Reverse Wokeism is worse

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Moksha
God

Re: Reverse Wokeism is worse

Post by Moksha »

Lowrance wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 4:21 pm
Probably due to the fact that you have never established your own company. Do you have a job with the government as well?
This gave America its worst leader ever. Not sure it breeds psychopathology, but owning the company does little to inhibit it.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Lowrance
Star A

Post by Lowrance »

https://youtu.be/M9wzGHz9u9s

According to Amanda Ensing, wokeism is a modern-day new religion. She is completely correct! Modern-day wokeism is forcing our youth to deconstruct everything that is good about this country. I'd love to hear your thoughts.
Lowrance
Star A

Post by Lowrance »

https://youtu.be/bpzZfCMoFiI

The fact that this biologist states a fact, that men are taller than women, causes the wokies in the audience to get up and leave the room. The truth is too much for the wokies to bear. This video exemplifies how wokeness indoctrinates our youth into believing whatever woke prophets are teaching at the time.

Are the orthodox wokies on the board, such as Veritas, Marcus, and canpakes, willing to watch this video and share their thoughts, or will they behave like good little wokies and only listen to information from the woke playbook?
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Lowrance wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 12:44 pm

According to Amanda Ensing, wokeism is a modern-day new religion. She is completely correct! Modern-day wokeism is forcing our youth to deconstruct everything that is good about this country. I'd love to hear your thoughts.
My thoughts are that both you and Amanda are idiots.

Gender is no longer understood to be binary no matter how hard the traditionalists want science to be stagnant. This is the same crap we went through over the past 50 years with accepting homosexuals. Just 30 years ago the idea that marriage had to be between man and woman was concrete and the prospect of a homosexual getting elected to office was damn near impossible. But thanks to "wokeism" all of that has changed now and even FOX is hiring gay people. Wokeism is nothing more than a social movement towards tolerance, inclusion, acceptance and morality, which is why Republicans are so dead set against it.

Trying to dismiss it all as some "religion" is a fools errand and typical of idiots who do nothing but post youtube clips of any moron who is willing to broadcast their own insecurities in the form of a podcast.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Alphus and Omegus
Area Authority

Post by Alphus and Omegus »

Vēritās wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 2:05 pm
Lowrance wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 12:44 pm

My thoughts are that both you and Amanda are idiots.

Gender is no longer understood to be binary no matter how hard the traditionalists want science to be stagnant. This is the same crap we went through over the past 50 years with accepting homosexuals. Just 30 years ago the idea that marriage had to be between man and woman was concrete and the prospect of a homosexual getting elected to office was damn near impossible. But thanks to "wokeism" all of that has changed now and even FOX is hiring gay people. Wokeism is nothing more than a social movement towards tolerance, inclusion, acceptance and morality, which is why Republicans are so dead set against it.

Trying to dismiss it all as some "religion" is a fools errand and typical of idiots who do nothing but post youtube clips of any moron who is willing to broadcast their own insecurities in the form of a podcast.
Yes. While there are excesses among people who strive for greater societal fairness, they are nowhere near as much as on the political right, where a man (John Eastman) who supports laws for executing LGBT people does legal work for the president, where a woman (Marjorie Taylor Greene) trying to break up the country is allowed to serve on the House Homeland Security Committee, and where a president who fomented a mob to try to kill his own vice president and then did literally nothing to stop them until hours after their rampage began is still the leading presidential candidate.

The people who love and tolerate this anti-American and traitorous behavior do so because of actual religion. They feel like their superstitions should be the law of the land. They feel like even though they are the minority, they should get to rule because they are Christian fundamentalists and they "know" what's true, even though most of them know almost nothing about biblical history or literature.

The entire "woke" ploy is just a tired repetition of earlier tropes: communists, secular humanists, political correctness, oh my!

Beyond being the same useless fearmongering, these complaints are masking an extremist vision which is both totalitarian and anti-intellectual. There's no better illustration of this than the book banning crusade that actual religious people are engaging in across many Republican states. They are seeking to ban adults from reading books in public libraries, not just censor schools.

