Reverse Wokeism is worse

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: Reverse Wokeism is worse

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Huh.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:47 pm

Huh.

Travis Tritt as well... with the eye liner.

FtY1FyQWcAUX-Fk.jpeg
FtY1FyQWcAUX-Fk.jpeg (91.96 KiB) Viewed 384 times
FtG8C8jWcAc8MFg.jpeg
FtG8C8jWcAc8MFg.jpeg (187.19 KiB) Viewed 384 times
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 1:42 am
I don’t agree that cable “news” networks are not about making money. Each is after its own audience.
Who has said cable "news" networks are not about making money? Obviously they need to make money too in order to survive, but some of them are less disdainful than others about adhering to the truth and fact checking.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Gunnar wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2023 10:35 pm
Kishkumen wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 1:42 am
I don’t agree that cable “news” networks are not about making money. Each is after its own audience.
Who has said cable "news" networks are not about making money? Obviously they need to make money too in order to survive, but some of them are less disdainful than others about adhering to the truth and fact checking.
I'm looking forward to cancelling DirectTv this month. No more subsidizing Right Wing media. I hope that eventually more and more Americans will pull the plug and start streaming all of their TV programs that way propaganda outlets like FOX will no longer be able to afford running entire segments commercial free. I'm also switching from AT&T to Tmobile since they're one of the few remaining companies that advertises with FOX.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

No cable at my house. T-mobile phone.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Kishkumen wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:36 am
No cable at my house. T-mobile phone.
We cut the cord about two years ago. One of the reasons is because we couldn’t curate our basic content.
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 12:18 pm
We cut the cord about two years ago. One of the reasons is because we couldn’t curate our basic content.
Cable tv left back when I was working on my dissertation. I was, at the time, rather addicted to watching the "news," thanks in no small part to the Bush/Gore election coverage.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Right Wing bigot goes ballistic in a grocery store destroying all the Bud Lights in sight.
Dustin Cain of Topeka, Kansas smashed cases of Busch beer at a Walmart, presumably in protest of Anheuser-Busch's "woke" policies. (Busch and Bud Light are both owned by Anheuser-Busch.) Cain was booked for criminal damage to property; felony battery; physical contact in rude, insulting, angry manner; as well as assault.
https://youtu.be/91SqhF1Ki-8?t=133
woke.jpg
woke.jpg (54.16 KiB) Viewed 258 times
I guess this could also be posted in the thread detailing all of the right wing sex offenders:

J Dustin D. Cain, man in viral Walmart beer-smashing video, charged with exposing himself to teen
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Vēritās wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:26 pm
Right Wing bigot goes ballistic in a grocery store destroying all the Bud Lights in sight.
Dustin Cain of Topeka, Kansas smashed cases of Busch beer at a Walmart, presumably in protest of Anheuser-Busch's "woke" policies. (Busch and Bud Light are both owned by Anheuser-Busch.) Cain was booked for criminal damage to property; felony battery; physical contact in rude, insulting, angry manner; as well as assault.
https://youtu.be/91SqhF1Ki-8?t=133

woke.jpg

I guess this could also be posted in the thread detailing all of the right wing sex offenders:

J Dustin D. Cain, man in viral Walmart beer-smashing video, charged with exposing himself to teen
This kind of activity is tantamount to attacking and punishing people and organizations for refusing to condone bigotry and hateful intolerance. Anti-woke-ism is mainly just a euphemistic term for popularizing bigotry and hatred.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.