State of the Union

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Some Schmo
God

Re: State of the Union

Post by Some Schmo »

canpakes wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:58 pm
Some Schmo wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:41 pm
Sarah Huckabee has resting constipated face. She always looks like she's trying to squeeze one out.
At least, for Sarah, the hyperbole and conspiracies flow much more freely.
No doubt. GOP pundits are the psyllium for conspiracy crap.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:10 pm
canpakes wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:07 pm

Stay-at-home moms shouldn’t be allowed to vote?
It’s actually a far-Right premise that only landowners and heads of households should have the right to vote. I wouldn’t be surprised if Andrew Xanackson up there feels the same.

- Doc
People used to make a living from the land they owned. Now we earn a living by working a job. The founding father's would have only allowed people who work for a living to vote had they written the Constitution when we earned a living from our work in a restaurant or factory rather than on a homestead or farm.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:05 am
People used to make a living from the land they owned. Now we earn a living by working a job. The founding father's would have only allowed people who work for a living to vote had they written the Constitution when we earned a living from our work in a restaurant or factory rather than on a homestead or farm.
How did they end up "owning" their land, do you even know?

The Founding Fathers only allowed land owning white males to vote. They don't live in today's America so what they would say or think today isn't important. They're dead, and their views are outdated and racist.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

FobbKIEXgAA2EUG.jpeg
FobbKIEXgAA2EUG.jpeg (90.87 KiB) Viewed 317 times
FobbMUBWAAETyRm.jpeg
FobbMUBWAAETyRm.jpeg (75.32 KiB) Viewed 317 times
FocW3wBWAAMvz8H.jpeg
FocW3wBWAAMvz8H.jpeg (70.3 KiB) Viewed 317 times
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

FocW7P7XoAAOEcc.jpeg
FocW7P7XoAAOEcc.jpeg (70.28 KiB) Viewed 317 times
FodRrmCWAAMLG4-.jpeg
FodRrmCWAAMLG4-.jpeg (93.54 KiB) Viewed 317 times
FogOA07WIAIuA6A.jpeg
FogOA07WIAIuA6A.jpeg (85.44 KiB) Viewed 317 times
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

FoghQHBXwAAqoye.jpeg
FoghQHBXwAAqoye.jpeg (108.03 KiB) Viewed 317 times
Foglh9-XsAAjjDo.jpeg
Foglh9-XsAAjjDo.jpeg (76.88 KiB) Viewed 317 times
Foh1qw1X0AA7QfT.jpeg
Foh1qw1X0AA7QfT.jpeg (80.36 KiB) Viewed 317 times
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:05 am
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:10 pm
It’s actually a far-Right premise that only landowners and heads of households should have the right to vote. I wouldn’t be surprised if Andrew Xanackson up there feels the same.

- Doc
Yet, they didn’t. They left the decision over who should vote to the States, and many States did not require a voter to be solely a male landowner or job holder.

Check it out: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timelin ... of%20color.

It is also fact that most people in America, at any time in our history, did not earn their living from land that they owned outright. James Madison was acutely aware of this when discussing the matter of who should be allowed to vote, and of the inherent compromise in limiting the vote to landowners. See his commentary on this here: http://memory.loc.gov/cgi-bin/ampage?co ... recNum=453
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

canpakes wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:56 am
It is also fact that most people in America, at any time in our history, did not earn their living from land that they owned outright.

The idea the normal way of earning a living in (say) North America around the time of the revolutionary war or the following decades was by owning land that you worked yourself is odd, to say the least.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Unless you're working and paying some kind of income tax, you shouldn't be voting. That's the only thing that will stop the conflict of interests that continues to lead to astronomical amounts of debt.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:41 am
Unless you're working and paying some kind of income tax, you shouldn't be voting. That's the only thing that will stop the conflict of interests that continues to lead to astronomical amounts of debt.
So, are you saying that anyone who is laid off from their job or fired for any reason should not be allowed to vote until they find another job?
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.