NFL Playoffs 2023

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Re: NFL Playoffs 2023

Post by Dr. Shades »

Some Schmo wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:56 pm
Brack wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:54 pm
The Philadelphia Eagles are going to the Super Bowl.
Yeah, I hope KC kicks the crap out of them, but I don't think they will.
Why do you hope for that and not for the opposite?
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:48 am
Some Schmo wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:56 pm
Yeah, I hope KC kicks the crap out of them, but I don't think they will.
I like KC more than Philadelphia.

It's weird - I can't seem to cheer for anyone in the NFC East. It's my least favorite division.

Then you've got the AFC West, where I like three out of the four teams (I will never be able to cheer for the Raiders).

And I'll tell you right up front that there is nothing rational about these feelings. It's just where I'm at after watching the league for over 30 years.

ETA: I should point out that my least hated team in the NFC East is Philadelphia, so if I had to cheer for someone in that division, it'd be them. But against KC, it's no contest who I'm going for.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Brack
Deacon

Post by Brack »

The KC Chiefs are Super Bowl Champions!!!
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Brack wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:35 am
Pretty great game, too.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Some Schmo wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:19 am
Brack wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:35 am
Pretty great game, too.
I was pleasantly surprised by how good a game it was. Both teams played very well and either one of them would have been a deserving winner had it won. I really had no particular preference for either team. I am merely disappointed that the Forty-niners were not in the game.

It is remarkable that there were a couple of brothers in the game but on opposite sides. Whichever side won the same mother would have been very proud!
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Gunnar wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:43 am
Both teams played very well and either one of them would have been a deserving winner had it won.
That's true about every game. Had the winner not "deserved" to win, it would've lost.
It is remarkable that there were a couple of brothers in the game but on opposite sides. Whichever side won the same mother would have been very proud!
But one brother would have been--nay, will be--very embarrassed at the victory party at Mom's house afterward.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Some Schmo wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:49 pm
Dr. Shades wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:48 am

I like KC more than Philadelphia.

It's weird - I can't seem to cheer for anyone in the NFC East. It's my least favorite division.

Then you've got the AFC West, where I like three out of the four teams (I will never be able to cheer for the Raiders).

And I'll tell you right up front that there is nothing rational about these feelings. It's just where I'm at after watching the league for over 30 years.

ETA: I should point out that my least hated team in the NFC East is Philadelphia, so if I had to cheer for someone in that division, it'd be them. But against KC, it's no contest who I'm going for.
Did it bother you that Andy Reid is an active member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints?
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Philadelphia Eagles Fans Flip Car Before Super Bowl Even Starts

Philadelphia Eagles fans lived up to their notorious reputation on Sunday when they took to the streets and flipped a car before the Super Bowl even started.

Footage of the violent moment immediately began circulating on social media. Per Daily Mail:

Some can be heard screaming ‘No, don’t do it’ as the fans get in position to overturn the car.

Several fans got on one side of the vehicle and managed to get enough strength between them to flip the whole thing completely over.

Philadelphia fans climbed street poles while celebrating the Eagles run to the Super Bowl title back in 2018.

Eagles fans gave the world a glimpse of what to expect should they win the Super Bowl after beating the 49ers at the NFC Championship.

“Several Eagles fans were seen collapsing through a glass bus stop canopy in the hours following the team’s NFC Championship victory last month,” noted the Mail. “Footage showed nearly a dozen Eagles fans standing atop the glass structure, which shattered, dropping everyone to the crowded street below. The video did not show the aftermath of the incident.”

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2023/0 ... en-starts/
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:57 am
Gunnar wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:43 am
Both teams played very well and either one of them would have been a deserving winner had it won.
That's true about every game. Had the winner not "deserved" to win, it would've lost.
But one brother would have been--nay, will be--very embarrassed at the victory party at Mom's house afterward.
No way. That Mom has two sons, both with great jobs and both prominently featured in the top NFL game of the year. There will only be an abundance of pride and appreciation and love, for both.

(Besides, Jason Kelce’s wife is so pregnant they flew her obgyn to the game with her. The party might be in a maternity ward.)
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Marcus wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:14 pm
No way. That Mom has two sons, both with great jobs and both prominently featured in the top NFL game of the year. There will only be an abundance of pride and appreciation and love, for both.
Yes, on her part, of course. The brother on the losing team (not his mother) will be feeling rather sheepish at the victory party his mom throws.