My Facebook Post went viral on Reddit

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Vēritās
God

My Facebook Post went viral on Reddit

Post by Vēritās »

So I went on Facebook marketplace to sell my aquarium because during New Years a kid cranked up the heater and killed all my fish. The next day I get several inquires about it and then one guy informed me that my post had been shared on Reddit, and the comments section just really made my day. It was in a thread called something like "kidsarefuckingstupid" lol

https://www.reddit.com/r/KidsAreFucking ... e_tap=true
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
honorentheos
God

Re: My Facebook Post went viral on Reddit

Post by honorentheos »

How funny. I saw this on Reddit last week. Small world.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Holy cow, what a sad loss. Did you at least drop-kick the kid?
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

honorentheos wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:45 pm
:lol:

Are you shittin me?
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:30 pm
Holy cow, what a sad loss. Did you at least drop-kick the kid?
They had already left but it was worse than that, she did something to cause the filter water to drain out of the tank by placing something on top of the tank glass and the water spill over hit it and made it gradually drip onto the floor. I lost about 3 gallons of water all together and most of it seeped through the floor and into the basement.

To be honest I was too hammered to be upset. This literally happened like 10 minutes after the NY countdown and Georgia winning the National Championship which happened 4 seconds before that. I had something like 70 people crammed in my living room going nuts. No one was really paying much attention to the girls between 6 and 9 who were just roaming around the house doing whatever the hell they wanted.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Holy cow. Just read the whole story as you posted it in the thread. SMH at the reaction of the parent.

Very cool that your post went viral. Not cool at all that it happened. :cry:
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Vēritās wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:01 pm
honorentheos wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:45 pm

Are you shittin me?
No, it popped up in a feed as something I may be interested in. And I thought it was a crazy story that may be missing details as to how the exchange with the kid's parents went down. It definitely found it's way to the right subreddit :)
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

honorentheos wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:43 pm
Vēritās wrote:

Are you shittin me?
No, it popped up in a feed as something I may be interested in. And I thought it was a crazy story that may be missing details as to how the exchange with the kid's parents went down. It definitely found it's way to the right subreddit :)
That's funny I'm not that familiar with reddit, and I was first introduced to it by clicking on one of the several links doc provided occasionally.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

honorentheos wrote:
Vēritās wrote:

Are you shittin me?
I read that too. 700 comments, or so! The extra details you gave were fascinating, veritas, thanks for that.

More evidence no good deed goes unpunished, eh?
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Vēritās wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:20 pm
honorentheos wrote:

That's funny I'm not that familiar with reddit, and I was first introduced to it by clicking on one of the several links doc provided occasionally.
So, to satisfy my own curiosity, did you end up selling everything?