State of the Union

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
ajax18
God

Re: State of the Union

Post by ajax18 »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:02 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:14 pm
Why would I blame MJT? The Democrats are the ones who pushed to the lockdown insanity. That's why people couldn't go to work and keep their jobs. Now if you're out rioting for BLM then that's more important than spreading COVID but not going to work. Going to work, that's just selfish and those people have blood on their hands.
As I've shared with you previously both in summary and by providing the web archive to the actual Trump booklet on the White House website (I don't know why I'm bothering to remind you again, other than sadism and post count padding), President Donald Trump's COVID guidelines that he issued to Governors to follow was far more restrictive, and would have resulted in more and longer lockdowns than what the majority of Democrats "pushed."

That he turned around and attacked people who followed parts of his guidelines, blaming his procedures and guidelines on Democrats, is one of the Trumpiest things he did in his presidency. My favorite was when he tweeted "Liberate Minnesota" a week after they implemented the initial phase of his guidelines.
I don't have to agree with Trump on everything. Are you going to sit here and try to tell me with a straight face that the right wanted the lockdowns and the left wanted to get back to work?
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:26 pm
Doctor Steuss wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:02 pm

As I've shared with you previously both in summary and by providing the web archive to the actual Trump booklet on the White House website (I don't know why I'm bothering to remind you again, other than sadism and post count padding), President Donald Trump's COVID guidelines that he issued to Governors to follow was far more restrictive, and would have resulted in more and longer lockdowns than what the majority of Democrats "pushed."

That he turned around and attacked people who followed parts of his guidelines, blaming his procedures and guidelines on Democrats, is one of the Trumpiest things he did in his presidency. My favorite was when he tweeted "Liberate Minnesota" a week after they implemented the initial phase of his guidelines.
I don't have to agree with Trump on everything. Are you going to sit here and try to tell me with a straight face that the right wanted the lockdowns and the left wanted to get back to work?
One Republican President and 19 of the 26 Republican governors issued stay-at-home orders:

https://ballotpedia.org/States_that_iss ... emic,_2020

Once again Xanax shows his ignorance while simultaneously demonstrating the Right’s inability to ever accept responsibility for anything they do. Whatever happened to “the buck stops here?”

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Recent Congressional hearings might shed some light:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBA7MA3qBM4

Hope that helps.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Moksha wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:03 am
Recent Congressional hearings might shed some light:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBA7MA3qBM4

Hope that helps.
This is actually great. I hope board members watch it.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:26 pm

1. There were no "lockdowns". That's pure hyperbole that was created ad hoc by idiots like you. During the pandemic nothing was "locked down." There wasn't a single week during the pandemic in which I was unable to leave my home, go for a walk, take a trip cross country, go to the grocery story to buy food, drive to Home Depot to buy building supplies, take my kids skating to the roller rink, etc. What happened is several privately owned companies made the corporate decision to either close or enforce mask wearing because, you know, there was this invisible thing that was killing thousands of Americans every day and the chances of anyone getting it corresponded to them going into crowds of people.

2. It has been proven to you time and time again that Trump was President during the pandemic and he was in full support of these mitigation measures and even said we'd probably have to endure it for at least six months. He only changed his mind after FOX News convinced him the "cure was worse than the disease." This was based on nothing more than a Republican need to salvage the upcoming election. Because he is a weak leader whose policies and decisions are given to him by uneducated morons on television and all he cares about is himself. Like you, he didn't really care how many idiot old right wing voters ended up dying for the sake of his own vanity. All he cared about was staying in power and FOX News convinced him that couldn't happen unless he gaslit the entire nation and made us believe COVID was a big nothing burger.

3. This "get back to work" nonsense is just that, nonsense. You cannot show us any example where people were forced to leave work because of something Democrats did. And it still amazes us how you think Democrats are so powerful and Republicans are so weak that the Dems can dictate everything during a Republican administration. The fact is millions of Americans changed jobs or quit because they didn't want to be in crowded environments during a pandemic that was killing thousands of people every day. It is common sense, nothing to do with Democrats.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18