Another great example is the "1776 Commission" launched by Trump toward the end of his single term. It was chaired by Christian supremacists who want the state to force their absurd and authoritarian views about history onto the rest of the country. This is a good summary of what that was if you aren't familiar:

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/t ... cna1255086

The far right viewpoints that are slowly receding are so intellectually incoherent and factually unsupported that they cannot actually defend themselves in well-argued books and essays. What their believers do instead is whine and complain constantly that their views aren't respected in the hopes that people will take pity and treat their mythologies with undue respect.
Alphus and Omegus
Area Authority

Kishkumen wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 1:42 am
I don’t agree that cable “news” networks are not about making money. Each is after its own audience.
I think reading the recent transcripts, emails, and text messages produced by Dominion Voting in its lawsuit against Fox demonstrates very clearly that Fox is a world removed from the typical sensationalism that is a problem in television news. They knew they were lying and decided to do it anyway because they knew the audience wanted to be lied to:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/media/20 ... -analysis/

Fox is a business built around protecting the very precarious worldview of its viewers. They cannot handle too much truth. Fox isn't about news, it's about providing reinforcement to irrational beliefs and sustaining hatred at America, college professors, atheists, transgender people, racial justice activists.......

You get fired at Fox for telling the truth about basic election facts. That doesn't happen anywhere outside of right wing media.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

No doubt FOX is the pits. But the business model is at the root of the problem.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Alphus and Omegus
Area Authority

Kishkumen wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 5:01 pm
No doubt FOX is the pits. But the business model is at the root of the problem.
The business model of Fox was based on the Republican party's business model: activating and profiting from the hatred of a sizable group of reactionary Christians who are still angry about the Civil War, public education, biological evolution, and Biblical studies.

Media scholars and historians have documented in meticulous detail how the Republican party won the South by merging with its tradition of white racial resentment and Christian fundamentalist rage. Angie Maxwell is one of the best researchers on this topic if you are not familiar with the voluminous academic literature about Southern resentment and how it colonized other regions of the US:

https://www.amazon.com/Indicted-South-C ... 1469611643

There could easily be a center-right TV channel that was actually journalistic and wasn't afraid to tell the truth as they saw it. Such a channel would suffer from the temptations that plague the journalistically inclined center-left channels like MSNBC or CNN, but it would be markedly different from Fox, which was founded by a Republican election consultant and designed deliberately to monetize rage and to fuel it.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Alphus and Omegus wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:34 pm
The business model of Fox was based on the Republican party's business model: activating and profiting from the hatred of a sizable group of reactionary Christians who are still angry about the Civil War, public education, biological evolution, and Biblical studies.

Media scholars and historians have documented in meticulous detail how the Republican party won the South by merging with its tradition of white racial resentment and Christian fundamentalist rage. Angie Maxwell is one of the best researchers on this topic if you are not familiar with the voluminous academic literature about Southern resentment and how it colonized other regions of the US:

https://www.amazon.com/Indicted-South-C ... 1469611643

There could easily be a center-right TV channel that was actually journalistic and wasn't afraid to tell the truth as they saw it. Such a channel would suffer from the temptations that plague the journalistically inclined center-left channels like MSNBC or CNN, but it would be markedly different from Fox, which was founded by a Republican election consultant and designed deliberately to monetize rage and to fuel it.
Sigh. I am not communicating clearly enough.

Corporate media is the problem. FOX is just by far the worst instantiation of the major outlets.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

CNN was the first 24/hr news channel, I remember those days back in the late 80's and early 90's, especially watching the coverage of the first attack on Iraq. Whenever you turned it on it was basically news, like someone reporting on a situation somewhere in the world and for the most part it was quite boring. But it was 24 hrs, so that made it unique and helpful for those who wanted the news but came in too late to catch it at 6pm or 11pm.

But then came FOX News and they approached it clearly as an attempt to shape public opinion as opposed to informing it. Most of their viewers got hooked on their prime time "News Analysis" shows like O'Reilly and then the ploy of Hannity and Combs, trying to trick moderates into thinking they were truly what they advertised themselves to be: "Fair and Balanced," simply because they had a Democrat on one of their shows.

When FOX Became the #1 watched network it was clearly Right Leaning, so there really wasn't any competition from the likes of CNN. FOX had no competition at the time whereas all of the other networks were competing with one another because all of the self professing Republicans would never watch them anyway because FOX had spent years convincing them that all other media was "Leftist" and they were being indoctrinated, bla bla bla.

Eventually the mainstream outlets like CNN started to adopt the FOX model by hosting "shows" that were considered "News Analysis." So you eventually get Cuomo, Maddow, etc. I think this was a mistake, but I get why they did it. At the end of the day both sides broadcast mostly "opinion" shows for entertainment, but only FOX is interested in creating division in America, getting people to literally hate the other side, openly bashing anyone who is Liberal, getting their base riled up over idiotic culture issues they usually create from whole cloth.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18