Reverse Wokeism is worse

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Vēritās
God

Reverse Wokeism is worse

Post by Vēritās »

WIth all of this idiotic hysteria over "wokeism" in RIght Wing Media, they are proving themselves to be the very thing they claim to despise. A group of people who get triggered by the most irrelevant crap there is. Things that have zero affect on their personal lives but for some reason they allow it to get under their skin.

After FOX News freaked out about M&M's the A&W Rootbeer company decided to troll them with an announcement that they're going to put pants on their mascot bear. It was a joke, but FOX fell for it hook, line and sinker. One FOX Host was literally crying about it.

FOX News and Right wing culture has become a haven for Karens and Snowflakes, and they spend all their time ironically complaining about others they perceive to be Karens and Snowflakes. And they appear to have no self awareness about this. I bring it up every time some idiot starts ranting about wokeness to me. Like, why do you care if some private corporation decided to dress an M&M more modestly? Wokeism was about inequality and social injustice for the most part, while reverse wokeism is about the dumbest crap imaginable.

In another example, Chelsea Handler did a skit on the Daily Show that was entirely a joke. She said as a childless woman she gets to do all kinds of things stay at home mothers only dream about. The "you should stay in the kitchen barefoot and pregnant" Christian males in Right Wing media went apeshit over this attacking her and calling her a drunk whose life is miserable because she isn't fulfilling the role they think women ought to have in society. Ana Kasparian reiterates the point few see to be making about these idiots.

WHY DO YOU CARE IF A COMPLETE STRANGER CHOOSES NOT TO HAVE KIDS?

DOES THIS IN ANY WAY AFFECT YOUR PERSONAL LIFE?

WHY IS THIS NEWSWORTHY?

BECAUSE THE CULTURAL WARRIORS AT FOX SAY SO?
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Gunnar
God

Re: Reverse Wokeism is worse

Post by Gunnar »

Vēritās wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:01 am
FOX News and Right wing culture has become a haven for Karens and Snowflakes, and they spend all their time ironically complaining about others they perceive to be Karens and Snowflakes. And they appear to have no self awareness about this. I bring it up every time some idiot starts ranting about wokeness to me. Like, why do you care if some private corporation decided to dress an M&M more modestly? Wokeism was about inequality and social injustice for the most part, while reverse wokeism is about the dumbest crap imaginable.

WHY DO YOU CARE IF A COMPLETE STRANGER CHOOSES NOT TO HAVE KIDS?

DOES THIS IN ANY WAY AFFECT YOUR PERSONAL LIFE?

WHY IS THIS NEWSWORTHY?

BECAUSE THE CULTURAL WARRIORS AT FOX SAY SO?
I couldn't agree more! I can think of few if anything more irrational than Right Wingers' obsession with "wokeism" and "anti-wokeism." It is glaringly obvious to me that what they mean by "anti-wokeism" is just a euphemism for bigotry and disapproval of diversity, equality and inclusion of others with different racial and cultural backgrounds or honest differences of opinion. I think it is far more admirable to be "woke."

I certainly respect and approve of Ana Kasparian's right to remain childless, yet it seems sort of sad that she would never consider being a mother. I think she would probably be a much better mother than the likes of Lauren Bobert or Marjorie Taylor Green, or any other MAGA Republican, for that matter.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Where were they literally crying? I didn’t see it.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:40 pm
Where were they literally crying? I didn’t see it.

- Doc
I didn't either but I time stamped Maria Bartiromo when she asked the blond "why are you crying" so I assume she saw her get teary eyed over it and she was clearly emotional about it.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Yeah, this whole Chelsea Handler incident is proof positive that the vocal right-wing have lost their damned minds.

I read an article yesterday (I wish I could remember the title - can't seem to find it so I can link it here) from a woman talking about how this isn't about women being unhappy childless. She points out these damned douche bags don't give a crap about Handler's happiness. It's about men wanting women to be dependent on men, and the best way to make that happen is to get a woman pregnant and taking care of kids.

Her thesis was that these men are just projecting their own frustration over some women being independent and fine without a man. Hard not to agree. It's only “F” ups trying to make the argument that women can't be happy until they have kids.

Frankly, I've come to the conclusion that not having children is by far the most rational choice. Wanting kids is all emotionally motivated and is usually not intellectually considered. I know it was for me.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Gunnar wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:27 pm
It is glaringly obvious to me that what they mean by "anti-wokeism" is just a euphemism for bigotry and disapproval of diversity, equality and inclusion of others with different racial and cultural backgrounds or honest differences of opinion. I think it is far more admirable to be "woke."
Absolutely true.

It's about balance. A valid criticism of "woke culture" is that it goes too far, but the basic premise of treating people with respect and equality is a noble effort. Some people just want to avoid criticism for saying the asshole things they want to say. Those are the folks who refer to it as the "woke mob."
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
DaveIsHere
Teacher

Post by DaveIsHere »

Yes! A thousand times, YES! It's about equality and common respect.

Ok, maybe I'm wrong about y'all, but that some of you understand that "anti-woke" is just racism/classism for this age and that gives me hope that someday we can be brothers and sisters.

Y'all keep on fighting for the Good fight.
If a Giant's pronouns are "fee, fi, fi, and fum", does that mean short people's pronouns are "oompa, loompa, and doopity-doo"?
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Some Schmo wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 5:04 pm
Frankly, I've come to the conclusion that not having children is by far the most rational choice. Wanting kids is all emotionally motivated and is usually not intellectually considered.
That's exactly why I never had kids.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

I think the whole controversy is tedious. FOX is just about making money by getting as many eyes on the screen as possible. Same with the others.
Last edited by Kishkumen on Mon Feb 20, 2023 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Some Schmo wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 5:04 pm
Frankly, I've come to the conclusion that not having children is by far the most rational choice. Wanting kids is all emotionally motivated and is usually not intellectually considered. I know it was for me.
I agree that some people due to their temperament and circumstances ought not to have children, and no one should be disparaged and condemned merely for choosing not to have children. For these people, not having children really is the more rational and responsible choice, and there are some people with kids who should never have had them and may even have good reason to be sorry they did. However, you have talked about your daughter before, so I know you have at least one child, whom you apparently love very much. Can you honestly say that you are sorry you had her? My own kids, though they have sometimes caused me a measure of grief and inconvenience, have mostly been a source of great joy and love. The same is true of my adorable grandchildren.
Last edited by Gunnar on Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.