So we shot something down again

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Dr Exiled
God

Re: So we shot something down again

Post by Dr Exiled »

Balloon-gate has to be a new low. But, it did make me forget about that Seymour Hersh guy and his latest piece. So, mission accomplished.
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

ajax18 wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:54 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 4:26 pm

-_-

GOP > Biden isn’t doing anything!

*Biden does something*

GOP > No, not like that!

These fools think the the President is out there micromanaging the DoD. damned fools.

- Doc
No the president is focused on critical race theory indoctrination of enlisted men and making sure they use the proper pronouns, and besides he and Hunter probably owned stock in the Chinese spy balloon. There's no way they were going to shoot it down until some damn red state citizen noticed it overhead.

Just as secretary Pete is more concerned with too many white men on construction crews to have time to deal with train wrecks or incompetent pilots hired because of their gender and race rather than their ability to safely land a passenger jet airplane.
You literally have no grasp on reality. It’s weird as crap watching you continually make a complete ass of yourself. Like. You don’t get how organizations function. You don’t get much of anything, frankly. No wonder you’re continually duped by grifters.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

ajax18 wrote:
No the president is focused on critical race theory indoctrination of enlisted men and making sure they use the proper pronouns, …
And you believe that our fighting men and women can’t handle pronouns?
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

No wonder you’re continually duped by grifters.

- Doc
Is Hunter Biden the smartest man you know as well? Or is he just a shining example of liberal Democrat ethics in action? Maybe I don't understand how grifting works. I doubt I could have ever made, held onto, and kept for myself anywhere near as much money selling my family's political influence around the world as Hunter Biden has managed to do. It took a long time for him to get caught and I doubt he'll ever face any real consequences for any of it.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

ajax18 wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:18 pm
No wonder you’re continually duped by grifters.

- Doc
Is Hunter Biden the smartest man you know as well? Or is he just a shining example of liberal Democrat ethics in action? Maybe I don't understand how grifting works. I doubt I could have ever made, held onto, and kept for myself anywhere near as much money selling my family's political influence around the world as Hunter Biden has managed to do.
QED

-_-
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:44 pm
In the spirit of Xanax’s newfound concern for graft and foreign influence over the First Family:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... udi-funds/
After helping prince’s rise, Trump and Kushner benefit from Saudi funds

An investment fund overseen by Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman is backing ventures that profit the former president and his senior adviser, raising questions of conflict
The day after leaving the White House, Kushner created a company that he transformed months later into a private equity firm with $2 billion from a sovereign wealth fund chaired by Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman. Kushner’s firm structured those funds in such a way that it did not have to disclose the source, according to previously unreported details of Securities and Exchange Commission forms reviewed by The Washington Post. His business used a commonly employed strategy that allows many equity firms to avoid transparency about funding sources, experts said.
A year after his presidency, Trump’s golf courses began hosting tournaments for the Saudi fund-backed LIV Golf. Separately, the former president’s family company, the Trump Organization, secured an agreement with a Saudi real estate company that plans to build a Trump hotel as part of a $4 billion golf resort in Oman.
The day after the Trump administration ended, Kushner created a company called A Fin Management and used that as a springboard to create a private equity fund later that year called Affinity Partners. Such funds typically use investor money to buy into emerging companies.
Anyway. The article is well-written and eye-opening unlike the schlock Xanax posted. While he’s trying to find millions he forgot to look at the BILLIONS the Trump syndicate is pulling in, literally bought for political favors done while in office.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

ajax18 wrote:

Just as secretary Pete is more concerned with too many white men on construction crews to have time to deal with train wrecks ..
Also:

“On Thursday, DeWine, for the first time, requested federal assistance during a conversation with White House officials, according to his office. Just two days before, the second-term Republican told reporters that he had earlier been contacted by President Joe Biden with offers of assistance, but he declined.”

Dewine kept them out, and will likely suffer no consequences. This is the real political problem.

- Doc
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

"The laptop from Hell," goes into detail about how upset Hunter was with Joe for running for President. It meant he had to give up his seat on the board at Burisma. That seemed to be the grift that was harder for him to quit than cocaine, even Burisma was only paying him $40k/month instead of the $80k they paid him while his father was still serving as the current vice president.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
DaveIsHere
Teacher

Post by DaveIsHere »

Biggest story so far out of all of this is we spent over $180m a pop for the F-22 and all we have to show for 1/3rd trillion dollar program is from ground crew chief painted a balloon on the side of one. Is that truly how the mightiest aircombat aircraft in the history of aircombat goes into retirement someday, with a balloon?
If a Giant's pronouns are "fee, fi, fi, and fum", does that mean short people's pronouns are "oompa, loompa, and doopity-doo"?