Reverse Wokeism is worse

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: Reverse Wokeism is worse

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

In effect, what you have is a wealthy elite that have weaponized media in order to outsource their own PR/propaganda/public defense to gullible and disaffected individuals. The fascist engine works by transmuting populist anger (partially created by wealth inequality and stoked social issues) into focused political power - a "strong" authoritarian leader. If you look at what right wingers say vs what they ignore, only one viable conclusion emerges: The rhetoric is a smokescreen. They only care about power, preservation of power, and withholding of power from people they don't like. And they'll use any rhetoric to mask the fascist desires lurking in the muck of their souls, even if it means contradicting themselves 10 seconds later. All the while contributing to a festering crab-bucket mentality that drives intra-class conflict.

Don't look for logical or semantic consistency across fascists' statements and beliefs: the real commonalities are who they affect in that moment: protecting themselves and their in-groups, or hurting anyone that "threatens" that. And by the way some behave, existence alone can seem a threat. They use their moralistic cultural warmongering through the media to punish their political opponents - not because they have principles - but because they desperately need to distract from their own behavior and they need to turn their economic war into a more palatable cultural one that the average, poor authoritarian idiot has a stake in.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

There is a movement trying to get Rupert Murdoch deported. He's a foreigner who came here to interfere in our elections and undermine our democracy.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Vēritās wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:17 pm
There is a movement trying to get Rupert Murdoch deported. He's a foreigner who came here to interfere in our elections and undermine our democracy.
I highly approve of the movement to get Murdoch deported. He obviously hates the very idea of democracy and is eager to promote any lie or conspiracy theory, however egregious, that he thinks will further his hateful, racist agenda.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Gunnar wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:54 pm
I highly approve of the movement to get Murdoch deported.
Doesn't he live in Australia?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

I hate that those with a fascist bent have taken the Buddhist concept of "being woke" and turned it into an expression that they revile. Can't we return to the established Mormon Discussion terms of PROGRESSIVES and regressives?
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:50 pm
In effect, what you have is a wealthy elite that have weaponized media in order to outsource their own PR/propaganda/public defense to gullible and disaffected individuals. The fascist engine works by transmuting populist anger (partially created by wealth inequality and stoked social issues) into focused political power - a "strong" authoritarian leader. If you look at what right wingers say vs what they ignore, only one viable conclusion emerges: The rhetoric is a smokescreen. They only care about power, preservation of power, and withholding of power from people they don't like. And they'll use any rhetoric to mask the fascist desires lurking in the muck of their souls, even if it means contradicting themselves 10 seconds later. All the while contributing to a festering crab-bucket mentality that drives intra-class conflict.

Don't look for logical or semantic consistency across fascists' statements and beliefs: the real commonalities are who they affect in that moment: protecting themselves and their in-groups, or hurting anyone that "threatens" that. And by the way some behave, existence alone can seem a threat. They use their moralistic cultural warmongering through the media to punish their political opponents - not because they have principles - but because they desperately need to distract from their own behavior and they need to turn their economic war into a more palatable cultural one that the average, poor authoritarian idiot has a stake in.

- Doc
True and well put.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

This week in reverse wokeism, triggered right wingers like Kid Rock take to Twitter to shoot up cases of BudLight and

Fox News and Fox Business outraged that Disney is including consent in The Little Mermaid
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
DaveIsHere
Teacher

Post by DaveIsHere »

Ok, I tried to do it. Even tried to get y'all up in this...
If a Giant's pronouns are "fee, fi, fi, and fum", does that mean short people's pronouns are "oompa, loompa, and doopity-doo"?
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

DaveIsHere wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:56 am
It is amazing the extent to which red states will go to claim the title of Crazytown, USA.
DaveIsHere
Teacher

Post by DaveIsHere »

Moksha wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 4:36 am
DaveIsHere wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:56 am
It is amazing the extent to which red states will go to claim the title of Crazytown, USA.

"Red States" ? BS...

a large percentage of fundamentalist "Christians" feel threatened by anything that ain't white, ain't down with kiddie diddling, and ain't down damned over anyone that ain't them. That crap happens in all states damned near, red, blue or motherfucking purple.
If a Giant's pronouns are "fee, fi, fi, and fum", does that mean short people's pronouns are "oompa, loompa, and doopity-doo"?