Jim Jordan's Defense of McEnany

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Gunnar
God

Jim Jordan's Defense of McEnany

Post by Gunnar »

Jim Jordan Asked A Question About Kayleigh McEnany. It Did Not Go Well.
Rep. Jim Jordan’s (R-Ohio) latest attempted dig at Democrats on Twitter did not go down well.

On Thursday, Jordan heaped praise on Donald Trump White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany, writing she “wasn’t scared to answer tough questions.”

“Why’s the Biden White House?” he added.

Critics immediately reminded the Ohio congressman of McEnany’s penchant for pushing falsehoods and defending the baseless assertions of former President Donald Trump.

That’s despite McEnany, who is now a host on Fox News, vowing to journalists during her very first briefing: “I will never lie to you. You have my word on that.”

“Cuz it’s easy to lie,” one commenter fired back.

Said another: “When you’re a shameless liar, answers are easy to come by, Gym.” [emphasis added]

Some Twitter users also recalled Jordan’s alleged ignoring of molestation allegations against the team doctor during his time as an assistant wrestling coach at Ohio State University. He denies those claims. They also remembered his refusal to cooperate with the House committee investigating the U.S. Capitol riot on Jan. 6, 2021.
That is so right! It is easy to come with an answer to almost any question if one is a shameless liar. Even Republicans should have no difficulty seeing what an egregious liar she was as Trump's press secretary.

For that matter, the same could be justly said of Sarah Huckabee Sanders, who is now the Governor of Arkansas.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Alphus and Omegus
Area Authority

Re: Jim Jordan's Defense of McEnany

Post by Alphus and Omegus »

Jordan absolutely fears tough questions. This is just posturing.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

I wonder what percentage of the GOP base doesn't realize their party rarely tells the truth. I bet it's depressingly high. It has to be, since these people are the worst damned liars I've ever seen. Nothing they say is believable, which makes their lies idiotic and easily transparent.

Yeah, I've just decided most GOP voters are damned thoughtless/stupid/gullible. What other explanation is there?
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Alphus and Omegus
Area Authority

Post by Alphus and Omegus »

Some Schmo wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:04 pm
I wonder what percentage of the GOP base doesn't realize their party rarely tells the truth. I bet it's depressingly high. It has to be, since these people are the worst damned liars I've ever seen. Nothing they say is believable, which makes their lies idiotic and easily transparent.

Yeah, I've just decided most GOP voters are damned thoughtless/stupid/gullible. What other explanation is there?
Some of it is lower intelligence, but there are plenty who are smart but just ignorant of facts.

Most Trump fans know almost nothing about progressive viewpoints. They just watch Fox and it lies to them but also censors stories that are inconvenient. They don't know, for instance, that many January 6th rioters had guns, knives, and other weapons. Fox explicitly refused to broadcast the hearings about it to protect their audience's fragile understanding of the world.

It all goes back to the idea that anything that challenges their feelings is false and the product of "liberal bias."
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Alphus and Omegus wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:42 pm
Some Schmo wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:04 pm

Some of it is lower intelligence, but there are plenty who are smart but just ignorant of facts.

Most Trump fans know almost nothing about progressive viewpoints. They just watch Fox and it lies to them but also censors stories that are inconvenient. They don't know, for instance, that many January 6th rioters had guns, knives, and other weapons. Fox explicitly refused to broadcast the hearings about it to protect their audience's fragile understanding of the world.

It all goes back to the idea that anything that challenges their feelings is false and the product of "liberal bias."
Genuinely smart people seek out opposing viewpoints and try not to live in an information bubble. If all someone is doing to become aware of what's happening in the world is watching Fox News, I'm not sure I'd consider that person very smart. You can only blame ignorance so much.

Fox News is for dummies (the prime time crap, anyway). I'm fairly certain a smart person would stop watching that nonsense after it became obvious how full of crap they are (one episode of idiot Carlson should do the trick).

Also, as I've mentioned before, embracing racism is just a specific brand of stupidity, but make no mistake, it is pure stupidity. Fox News dog whistles sounding off every 15 minutes should give anyone with average intelligence a clue Fox is not a purveyor of actual news.

ETA: And of course, we can't forget that some people are simply assholes. They could be entirely aware of what's happening on the right and enjoy it.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.