My Facebook Post went viral on Reddit

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
honorentheos
God

Re: My Facebook Post went viral on Reddit

Post by honorentheos »

Also, my observation is every subreddit has a personality. I ended up on it due to some gaming subs being outlets for information and resources. Then I started checking news subs, stuff about Ukraine, etc. WCGW and the kids are damned stupid subs found their way in because, well, they can be funny in a schadenfreude kind of way. But I don't enjoy the exmo sub. Nor the political subs. It's kind of random what lands and sticks.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

honorentheos wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:45 am
Vēritās wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:20 pm

That's funny I'm not that familiar with reddit, and I was first introduced to it by clicking on one of the several links doc provided occasionally.
So, to satisfy my own curiosity, did you end up selling everything?
I sold the stand today and everything else yesterday. The guy yesterday drove from Tennessee to get it all but he didn't have room for the stand or the platform I built to have it raised.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Vēritās wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:16 am
honorentheos wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:45 am

So, to satisfy my own curiosity, did you end up selling everything?
I sold the stand today and everything else yesterday. The guy yesterday drove from Tennessee to get it all but he didn't have room for the stand or the platform I built to have it raised.
Thanks for the update!
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Vēritās wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:05 pm
No one was really paying much attention to the girls between 6 and 9 who were just roaming around the house doing whatever the hell they wanted.
Did you at least confront the parents about it?

PROTIP: Never party at your own house.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

...there were four little Chinese girls between the ages of 6-9 who were there with their two single Moms. I didn't invite them.
Surprised you didn't get the Reddit treatment for this.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:31 pm
...there were four little Chinese girls between the ages of 6-9 who were there with their two single Moms. I didn't invite them.
Surprised you didn't get the Reddit treatment for this.
My wife's friend Erica is a single Mom of two kids. They're good friends and last year they took a trip to Dubai together just the two of them. She called us on NYE and asked if she could swing by to celebrate the countdown with her two girls. What she didn't say is that she had another friend with her who was also a single Mom with two girls roughly the same age. They arrived around 11pm and left about 12:30am. It wasn't until shortly after they left that we realized there was water all over the floor and all the fish had vanished. They were at the bottom under rocks hyperventilating trying to survive the heat.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Did you confront them about what their kids did?
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:08 am
Did you confront them about what their kids did?
No, because I didn't know the women. But my wife called her friend the next day and she apologized on behalf of her other friend (the mom of the kid who did this), but she called my wife back the next day to say her friend denied it was her kid because she wasn't tall enough to reach the top of the glass. Which made no sense because the switch that adjusted the water temperature was dangling along the side of if about 2 feet off the ground and I had already got on to her about messing with the aquarium before I became too inebriated to care.