From: Disabled Veteran: George Santos Took $3K from Dying Dog's GoFundMe

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
ajax18
God

From: Disabled Veteran: George Santos Took $3K from Dying Dog's GoFundMe

Post by ajax18 »

If Ms. Sheila Jackson-Lee's bill passes, DocCam would be guilty of a felony because he is a white man criticizing a person of color. The fact that what George Santos is an actual scumbag and that DocCam's statement is true wouldn't matter under this bill.

Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee introduced the Leading Against White Supremacy Act of 2023, which aims "to prevent and prosecute white supremacy inspired hate crime."

College professor claims he’s being fired for asking questions during campus diversity meeting
Space race: Astrophysicist says field is riddled with ‘white supremacy’
California university will no longer use the word ‘field’ over racist connotation
Chris Harrison: I had ‘deteriorated,’ was stalked after ‘Bachelor’ exit
US Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee has introduced a bill aimed at fighting “white supremacy” by attaching criminal charges to certain forms of hate speech.

The Texas Democrat introduced the Leading Against White Supremacy Act of 2023, which aims “to prevent and prosecute white supremacy inspired hate crime and conspiracy to commit white supremacy inspired hate crime.”

The conspiracy addition means people who use hate speech online could face criminal charges under the legislation even if they don’t act on their threats.

That includes a person who publishes “material advancing white supremacy, white supremacist ideology, antagonism based on ‘replacement theory,’ or hate speech that vilifies or is otherwise directed against any non-white person or group.”

The text of the bill specifically lists social media platforms as one area where hate speech could result in criminal consequences — if that hate speech motivates another person to go out and commit a racist crime against others.

“Mass shootings and other hate crimes motivated by white supremacy have been increasing in frequency and intensity,” the bill states. “These heinous and virulent crimes are inspired by conspiracy theories, blatant bigotry and mythical falsehoods such as ‘replacement theory.’ All instances must be prevented and severe criminal penalties must be applied to their perpetrators.”

Vice President Kamala Harris and her husband Doug Emhoff visit a memorial near the site of the Buffalo supermarket shooting after attending a memorial service for Ruth Whitfield, one of the victims of the shooting, on May 28, 2022, in Buffalo, New York.
Vice President Kamala Harris and husband Doug Emhoff visit a memorial near the site of the hate-fueled Buffalo supermarket shooting.
AP
In the most recent hate-fueled mass shooting, a 19-year-old white supremacist gunned down 10 people inside a Buffalo supermarket in a predominantly black neighborhood that he targeted for its demographics.

Before the May massacre, the teen posted a racist manifesto online planning the attack because he cared “for the future of the white race,” prosecutors said.

He pleaded guilty to the murders in November.

It’s unlikely Jackson Lee’s legislation will pass in the Republican-controlled chamber.

https://nypost.com/2023/01/17/texas-rep ... supremacy/
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Vēritās
God

Re: Disabled Veteran: George Santos Took $3K From Dying Dog's GoFundMe

Post by Vēritās »

That idiotic response is the worst case of "squirrel" I've ever seen.

Hitlejax probably believes there is food containing aborted fetuses because because some Texas Republicans are trying to pass a law forcing the FDA to label food as such, even though no such food exists.

Meanwhile, Santo's lies prove he's nothing short of a flippin sociopath. Which makes sense that he ran as a Republican.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Hawkeye
2nd Counselor

Re: Disabled Veteran: George Santos Took $3K From Dying Dog's GoFundMe

Post by Hawkeye »

Meanwhile, Santo's lies prove he's nothing short of a flippin sociopath. Which makes sense that he ran as a Republican.
Now if someone you don't even know were to assault or kill George Santos, you as a white man will be guilty of a felony according to Ms. Sheila Jackson Lee's bill. It doesn't even matter whether you know the suspect or not.
The best part about this is waiting four years to see how all the crazy apocalyptic predictions made by the fear mongering idiots in Right Wing media turned out to be painfully wrong...Gasoline would hit $10/gallon. Hyperinflation would ensue.
Veritas
Res Ipsa
God

Re: From: Disabled Veteran: George Santos Took $3K from Dying Dog's GoFundMe

Post by Res Ipsa »

Split Thread UR 4.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Res Ipsa
God

Re: From: Disabled Veteran: George Santos Took $3K from Dying Dog's GoFundMe

Post by Res Ipsa »

Ajax, I’m afraid you’ve allowed yourself to be wound up by the same folks that wind you up on a regular basis. The bill you refer to does not subject anyone to criminal liability for merely criticizing someone else.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.