Liberals are the new communist. Yes or no?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: Liberals are the new communist. Yes or no?

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Mitchell 1919 wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:04 pm
Vēritās wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:17 pm
Come on guys, don't feed the troll that is ajax's 7th sock puppet. It only encourages him.
I see veritas the liberal democrat groupie is on another thread acting the retard. Answering the question, democrats have become communist. Toodaloo booboo! Don't drink the slime from a liberals shoo!
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Mitchell 1919
Nursery

Post by Mitchell 1919 »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:15 pm
Mitchell 1919 wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:04 pm

I see veritas the liberal democrat groupie is on another thread acting the retard. Answering the question, democrats have become communist. Toodaloo booboo! Don't drink the slime from a liberals shoo!
Apparently we have two democratic groupies. Do you and Veritas carpool to DC to perform sexuall favors for your favorite senators and congressman?
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Welcome to the board, Howler Monkey 1919! Or, welcome back if this is yet another sock puppet by the crap bird that was recently banned! We look fwd to the always in depth analysis and thoroughly researched posts howler monkeys provide on the forum. Monkey 🙈 🙉 🙊

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Lowrance wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:38 am
https://youtu.be/yysKhJ1U-vM
Bill Maher, an old time liberal, is starting to understand the far left wing of his party has been hijacked by the communist ideology. Is it too late for America? Have the communist infiltrated our schools to such a degree, we will never recover?
LOL!

Too late for America because of Bernie Sanders and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez?

Hilarious.

Try, is it too late for America because rightwing wackos tried to overturn an election to keep a con-man idiot in the presidency? And they would do it again!

Now there is something to be worried about.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

honorentheos wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:41 pm
Republicans are now American Nationalists, yes or no?
Some of them are ethno-nationalists.

I am a civic nationalist.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Kishkumen wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:03 pm
honorentheos wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:41 pm
Republicans are now American Nationalists, yes or no?
Some of them are ethno-nationalists.

I am a civic nationalist.
Thank you for giving an interesting, sincere answer to my somewhat tongue-in-cheek question. I wasn't expecting to have to think about anything when I checked the board this morning.

Civic nationalism is a concept that I've not really grappled with seriously. In principle it aligns very closely to core beliefs I have about what it means to identify as American where our national identity must be based on the shared values regarding human rights and constitutional law to have meaning in a pluralistic society. But by extension my patriotism doesn't include beliefs about American exceptionalism and I favor the benefits globalism has afforded us. Those same values and core beliefs, spread wide, have made war less appealing, improved lives around the world, and created opportunity for generations of folks around the globe now. But it's easy for those same beliefs to slip into justifying imperialism as we saw the US lean harder into following the collapse of the Soviet Union rather than pull back on the "national" part of that identity.

Anyway, now I feel I should get sorted on the topic.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

honorentheos wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:27 pm
Thank you for giving an interesting, sincere answer to my somewhat tongue-in-cheek question. I wasn't expecting to have to think about anything when I checked the board this morning.

Civic nationalism is a concept that I've not really grappled with seriously. In principle it aligns very closely to core beliefs I have about what it means to identify as American where our national identity must be based on the shared values regarding human rights and constitutional law to have meaning in a pluralistic society. But by extension my patriotism doesn't include beliefs about American exceptionalism and I favor the benefits globalism has afforded us. Those same values and core beliefs, spread wide, have made war less appealing, improved lives around the world, and created opportunity for generations of folks around the globe now. But it's easy for those same beliefs to slip into justifying imperialism as we saw the US lean harder into following the collapse of the Soviet Union rather than pull back on the "national" part of that identity.

Thank you for the usual thoughtfulness in your response, honor. I would not say that I am "anti-globalist." On the other hand, I am not a globalist to the point of aspiring to one world government. I don't think such an arrangement is tenable. That being out of reach and perhaps undesirable, I think robust civic nationalism, so long as it is not taken to an isolationist extreme, can be a healthy thing.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Kishkumen wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:41 pm
honorentheos wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:27 pm

Thank you for the usual thoughtfulness in your response, honor. I would not say that I am "anti-globalist." On the other hand, I am not a globalist to the point of aspiring to one world government. I don't think such an arrangement is tenable. That being out of reach and perhaps undesirable, I think robust civic nationalism, so long as it is not taken to an isolationist extreme, can be a healthy thing.
Would you mind providing a sort of down and dirty snapshot of ‘civic nationalism’ for us? I consider myself closest to a neoliberal (which is essentially a Nazi to demsocs and communists)?

- Doc
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Lowrance wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:02 pm
Some Schmo wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:56 pm
Liberals aren't communists.

The Republican party, however, is anti-education, as the subject of this thread demonstrates.
Remove your head from thine ass.
One might consider this irony, except that you expect people who say idiotic things with such confidence to continue to say idiotic things.

Dunning Kruger effect in action.

And yes, it's clearly a new sock puppet from a familiar idiot.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.