The race card trumps the gender card again

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Alphus and Omegus
Area Authority

Re: The race card trumps the gender card again

Post by Alphus and Omegus »

Great example of broken right wing thinking by the OP.
Morley
God
Location: Raphael, Saint Catherine of Alexandria, 1507–1509 (detail)

Post by Morley »

Bret Ripley
2nd Counselor

Post by Bret Ripley »

Morley wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:56 pm
Beautifully done, sir!

(Unfortunately, it may be just another example of anti-white racism but I won't know for certain until Breitbart tells me so.)
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

ajax18 wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:18 am
canpakes wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:23 pm

Because of his Greek father, or Malay mother?

Can you explain what’s going on with your thought process?
Kyrgios has always complained that he's penalized more harshly for his on court antics because of his skin color/race, so yes his Malay mother. There were numerous calls to have Sasha Zverev suspended from the ATP tour for alleged domestic violence. But since this allegation was made while Zverev, (a Russian speaking German citizen) was in Moscow and no actual charges were brought in Russia or Germany, the ATP ultimately didn't move on the suspension. As far as I know, nobody is calling for Kyrgios to be suspended. Correct me if I'm wrong but nobody in the tennis world is even talking about the Kyrgios case.

But it is amazing to me that the judge was able to say, "Ok you've admitted that you physically assaulted your ex girlfriend, but since you were depressed, we're going to let you off the hook without any legal consequences." I suppose we have similar things in the USA like therapeutic jurisprudence. But even OJ Simpson had to deny, allege racism against the LAPD, systemic racism in the criminal justice system, and spend a long trial and bankrupt himself to be acquitted of murdering his exwife and her boyfriend. Ultimately the race card trumped the gender card in that case as well so there are definitely similar precedents set in both the USA and Australian legal systems.
For first offenses, courts routinely in Nevada will dismiss a case provided certain conditions are met, such as paying a fine, taking domestic violence classes, and staying out of trouble for 6 months. The defendant pleads no contest usually, then fulfills the conditions, and the case is then dismissed. Judges have the power to dismiss these types of cases without requiring conditions as well. While I haven't seen a guilty plea result in a dismissal without conditions, it isn't out of the question. In the Kyrgios case, he pushed his then girl friend. He tried to use mental health as an excuse but the judge rejected that defense. No injuries resulted from the push. The judge considered it low level and then dismissed the case notwithstanding the guilty plea. https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/03/tennis/n ... index.html I don't see the where the race card was even played.
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:27 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:18 am

Kyrgios has always complained that he's penalized more harshly for his on court antics because of his skin color/race, so yes his Malay mother. There were numerous calls to have Sasha Zverev suspended from the ATP tour for alleged domestic violence. But since this allegation was made while Zverev, (a Russian speaking German citizen) was in Moscow and no actual charges were brought in Russia or Germany, the ATP ultimately didn't move on the suspension. As far as I know, nobody is calling for Kyrgios to be suspended. Correct me if I'm wrong but nobody in the tennis world is even talking about the Kyrgios case.

But it is amazing to me that the judge was able to say, "Ok you've admitted that you physically assaulted your ex girlfriend, but since you were depressed, we're going to let you off the hook without any legal consequences." I suppose we have similar things in the USA like therapeutic jurisprudence. But even OJ Simpson had to deny, allege racism against the LAPD, systemic racism in the criminal justice system, and spend a long trial and bankrupt himself to be acquitted of murdering his exwife and her boyfriend. Ultimately the race card trumped the gender card in that case as well so there are definitely similar precedents set in both the USA and Australian legal systems.
For first offenses, courts routinely in Nevada will dismiss a case provided certain conditions are met, such as paying a fine, taking domestic violence classes, and staying out of trouble for 6 months. The defendant pleads no contest usually, then fulfills the conditions, and the case is then dismissed. Judges have the power to dismiss these types of cases without requiring conditions as well. While I haven't seen a guilty plea result in a dismissal without conditions, it isn't out of the question. In the Kyrgios case, he pushed his then girl friend. He tried to use mental health as an excuse but the judge rejected that defense. No injuries resulted from the push. The judge considered it low level and then dismissed the case notwithstanding the guilty plea. https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/03/tennis/n ... index.html I don't see the where the race card was even played.
Maybe the race card wasn't played, I just think it helped Nick in this case. Maybe the knee injury helped? Do you think OJ SImpson's race helped him get acquitted? And I have seen more than a few feminists in the tennis world angry about this verdict. I wanted to remind them that under the leftwing intersectional hierarchy the race card trumps the gender card.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

ajax18 wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:24 pm
Dr Exiled wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:27 pm

Maybe the race card wasn't played, I just think it helped Nick in this case. Maybe the knee injury helped? Do you think OJ SImpson's race helped him get acquitted? And I have seen more than a few feminists in the tennis world angry about this verdict. I wanted to remind them that under the leftwing intersectional hierarchy the race card trumps the gender card.
Oooooooh. This was just a thinly veiled OP to talk about Blacks and uppity women.

Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.