DELTA-8 Gummy Experience

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
huckelberry
God

Re: DELTA-8 Gummy Experience

Post by huckelberry »

Vēritās wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:58 pm
It took about 2 hours before any kind of feeling kicked in, but one thing I noticed is that whatever I was thinking, I'd forget about it seconds later. Like I would be watching TV and changing the channel not remember what it was I was just watching, or even thinking. I noticed this during my "experience" so I tried experimenting by writing down a word or a color and then walking off for three seconds before trying to remember what it was I wrote down. 10 times out of 10 I failed.

I didn't like it. It made my brain feel kinds weird, not in a good way, and I just remember my wife's reaction being quite different. She was sitting on the other side of the couch constantly laughing out loud while having a loud conversation in Portuguese with some imaginary person.

Every once a while she'd look directly at me and just start laughing because I just had a blank look on my face with no reaction during the entire "experience" and whenever I spoke it would be very slow one word remarks.

Is this what hype is about? Or is doing the "real thing" a different kind of experience? Because I really didn't enjoy it at all.
Veritas, My first reading of your reaction was that you got way too much and had a consequently unpleasant experience. People who ingest frequently take larger doses than are pleasant for others. Still it is possible you are just a person not inclinded to like pot. I have a friend who back in the day had friends who smoked lots of pot. He didn't like the stuff so simply passed on taking any.

It might be added that there is some variety of experiences people have and part of it is an intentional mental participation by the individual.
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:28 pm
Back in the day of dirt roads and horse pulled rigs, we used to buy a nickel or dime bag off the street, the BF and I. Never liked it. Never got high off it and never got high off hash either. Beer was better.

So Veritas I can identify with your experience and your conclusions. If you don't like it, don't do it. If you want to give another strain a go, then do it. You're not supposed to ingest the whole gummy the first time out. You do it in bits and work your way up to wherever you'd like to hang out. Same thing with edibles. So if you did ingest the whole gummy, maybe go back to square one and try again.
Seems like good advice you have for Veritas Jersey Girl.

Speaking of back in the day I really do not have detailed verification but from the way people talk I get a strong impression that all the good pot went up in smoke out west and only the reject made it out east of the Mississippi. Or back east people sold the stay hemp growing loose back there. Once I was walking a country road in Iowa and was surprised to find pot growing on the road side. Out of curiosity I dried and smoked a little. Rather like smoking dandelions.
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

My wife who did not try pot back in the day has found that a medical mix of cbd with some thc helps pain. We visit the pot store and I amuse myself with the whole idea of such a store actually existing. I enjoy the smell which reminds me of some good times in the past but I feel little desire to pursue it now.

song runs through my mind,.." flying into Los Angeles, bring in a couple of Keys, please mr customs man, don't inspect my bags...... "
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

It definitely takes getting used to. I also found that smoking v. edibles is a different experience. Smoking it hits you right away and so you can gauge your dose better and I found that edibles are a different high, perhaps because it creeps on you.

I've never tried Delta-8, unless its that fake pot (spice) that was the rage a few years back. I had a source to the real thing and only tried spice a few times (the bad reports on spice also dissuaded me). I thought it was a lot harsher and less pleasant.

Funny thing, though, I don't really smoke that much since it was legalized. Perhaps its a function of age?
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
msnobody
Prophet

Post by msnobody »

huckelberry wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:24 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:28 pm
Back in the day of dirt roads and horse pulled rigs, we used to buy a nickel or dime bag off the street, the BF and I. Never liked it. Never got high off it and never got high off hash either. Beer was better.

So Veritas I can identify with your experience and your conclusions. If you don't like it, don't do it. If you want to give another strain a go, then do it. You're not supposed to ingest the whole gummy the first time out. You do it in bits and work your way up to wherever you'd like to hang out. Same thing with edibles. So if you did ingest the whole gummy, maybe go back to square one and try again.

Speaking of back in the day I really do not have detailed verification but from the way people talk I get a strong impression that all the good pot went up in smoke out west and only the reject made it out east of the Mississippi. Or back east people sold the stay hemp growing loose back there. Once I was walking a country road in Iowa and was surprised to find pot growing on the road side. Out of curiosity I dried and smoked a little. Rather like smoking dandelions.
Would that be people from the West or East talking?

As the saying goes… it’s all grown at somebody’s home.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

msnobody wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:07 pm
huckelberry wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:24 am

Speaking of back in the day I really do not have detailed verification but from the way people talk I get a strong impression that all the good pot went up in smoke out west and only the reject made it out east of the Mississippi. Or back east people sold the stray hemp growing loose back there. Once I was walking a country road in Iowa and was surprised to find pot growing on the road side. Out of curiosity I dried and smoked a little. Rather like smoking dandelions.
Would that be people from the West or East talking?

As the saying goes… it’s all grown at somebody’s home.
Hi msnobody, I am thinking of such a general impression that I cannot be sure who is to blame. I could be making an exaggeration and perhaps inviting other views. By back in the day I mean before about 1977.

"Its all grown at somebody home" is a phrase I have never heard before. It would seem you may be from a different area, (possibly east of the Mississippi?) Out here it was from south of the boarder then from out in the hills of northern california, southwest oregon or perhaps British Columbia... I guess that all could include somebodies home.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Bret Ripley wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:02 am
Doctor Steuss wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:38 pm
If I remember correctly, there was an animal study a short time back ...
I think I may have read about that -- it was an in-depth study of the effects of cannabis on seabirds. They left no tern unstoned.
Good gravy, I love you. Lol.