

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CquiSjgJNc8&t=451s

I saw him trying to school Bill Maher on this same issue but Bill was speaking over him and ignoring literally every point deGrasse was making. The clip above is a far more detailed exchange which covers all the points. It still amazes me there are people so friggin stupid they think the vaccine "doesn't work" and that it "wasn't tested."

This guy is getting his ass handed to him by deGrasse and then he throws out this, "Have you seen the documentary 'Died Suddenly'"?

He's talking about this crackpot "scandemic documentary" that only people with IQ's at the ajax level would consider reliable.

https://healthfeedback.org/claimreview/ ... -vaccines/
It's too bad that deGrasse had not yet seen that documentary and the debunking of it. He probably has by now, though. But even if he had and was able to present it, it probably would not have changed Patrick Bet-David's mind. It seems probable, based on hearing that discussion, that his mind was already firmly made up, and that he was not about to be moved by any evidence Neil might have presented that contradicted his views on the matter.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

The comments below the link are gold. people attacking deGrasse because he's not a medical expert! They're calling him "arrogant, someone who likes o hear himself talk"!

Like the idiot to the left is a medical expert?

I thought it was hilarious that he asked deGrasse with a complete straight face if he had seen that "documentary." Why in the world would anyone who isn't buried deep in conspiracy brain fantasy, have seen such a stupid film?
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

After unexpected death of 6-year-old girl, family becomes target of 'Died Suddenly' anti-vax conspiracy theories

An anti-vax social-media campaign has targeted the family of a 6-year-old girl who died suddenly.

A photo of the child posted on the "Died Suddenly" Twitter blamed her parents for vaccinating her.

#DiedSuddenly is a recent iteration of an online conspiracy spreading disinformation about vaccines.