Trauma, Leaving the Church, society, atheist

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
doubtingthomas
God

Trauma, Leaving the Church, society, atheist

Post by doubtingthomas »

A lot of exmos have trauma after leaving the church. Many are very angry at the church and need therapy.

I was thinking about what Marcus said, "Incels, or “involuntary celibates,” are young, heterosexual men who blame ... society for their own inability to form romantic or sexual attachments"

I am not an incel at all. The incels tend to be unattractive low-skilled men who have severe intellectual disabilities. Society does reject low-skilled men. I am talking to an atheist girl I met on a dating app, she told me five days ago, "I think humans are terrible". She's 27, but already on disability. She sounds like a female incel.

The misogyny isn't justified, but it's unsurprising.Thank goodness I don't have an intellectual disability. I am improving myself financially and I am not low-skilled, and I have muscles. However, some men are very unlucky and will be forever rejected by society.

A man with a severe intellectual disability who is rejected by society is very dangerous.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
doubtingthomas
God

Re: Trauma, Leaving the Church, society, atheist

Post by doubtingthomas »

I won't be surprised if this gets no replies, let's turn a blind eye.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

You're not totally wrong, because you see that girls can have many of the same issues boys do, having grown up in small families perhaps only child, unlimited access to computers, internet, cellphones from age 2, and mom and dad unable to pull the plug. I've been there and so I know. Incels are just a little farther down the road.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:27 am
A lot of exmos have trauma after leaving the church. Many are very angry at the church and need therapy.
This is true, but the reasons for each individual will vary.

For people who really believed it, it will come as quite a shock to allow yourself to question that belief. They certainly have a traumatic experience. I assume, anyway, and they probably could benefit from therapy. I think most people could, no matter their background.

For others who were forced into religion by their parents and never really believed, the anger will have a different flavor. Speaking for myself, I'd say I resent the very idea of religion. It's no church in particular; they're all pushing unprovable BS, even if it's sprinkled with obvious truths. I'm annoyed with the general religious public for holding on to childish ideas.

It doesn't bother me so much when people keep it to themselves, though. And it's been my experience that's most people these days.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:28 am
I won't be surprised if this gets no replies, let's turn a blind eye.
In order to properly reply, tell us: What is your point?
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

doubtingthomas wrote:

I was thinking about what Marcus said, "Incels, or “involuntary celibates,” are young, heterosexual men who blame ... society for their own inability to form romantic or sexual attachments"

I am not an incel at all. The incels tend to be unattractive low-skilled men who have severe intellectual disabilities. Society does reject low-skilled men. I am talking to an atheist girl I met on a dating app, she told me five days ago, "I think humans are terrible". She's 27, but already on disability. She sounds like a female incel.

The misogyny isn't justified, but it's unsurprising.Thank goodness I don't have an intellectual disability. I am improving myself financially and I am not low-skilled, and I have muscles. However, some men are very unlucky and will be forever rejected by society.

A man with a severe intellectual disability who is rejected by society is very dangerous.
Disabilty by age 27?. That's some good baseline financial security. That'll be a long retirement with more free time than any working man will ever see. Now she just needs a sugar Daddy to meet her more costly needs and she has got it made. I'm jealous. I wish I could get that kind of freedom to do what I want when I want with no responsibilty or work required.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

ajax18 wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 5:10 pm
doubtingthomas wrote:

Disabilty by age 27?. That's some good baseline financial security. That'll be a long retirement with more free time than any working man will ever see. Now she just needs a sugar Daddy to meet her more costly needs and she has got it made. I'm jealous. I wish I could get that kind of freedom to do what I want when I want with no responsibilty or work required.
Xanax doesn’t understand words.

-_-
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

Thomas, here is an interesting response to a person who is puzzled by his incel condition who does not hate women,is not dumb or ugly, not absorded in that online net, just a guy without romantic connection.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyl ... cted-to-me

"When we regard others as instantiations of a gender or as possible sexual partners, they can feel it, writes advice columnist Eleanor Gordon-Smith."
Mistico
Nursery

Post by Mistico »

doubtingthomas wrote:

Oh my friend God bless you. What you no mean by a man is of danger when rejected by society? Is it feeling of this way or you describing someone else. Thank you, God bless🙏
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

huckelberry wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 5:41 pm
Thomas, here is an interesting response to a person who is puzzled by his incel condition who does not hate women,is not dumb or ugly, not absorded in that online net, just a guy without romantic connection.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyl ... cted-to-me

"When we regard others as instantiations of a gender or as possible sexual partners, they can feel it, writes advice columnist Eleanor Gordon-Smith."
That was a terrific column, huckelberry, thanks for posting that.